[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sci fi weapons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: raygun.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
raygun.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
a discussion about REALISTIC sci fi weapons
>weapons that are at least somewhat based in real science
ray guns
power armor
killer robots
bolters
try to not go with shit that is just fiction with no basis in reality --- (light sabers)
>>
File: staff.png (2 MB, 734x556) Image search: [Google]
staff.png
2 MB, 734x556
>>29269402
ray gun --- radiation gun
gravity / antigravity gun
"smart" projectiles - tracking / heat seeking / whatever
killer bots - nuff said
power armor - nuff said
>>
>>29269402
Some of my favorite are when the writer remembers that lasers come in a whole lot of different flavors. A rather fun book series a while back had a gamma ray laser pumped my antimatter annihilation.

Also of note grav guns that use staged gravity generators to throw a projectile, much like a gauss rifle but with "down" instead of magnets.

Somewhat more far-fetched were warp grenades: small FTL generators that just shunted the effected matter into hyperspace. Sorta feels like the ultimate fuck you. Good luck getting armor to work against that.
>>
>>29269402

Particle beams, son.

www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/aureview/1984/jul-aug/roberds.html

No realistic defense possible.
>>
>>29269501
>the serpent guard's eyes glow
>the eagle guard's wings move
> the anubis guard's nose drips
based Teal'c
>>
I always wonder why sonic weapons remain disused.

I mean, it doesn't have to be some dramatic sonic boom shit. Every material has a natural resonating frequency, right? Well, just work out the frequency for human bone, pack it into a grenade with some speakers and vibrate a bitches skeleton.

It wouldn't even have to be incredibly dramatic. After about ten-twenty seconds of you going tacoma narrows on your bitch ass, you'd have microfractures developing all over your bones. To the point where your own muscular tension would tear your tendons free. Then what are you going to do? Gasp at me menacingly?
>>
>>29272299
I think i read the same series, David Weber right?
>>
File: H5 AR.png (864 KB, 1814x560) Image search: [Google]
H5 AR.png
864 KB, 1814x560
The MA5X series AR's from Halo. 30-60 round mags of 7.62 alien removal with optional ammo-counter and compass. Plus rails for more goodies.
>>
You've forgotten the Gauss Rifle
>>
>>29269402
You want real scifi weapons? This is a good place to start.
http://www.amazing1.com
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-16-00-42-51.png (385 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-16-00-42-51.png
385 KB, 720x1280
>>29274297
Wow future armalite rifles
>>
>>29269402
Chainswords are dumb, gonna get clogged.
Vibro-blades on the other hand is a great idea.

Im not an engineer so admittedly my "leave an electric tooth brush alone in the dark with a KA-BAR" plan may have some flaws. Perhaps if I first got them drunk somehow.
>>
File: 1386131165189.png (95 KB, 534x664) Image search: [Google]
1386131165189.png
95 KB, 534x664
>>29275440
>leave an electric tooth brush alone in the dark with a KA-BAR
kek
>>
>>29275440
Eh, it would have to be for mainly soft targets and be durable for human bone. Electric fish filet knives are great, but they only have to chop fish bones which aren't that tough (until you get a rib stuck in your fucking gums).
>>
>>29275440
It seems like an excellent idea, especially if it's serrated.
>>29275407
Huh. Never thought about that.
Come to think of it, would that mean that Misriah armory either bought by Armalite or bought it out or something?
Either way, cool as fuck.
>>29272494
Because no one can here your sonic boom in space. Alien atmospheres may not work so well for them either.
In essence, it's not guaranteed unless you have lots of earth like atmospheres, or settings for different atmospheres.

>>29269402
My personal favorite would be the DMR from Halo, honestly.
Something about it just does it for me.

If they got rid of that Damn charging handle, it would be pretty okay-Ish.
>>
File: NlVnlAi.jpg (57 KB, 632x418) Image search: [Google]
NlVnlAi.jpg
57 KB, 632x418
We are living in an age where media is just barely keeping tract with real world developments. Elysium is pretty damn close, but when we are actively testing:
>Guided .50 BMG rounds
>Powered Exoskeletons
>Miniaturized Personal Guided Missiles
>Personal Cyber warfare Suites
>Laser Designated Air Burst Personal Grenade Launchers
>Drone Swarms

And see very little of it in media, you know we're in for some sweet treats. I mean sure, we've had operators in powered armor with FUUUTURfurnitured rifles doing traditional operator stuff, but we haven't seen the integrated, high lethality super networked kill node that the future holds. Hell, the Deputy Secretary is calling for man-machine "centaur" line infantry.

They aren't up to speed, and its forcing me into writefaggotry.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.