[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
300 BLK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (285 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
285 KB, 1920x1080
I already built a 5.56 AR, and already built a lower. Should I get a 300 BLK upper or just do another 5.56? I also reload so cost isn't as much an issue. Main uses would be for range and blowing up fruit.
>>
>>29311000

Unless it's for hunting or suppressor use, you might as well just stick with the 5.56x45...
>>
>>29311000
As someone who has a 300blk, it's really nothing special unless you plan on hunting medium game with your AR.

In a hunting sense, it's a wonderful cartridge. The 110 to 125gr bullets are fantastic for deer, and having it in a common platform is really nice.

In a plinking sense, not so much. It's pricey for ammo and while you can use H110 for ALL of it's loadings, I haven't been that impressed with what I can do with it. Subsonic is fun, but the novelty wears off quick for me.

I would consider it for an HD caliber.
>>
>>29311080
>I would consider it for an HD caliber.

Oh, fuck yeah. Using a suppressor for HD is ideal.
>>
>>29311000
Alright I need a myth buster concerning 300 blackout, I heard that the cartridge burns all it's powder out of 10.5 in barrel and that is the ideal barrel length for using 300 blk.

Truth, fudd, or nonsense?
>>
>>29311155
Even unsuppressed, the 110gr Barnes Tac-TX would be my first choice for HD. They expand instantly and dump almost all of their energy into the target. What's left won't have enough ass to go through sheetrock or a door. Hell, I shot a porcupine at 10 feet with one, and the bullet only went 1 inch into the dirt.
>>
>>29311222

You think that is scary? Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeo2v6_B27g
>>
>>29311227
>not having a detonation in the chest cavity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1mQtvwEFMM
>>
>>29311218
It was designed to be optimized for 8.5-10.5 inch barrels, whether subsonic or supersonic loading
>>
>>29311218
I guess it depends on the load and type of rifling in the barrel. Some people say that happens in a polygonal 8, other say 11.5 I honestly don't know as mine is a 16.
>>
How much is the "toe dipping" .300blk upper?

I want something that lets it do what the round does better, best. But I also do not want to go all in on something that might not be right for me.

I'd want the shortest OAL I could get away with easily on my regular AR lower, and whatever twist is best for that length and likely (best) bullet weight.
>>
>>29311298
>Over dramatic slow motion, music and fake sound at 0:50.
>Claim it makes explosive gas that flash.
Its a reflection from the powerful tripod work lights.
Lehigh or Patton media is fraudulent.
>>
>>29311375

Just get a barrel if you're going budget and swap it out.
>>
>>29311513
Would it stay cheap to buy the rest of an upper to go with that barrel, IF I end up liking it?

Have separate upper is always the end goal, if I like it, because I can maintain my zero during the switch.
>>
>>29311556
Good plan
>>
File: 1453343588740.jpg (58 KB, 468x423) Image search: [Google]
1453343588740.jpg
58 KB, 468x423
>>29311000
I keep thinking "Why don't they make a quick change barrel upper for the AR? Quick change like the MG42's barrel." Then I remember that switching out the upper means keeping your zero and decide that's worth it.

Would a QCB be at all possible in an AR without being more stress than its worth?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.