[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My interest in guns has lessened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: 1457326223686.jpg (8 KB, 250x182) Image search: [Google]
1457326223686.jpg
8 KB, 250x182
Hello /k/omrades,

Over the past few months I've felt like my interest in buying new guns/shooting has gone down a lot. I've start doing other things and it hasn't been a priority. I guess it's a little depressing because I used to be so into it. I used to want all the last news, any little bit of knowledge I could find. Now, I haven't shot any guns for almost 2 months. I still love them and respect them, but I hope I can find more interest in them. Have any of you felt like this?

Side note:
/k/ is still by far my favorite board and the one I consider home.

I post on /o/ more now, but every single fucking thread is an absolute tard fight.
>>
File: Feels mad man.jpg (39 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
Feels mad man.jpg
39 KB, 500x557
>>29263257
Yes

I simply haven't found the time to renew my range membership, and it's pretty hard to justify because range dues are fairly expensive ($150) Hell, it's been so long I forget how much my range charges.

I haven't shot in over a year. Feels bad man
>>
>>29263257

Literally the only reason I buy the guns I do is because one day I won't be able to buy the ones I want.

If there were no constant threat of bans, constantly spewed misinformation, and so on...I'd have like one pistol to carry and I don't know maybe the 10/22.
>>
I feel like this right now, too. Even though I'm getting far more money at my current job than my last one, I'm less interested in guns than before.

I used to love guns of all sorts and sizes, but now I'm pretty much exclusively into milsurp and 1911s and want to own guns more for their history than anything.

/k/ is always my go-to "bored" site though. Every other board is so child-like. Some of the best internet-related memories I had were of night /k/, shooting the shit over nothing in particular, not even gun-related, just down to earth storytelling and jokes.
>>
File: 1456446517197.jpg (161 KB, 450x444) Image search: [Google]
1456446517197.jpg
161 KB, 450x444
I feel like my interest in obtaining guns has lessened, but my interest in shooting and enhancing my skills has increased.

I've come to conclusion that it's less about how many and what type you own, and more about the actual experience.
>>
>carry a gun every day
>buy a couple a year
>shoot less than I would like
>lots of dryfire because poor
>work in gun store
>look at /k/ most days

It's not really a hobby I spend my weekends/free time doing (work combined with school I don't have free time, haven't had a "weekend" since the one after Christmas, before that it was one in September) it's more of an obligation that I enjoy if that makes sense. Sort of like working out or eating healthy. Sometimes you get frustrated by it and it feels more like work than fun, you experience setbacks, accomplish goals, but it's part of your life and you like it.
>>
File: IMG_2200.jpg (722 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2200.jpg
722 KB, 1632x1224
I was gonna pick up reloading, but then the school semester started and I havent the time. Now im sitting on 1k+ of casings.
>>
>>29263474
Hope you don't try and reload that steel friend.
>>
>>29263474
>Saving steel cases

Top jej wow how much time did you waste picking those up for literally no reason you retard
>>
>>29263518
>>29263540
Its winchester boxer primed steel case, not surplus berdan primed.
>>
>>29263606
So? You still can't reload steel you mong.
>>
>>29263257
i wouldnt worry too much about it. hobbies and interests can come and go in cycles, im sure if you just keep doing other things that interest you, youll come back to guns eventually.
>>
>>29263649
i wouldnt pick it over brass, but yes you can
>>
>>29263606
other than berdan primers not being reloadable, which was not what I was talking about, I am aware of boxer primed steel case

There is no way your picking up steel, tumbling, decapping, reloading is worth your time for what, 2? 3 cents per round at most cost savings, considering That and cases splitting and case head separation since steel casings don't lend themselves to long life cycles
>>
>>29263663
Well sure you "can" but you really really shouldn't.
>>
I came from /o/ a couple years ago and pretty much had the opposite happen... Don't really care about cars much past making sure mine still works well and spent all my money on guns... I do need to buy another motorcycle though, there have been some cool smaller bikes come out in the last few years... Hobbies change...
>>
>>29263663
The reloading manual I got to read before getting into reloading said that steel is reloadable, but just mentioned it in passing and spent the rest of the book talking about brass. What's the difference in methodology between the two?
>>
>>29263257
It's okay OP. I have all the free time in the world right now and I still can't be bothered to go to the range to try out the 10/22 I picked up several months ago.

