[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magazines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 799x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 799x467
How many magazines is a reasonable amount
>I have 6 ar mag 3 1911 mags and two glock mags
>I wanna stock up on them and am getting another Magpul glock mag
>my main concern is having backups in case one wears out and range use so I can load all them up and not bother with loading at table
What would you would a good amount to last in the election season because glock mags from Magpul going for 15 bucks and I could easily see them going for 50 during hitlarys reign
>>
Also the 1911 mags are the least of my concerns
Can't imagine anyone stocking up on mags that are legal even under my safe act so am not getting one unless great deal locally
>>
As many as you need, really. If one eventually does wear out it isn't a scavenger hunt to find a new one unless you have a rare weapon. The 10-round for my .22 scout rifle (circa 1940) went missing and I know I'll never find a new one unless I get lucky at an auction website. I have 4 magazines for my carry pistol. The concealed 9 round it came with, the extra 15 in the box, and two new ones I got in a packaged deal. I use the extras for training so I don't have to unload my carry ammo every time I want to go to a range. I don't ever see there being a huge magazine scare in my state so there's no point in speculating on the market.
>>
>>29216240
Get as many as you can hoard, they will only ever be scarcer and more expensive than they are now. I have a dozen 1911 mags and at least 30 AR-15 mags. I buy a few every time I see a good price, can't have too many. It is nice not to have to load mags at the range, especially when you have newbs with no finger strength with you.
>>
I just ordered 10 30-rd Gen 3 PMAGS for my first AR build
>>
>>29216240
>How many magazines is a reasonable amount

Personal preference.

I have 17 mags split between 2 1911s, and 30 mags for my two glocks.
>>
>>29216240
Rule that I got is: however many you can get, especially the ones that might get banned or rise in price.

But I think a more common sense approach is to own 2 or 3 sets of what you'll generally carry.

Like if you carry 2 M9 mags with one in the M9, that's a 1 set of 3. You then buy another set as backup so if something untoward happens to that set, you have replacements (you did a tactical reload near a river, you managed to accidentally drive over it for some reason, etc).
A third set as a complete stock that you don't even open from its package for a rainy day helps too.

If you apply that with an AR-15 and you have a 6 30rd mag carrier, that's a set of 7. If you go backup only, 14. If you go with the stockroom set, that's a total of 21 mags. This obviously drops in number if your vest can only carry 2 or 3 spare mags, but again, these aren't hard numbers, just guidelines.
>>
>>29217498
And this also goes with the idea that magazines generally last for 30 full loads and use before they start wearing out and causing issues. That's 900 rounds per 30 round mag.

If you're a high volume competition shooter, you're probably going to want to buy more magazines than the normal person.
>>
>>29217525
Wut.

Gonna need a sauce on that "30 loads before they start to fail"

Anecdotally, I have pmags from 2010 with hundreds of loads through them without a mag induced fault in an AR, either my civ one or issued m4s
>>
I always buy .22 mags and AR mags when on sale and even when not at least twice a month.

I have really started up a collection. Sad thing is I only have one AR and one .22. I should probably be buying back ups for those. No good to have one point of failure.
>>
>>29217498
I am just going to order a three pack of glock mags before this year ends and three more at mags
Maybe 2 1911 mags at a gun show if price is right
I thing 12 ar mags and 6 of each pistol mag should be good goal for this year
>>
>>29217498
I also think 2 mags for a glock is the max I could carry
My priorities are glock mags come first because that's the most likely gun I would use for defense ar mags only because they probably will be banned in the next 2 years
And 1911 mags last because in all likelyhood those won't be banned unless they go full retard and ban anything that's not single shot
>>
>>29216522
Are you me?
Where'd you get them from and what price? I got them from Bayou Tactical for 129.50 with free shipping.
>>
>>29217549
Rifle magazines are sturdier than pistol magazines.
>>
>>29216240
If I need 1911 mags I'll just go to local store run by based Asian and has good prices usually the same as online maybe a dollar or two more but I get them the same day.
I just ordered a magpul pmag 17 they work and are cheap
My birthday is in August I am thinking of getting 120 worth of mags for that day
I like collecting magazines variation more than collecting guns for some reason
>>
I have a chest full of mags.

