[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Campus self defense EDC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
So I spend most of my time in an anti fun college and I want to carry something for self defense. What is /k/'s opinion on pepper spray vs stungun vs taser? I currently carry a conal pattern sabre red but I dont know much about the effectiveness of stunguns and tasers. What does /k/ edc on campus?

pic related, my edc
>>
>>29280907
Stungun is pain compliance, does not disable and you can only use it in melee range, I wouldn't even spend money on one..
Pepper spray and taser do disable the opponent, taser is more effective but has only one shot the you have to reload the thing. Pepper spray is much less effective, but a big can gives you morespace for error and might be effective depending on the subject.

Train and get a taser, it's the most effective way to defend yourself.
>>
>>29280975

how does one exactly train with a taser? I thought once you fired them it was a giant pain in the ass to reload them...but then again I dont know much about them at all.
>>
>>29281028
I mean train in hitting target with taser.
Rounds are fired in particular angle to get the biggest distance possible between the probes, so if you shoot someone that is too far, one of the nails might miss.
And if it does, I hope you trained in changing hose cartridges fast. And if you shoot someone that is too close, you won't get full effect.

Look at some videos of it, and remember that there are training rounds that are less expensive than the real ones. Still fucking expensive as hell, I think the training ones are $25 each and the real one $50.
But getting one and putting in your pocket and hoping it will work on the first time you actually use it is like buying a lucky charm and believing you won't be ever assaulted.
>>
>>29281129

Thanks for the info, any particular brand that you would recommend on the market right now? I was looking at the TASER Pulse, and the popular TASER C2 isnt being sold anymore.

If I could I would just carry my pistol but it isnt worth the risk of being thrown out
>>
>>29281181
No, sadly I don't have any direct experience so I can't recommend a specific brand.
My country believes tasers and stunguns (and pepper spray cans bigger than a thumb) to be deadly assault weapons, and are therefore banned.

If I were to just elaborate on it, I'd probably say that you should get one with the cartridge sticking out like in the M26 (I'm not sure which models you can acquire), just because it looks easier to grip and therefore faster to change in a difficult situation or with gloves in winter, which in my opinion overcomes the drawback of a bigger and harder to conceal device.
If I were to choose between the two you suggested, I'd say the pulse just beacause looks like a gun and is probably easier to aim if you use guns instead of the C2 that is more streamlined and made for those that want a gun but don't want to admit they want a gun.
>>
>>29280907
In terms of non lethal self defense is recommend a folding baton. They hurt like a motherfucker, especially if you know the basics of batoning. The downside is that they can only multiply the force you're able to put behind them, so if you've got pencil arms it won't work for shit. Also, they really only work against an unarmed opponent, which is really all you should expect on a college campus. If you find yourself in an armed confrontation your best bet is running
>>
>>29281261

Thanks for the info m8. That is some pretty fucked up shit about your country...American universities aren't too far behind that mentality though, they are a world of their own. Ill look more into the M26

>>29281357

I have actually considered buying a collapsible baton but they are 100% banned on campus, and fall under the same punishments as carrying a firearm on campus grounds unfortunately, so they are pretty much out of the question.

I agree that my first line of defense is evasion and deescalation at all possible. The campus rules fucking enrage me though. The campus itself has the highest assault and robbery rates than anywhere else in the city, and it is the only place that you cant concealed carry. Blows me the fuck away.
>>
>>29281403
Where do you go to school? Bongistan? Go the biker rout and grab a heavy ass padlock and tie a bandana to it
>>
>>29281403

What are you, a pussy?

If you are white you will never get searched. Especially in college. Searches are for kiddie shit.
>>
File: 20131211_161921.jpg (767 KB, 1836x1107) Image search: [Google]
20131211_161921.jpg
767 KB, 1836x1107
>>29280907
>>
>>29281497
>Marlboro

You will never be as good as pall mall
>>
>>29281497
you go to UNT, don't you?
>>
>>29281475
>What are you, a pussy?

I sacrificed a lot of years and time in order to make it to college with the amazing benefits I receive now, not about to lose everything on the off chance I am forced to defend myself with a weapon or tool that the university deems banned. You can make that argument when you aren't paying for your own education, but for everyone else there is simply too much to lose from a "fuck da rulz" mindset.

>>29281444

WVU in West by god Virginia. Morgantown is a massive fucking shithole of a town ate up with crime.
>>
>>29281537
nope I know some people who did back in 2000
>>
>>29281666
ah, the spec's card any your wallet gave me the idea you go to college somewhere in North or Gulf Texas
>>
Why not keep a gun in your backpack? I slip my carry gun in the front slot of my backpack whenever I hit campus. My bag is always with me and no one is any the wiser.

I go to an anti-fun college too anon
>>
>>29281517
>pall mall
>good

What planet are you from, bruv?
>>
>>29281742

Because besides the "rather be judged by 12 etc" rhetoric, it isn't worth it to me to face the legal repercussions of carrying on campus if I'm forced to use it. For me personally I wont carry on campus until WVU allows campus carry. Call me paranoid, but I won't take the risk.
>>
>>29281639
"I sacrificed a lot of years and time in order to make it to college with the amazing benefits"

But are you willing to sacrifice your life for it?
>>
>>29281829

I totally see that point and it is something I've been struggling with since I got my CCW. Shit sucks all in all. I feel like I could absolutley be fucked without my carry but I can still be fucked with it.
>>
>>29281403
>collapsible batons considered the same as firearms on his campus
>an item that looks like a gun, operates like a gun, and causes damage is totally going to be fine on college campus though

You're an idiot anon.
>>
>>29281766
besides your campus, is there a state law that backs up the college's decision to ban concealed carry?

In Alabama you wouldn't face any legal repercussions, but the school could decide to kick you out if anything were to happen.
>>
>>29281878

I didn't make the rules...I know they are backwards as all hell. Trying to stay within the confines of campus regulation is a headache.
>>
>>29281881

I'm not actually sure. I should do more research on that aspect of the law here in WV. Getting kicked out of school is nearly as horrible a scenario as legal repercussions though. Im going to through the military for my benefits and getting kicked out would destroy my life...pretty much the only reason I and trying to conform to these liberal fucktard rules in the first place.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.