Interest in something waxes and wanes, it'll come back eventually. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>29263710

I appreciate your post. But I live in a communist state where I cant order ammo thru the mail. So those 2-3 cents savings is the most Ill ever see. Cheapest 9mm I ever was able to get was $11.50 for aluminum cased.
>>
>>29263369
Yeah, that's exactly me. I got a job and tons more money to spend, but guns just don't quite make it to the top of the list. That, and now I'm able to do all things I've wanted to do, like buy a motorcycle.
>>29263651
This is why I always come back to this board. You guys are the best.
>>
>>29263738
Sizing steel is supposed to be a pain and getting it to hold neck tension is harder... I should try and reload a couple steel 223 pieces and compare...
>>
>>29263738
For steel case, you might wanna use more case lube and more effort has to be used to size the case. Im not sure how the crimping goes with steel case, probably too hard to do it.
>>
File: 1458012346192.jpg (9 KB, 198x225) Image search: [Google]
1458012346192.jpg
9 KB, 198x225
>>29263474
>Being a vulture at the range for steel.
>Didn't slip on spaghetti picking up steel from the ground
>>
>>29263738
Assuming you're talking about boxer primed steel

For what you actually do when it comes to case prep/decapping/reloading-- No difference other than lubing the fuck out of cases before resizing.

But for the cost of steel, and the fact you're going to get 2/3 reloads max out of a case, combined with the fact you will be shooting steel cases out of an AK most of the time, so it'll be kicking brass out 30/40 feet unless all you do is sit at a bench to make using a brass catcher more practical-- the time spent picking up brass and reloading IMO is worth a fuckload less than what my time is actually worth to just buy boxes of Wolf 7.62x39 for like $5.89 of TulAmmo 9mm for $9.75
>>
>>29263758
I suppose that is a somewhat valid point

Sorry to hear that
>>
>>29263257

No. I got the itch a year ago from lurking /k/ and seeing gucci and with some crimes that happened nearby when I moved to a less upstanding neighborhood. Started with a Glock 19....was too afraid to handle it or shoot....started learning how it works...bought a shogtun...bought an AR a week ago.. now I'm feverishly planning how to spend money I don't have yet on funz and related items
>>
>>29263257

I have a decent sized collection of guns but I don't really like shooting them. Not because I want to to care for them or preserve them, but rather I just don't enjoy shooting in general.

I do it and go to the range once every 2 months but I dislike it. Im thinking about going even less...Maybe just once or twice a year because I feel proficient with my guns and like I said, I just don't like shooting.

I fucking love my guns though and will never sell them and I'll most likely buy another one within the next six months. Oh well.
>>
The nice thing about guns is that you can lose interest in them for a few months and let them gather dust without issue.

Unlike horses. RIDE THEM OR SELL THEM YOU FAT BITCH.
>>
>>29263761

i wish i could go shoot more but my cock sucker boss has me working so fucking much by the time im done i just want to veg. i did go blow off a few round last weekend and it was a major stress reliever. felt like i had a massage and a bj. then i went and had a beer and a burger. fucking good day.

>This is why I always come back to this board. You guys are the best.

as gay as it sounds i think the same thing. i dont really have anyone in my personal life i can confide in and just talk to, so i do it on here. usually nobody replies but it makes me feel good to get stuff off my chest and if someone was amused by the story it did its purpose. sometimes if its a particularly personal story it kinda chokes me up a bit to type it out. feeling loserish typing this up but i know theres probably a bunch of people like me on here.
>>
File: model 10.jpg (67 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
model 10.jpg
67 KB, 500x406
>>29263257
Same kind of rut, sort of. I haven't gone to the rifle range in about half a year. I still try to make bi-weekly visits to the local pistol range, just to keep my self from blunting.

I keep buying guns, got about 30 now, but I've only got ammo for half of them. There are some that are still sitting in their boxes.
>>
OP you need to find a new niche in the gun market. Buying modern mass produced guns may not do it for you, rather than an AR try picking up a galil or some other preban or maybe some milsurp. I hardly touch my ARs now that I have some fun prebans to play with
>>
File: rsz_img_20151226_225134907-1.jpg (591 KB, 2624x1476) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20151226_225134907-1.jpg
591 KB, 2624x1476
>>29263257
I kinda feel the same, I think. I got fired from my last job and currently have a lower paying job. But even with that said I wasn't even going to the range that often when I had more money. I mean I love shooting but just haven't really felt the urge to get up and go shoot like I used to. Still gona buy mo gunz tho case the gubment try to fringe my rights.
>>
My interest in guns wanes and waxes, but I know it'll always come back. Don't feel bad if you lose interest for a while, you can't be a gun nut all the time.

/k/ is still a magical place, and I'm glad. This won't last forever.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.