25 AR
15 AK
13 Vz58
8 FAL
40 g3
10 glock
10 px4
3 fnx45
7 AR-10

I buy every time I find a deal.
>>
>how many _____

n+1
>>
I have 5 glock 19 mags, 2 glock 26 mags, and 10-15 ar mags.

Every other pistol is 2-3 mags. My glocks and my AR are my gonz for a habbening.
>>
>>29217549
Aren't mags suppose to last more than a normal shooter could even afford to shoot ammo out off
I don't shoot that often so they should last my at least 10 years before noticing anything
And if they do grandfather status and sell them to some old fag for 50 bucks or a new fag for around 20
If a ban does go into effect I couldn't do it to a kid who was born in the wrong time and wants a normal mag
But an old fag who should of known better I would gladly charge him up the ass for a mag
>>
>>29217744
You are the savior of the future gun community.
>>
>>29217740
I think three glock mags is a good number for range use
I ordered one just an hour ago next week I am ordering one of those novelty 33 round mags
It will cost me almost 40 bucks but my concern is Hillary gets elected and they cost 150 for used pos mag
And I always just wanted one for shit and giggles
>>
>>29216240

I honestly like to have at least 3-4 mags for safe queens, and 6-10 mags for guns I use at classes/competition/carry.
>>
File: CJISTV6UEAERwqU.jpg (43 KB, 600x714) Image search: [Google]
CJISTV6UEAERwqU.jpg
43 KB, 600x714
>>29216240
>2016
>not remembering Sandy Hook electric boogaloo
> not remembering $100 for pmags
>not remembering States that passed "hi capacity bans"
>Not stockpiling for yourself and for others behind enemy lines

Seriously if after everything that has been happening you STILL dont take advantage of rock bottom prices that we enjoy right now you are an idiot. You should have at the least 5 mags per pistol and 10 per rifle, and that's just what you keep on hand not counting for friends family etc.
>>
I have 21 ar mags being brought by a family member from a based state to my state when they come back relatively soon. I plan on giving at least 3 to another family member, and then selling a few during election season, I got them for ~$8 each, I'll probably sell 5 or 6 for $20-30 each.
>>
>>29216240
"I have too many magazines"
-Said no one ever

Same rule applies to ammo.
>>
>>29218015
I just said I am getting ready for Hilary and I just ordered a block mag a few hours ago
>>
>>29218108
That's quite a lot there.
>sell
>>
File: IMG_20160216_212844-picsay.jpg (453 KB, 1495x1690) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160216_212844-picsay.jpg
453 KB, 1495x1690
>>29216240

I have 6 15 round mags for my glock 19 and 1 33 rounder. Last weekend I passed out on the couch after reading /k/ all night and woke up all groggy in the middle of the night fresh out of a dream about SHTF. In the dream i was burning carpet from my house to cook over (cough) and had only 1 fully working mag. Was super pissed that before the bans and SHTF I didn't buy more when I had the chance. I wandered over to the PC and bought 2 more 33 rounders and 2 more 15 rounders. In the morning I didn't even remember it.

Anyway, buy more glock mags. They are cheap on natchezss.com, where I have been buying them.
>>
>>29217696
>>29217525

are you making a weak joke or are you literally retarded? a pistol mag should last the lifetime of a gun unless it is a hi-point or some shit.
>>
>>29217776
Same
>>
>>29217525
This actually makes sense. USGI mag springs are rated to have 4000 rounds go through them before they give out completely. At 900 rounds, it's really to be expected that it's going to start having issues.
>>
I've read that PMAGs have 100,000+ cycle lifespans. How much cycling is that? Full 30 or even just 10?
>>
>>29221315
Take 100,000 and divide it by 30 yourself you lazy jackass, it's not rocket science.
>>
>>29221339
But then that number changes with 20 round and 10 round PMAGs, so I don't think that's the actual number we're looking for.
>>
File: 1455144508671.png (404 KB, 506x621) Image search: [Google]
1455144508671.png
404 KB, 506x621
as many as you want, Id say something like a dozen might be a waste but fuck it get 6 or 7 if you can find a good deal. Its always better to have extra
and don't forget about fun extended mags either. You should at least one for one of your guns if possible
>>
If you manage to "wear out" a magpul mag, congrats. You are a fucking monster.
>>
>>29222048
>Olayyyy?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.