[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ricochet accident stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: bullets_01.jpg (64 KB, 611x404) Image search: [Google]
bullets_01.jpg
64 KB, 611x404
ok guys so today a bullet shrapnel hit my cheek while on the range.

Long story short i wound up in the hospital and i finally came back home and wanted to know your stories so i wouldn't feel like complete shit.
>>
>>29395058
>At IDPA match at an indoor range.
>Was chilling behind the firing line, waiting my turn, talking to some other guys, back to the targets. All of a sudden feel something bounce off the backplate of my GoPro head mount.
>A sliver of 9mm ricocheted and hit me in the back of my head.
All I got. I was completely unscathed.
>>
>Underground in secret firing range facility in major U.S. metropolis
>Conducting movement and fire drills
>low light, one handed (to simulate injury - we switch to both hands)
>As we near the back wall, we change over shotgun to pistol
>5 meters
>Bang, "ow!"
>What what what?
>I think I just got hit
>Turns out the round hit the back wall then hit the shooter
>Nothing but a bruise.
>Everyone is okay
>>
>>29395058
You should post a picture of your wound
>>
have 10/22, think .22's are half a step above pellet guns
on the patio of parents place, they've got a stone patio
movie ricochets are bullshit
decide to shoot stone patio about a foot infront of me
>hold my beer
bullet fragment went through my denim and left a small bruise on my leg about halfway up my shin

overall not a smart thing. But the overall lesson was don't shoot rocks at your feet with a .22. duh.
>>
File: WP_20141221_004.jpg (213 KB, 2048x1224) Image search: [Google]
WP_20141221_004.jpg
213 KB, 2048x1224
>>29395058
> be plinking with .22 CC
>mag dumping at stump/overturned tree roots
>feel a pinch in my shoulder
>holster gun and shake out arm thinking a bug bit me
>flattened .22 falls out of sleeve
I guess there was a rock somewhere in the dirt and roots that deflected the shot. Punched through my Vietnam milsurp coat and T-shirt. Drew a small amount of blood but nothing that lasted more then a day or two. Still surprised a .22LR packs that much punch on a direct reverse trajectory. Pic related, still got the bullet sitting in a drawer back home some where.
>>
nogunz here
how deadly are ricochets?
Planning on getting into firearms soon.
>>
>>29396883
They kill at least 12 people every time a firing range is opened.
>>
>>29395216
Agreed
>>
>>29395058
whats the term for when so many bullets get fired into a backstop that they start piling on top of each other and eventually cause ricochets? i've heard it before but since forgotten.
>>
>>29395058
>shooting .327 federal at steel plates, lead handloads
>piece flies back and hits buddy in the nuts
>laffs had by me

That's about it. Never found it greentext worthy till now.
>>
>>29395074
>Wearing a go-pro to an indoor range

Faggot.
>>
>>29395058
>2010
>Be 16
>Shooting 45 LC at cast iron pan on the farm
>soft lead Winchester brown box loads
>take aim, fire, hit bottom edge of the pan
>cuts the bullet basically in half
>the other half scoops into the pan and ramps off the upper edge
>comes flying back at me and hits me in the top right of my head
>bleeds like a motherfucker
>learned a lesson

The only time I've ever had anything come back at me again was at a pistol combat shoot, someone hit the top deflector on the target carrier and a deformed bullet came back and left a gash in the leather on my boot.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.