[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.etymotic.com/consumer/ea rphones/hf5.html >Et
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: hf5_bkco_box_450.jpg (43 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
hf5_bkco_box_450.jpg
43 KB, 450x450
http://www.etymotic.com/consumer/earphones/hf5.html

>Etymotic HF5
>35 dB - 42 dB noise isolation
So could these also double as hearing protection while out shooting? Serious question btw.
>>
Dunno, try it yourself. Or just buy purpose-built earpro because that's actually meant to be protection.
>>
It blocks noise from 35-42 dB, it doesn't reduce it that much. If you look on their site, they say that all of their ear plugs are rated NRR12. They claim that the rating is bullshit and their plug real world is NRR20, which might be enough for most outdoor shooting, but I wouldn't really trust them on that.

Impact sports are rated nrr22, and it's fine for most outdoor, but you'd still need to double up with plugs for indoor or loud guns. If you don't want to double up, then look for something at least nrr30. I've never had to double up on the Peltor H10A, but I hate wearing them.
>>
i just wear skull candies when i shoot. Gotta blast um real loud too on account of how deaf i am.
>>
>>27567606
They'd probably be fine for 22lr though, especially if it's outdoor shooting, right?
Thanks for informative post btw
>>
I use a pair of blown in ear skull candies.
Cut the chord at the bud.
If I don't have them I use 9mm brass instead.
>>
File: 2001.gif (499 KB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
2001.gif
499 KB, 500x220
>>27567636
>wears turned-up earbuds when shooting
Well there's no doubt why you're deaf, imbecile. This is like a flashlight-on-a-lightspeed-ship argument for deafness. Only more stupid.
>>
>>27567686
22lr can still be loud. Depends entirely on what ammo and what gun. If you go to a paid range, most of them (most of the ones I go to at least) don't let you wear ear buds and makes you wear proper ear pro.
>>
>>27567636
>>27567699
Is this a dank new meme?
>>
>>27567498
I remember the headphone threads on /g/, every time the OP complained about the mysterious "Etymotic shill" every fucking thread.
>>
>>27568404
>the headphone threads on /g/

I shygddt

I stopped reading that cancerous shit over a year ago.
Too much shilling, accusations of shilling, and other forms of shit posting.
>>
Are you trying to use them just as earplugs or do you want to listen to music?

If you want them for just earplugs, foam earplugs will be more effective. The cord of those will naturally pick up sound. Not a lot but a little is more than none.

f you want to listen to music then put closed-back headphones over your earplugs. You can still hear music decently over the earplugs, but the earplugs give adequate hearing protection and the headphones may add a little more.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.