[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of rothco military items? I know a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
What do you guys think of rothco military items? I know a lot of them are made in china, but I was wondering if they were worth it. Specifically, their knives and M-65 jackets

Do you own any rothco items?
>>
Rothco raped my childhood. There as nothing I loved more then going in a surplus store and smelling that mildly mildewed old USGI canvas smell. Rothco churns out Chicom junk at a fraction of the price of USGI suplus items so what do you think the Surplus stores mostly sell? No I would never but that commie filth. But the real thing.
>>
>>27542805
Cheap junk. You can buy an authentic M65 at your local Goodwill for $20. Quality well be better too.
>>
>>27542805
I used to work a uniform shop. Mostly it was school sports teams or doctors offices, but we also serviced our local prison. The guards there had wanted 5.11 everything but didn't have enough people to get on the price level they wanted, so my boss talked them into trying Rothco. They we so dissatisfied with the quality of the BDUs and boots that we lost the contract.

I ended up with several sets of BDUs and two pairs of boots that I got for free because we couldn't sell them. The BDUs seemed fine to me, but I had nothing to compare them to and wore them maybe twice. The boots fell apart terribly fast from daily wear. One pair lasted like 8 months, the other made it though a whole year. I wouldn't spend any of my hard earned shekels on their crap.

tl;dr Rothco is a shit
>>
Their pants are alright. Any other stuff is complete shit that will fall apart. I have the M65 jacket and it does an okay job keeping me dry and sort of warm, but it doesn't have a real hood. Instead it's like a spandex thing.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 126x93) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 126x93
>>27542805
>>27542889
rothco made gear for the USA in WW2
the gear isnt bad, its fair-mid quality.
its main selling point is value, i use their belt pouches religiously at work, i also have a spool of their paracord.

the belt pouches they sell are 10 bucks, i use them at work as a lightweight toolbelt. saved me about 80 bucks using 2 pouches vs a toolbelt. i do industrial steel construction work and i abuse the shit out of the things, never failed me once.
>>
File: images.jpg (25 KB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
25 KB, 400x295
>>27543246
fucked up the image somehow
>>
>>27543246
>the gear they made 70 years ago in america is much better than the gear they make now in china
fixed.
>>
I've had a few Rothco items that I don't regret purchasing and are still working just fine for me after years of use.
>>
>>27542805
I have a rothco m65 for hunting and I like it. Much more value and better camo patterns than the alpha brand m65.
>>
>>27542805
Just buy a real surplus M-65. They are pretty cheap and worth the money. I got one of them Austrian ones and it's pretty swell.
>>
>>27544265
the old M65's dont have any nylon and are not water resistant at all. plus they make you look homeless.

If you want a higher quality one buy an alpha.
>>
>>27544369
I only wear it when I'm shoveling the driveway, innawoods I have an arcteryx leaf hardshell.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.