[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud at shooting? I'm okay if it was about self
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1456785406855.jpg (87 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1456785406855.jpg
87 KB, 768x1024
How do I git gud at shooting? I'm okay if it was about self defense but I don't give a shit about that, I want to be accurate af.

Pls tell me the secrets

I have a Bersa Thunder 9 Pro. Is it possible that my accuracy is not that good because I'm using a kind of cheap gun?
>>
File: shooting-chart.gif (31 KB, 450x455) Image search: [Google]
shooting-chart.gif
31 KB, 450x455
this is a good place to start
>>
>>29194936
Two things that worked great for me.
1. Print targets like >>29194960 posted, maybe edit them a bit more to your liking before printing.
They're not necessarily 100% right every time, but they do keep your mind on the things you should and shouldn't be doing. I felt like it just helped me form good habits above all else.
2. Get a (nice)pellet rifle and shoot like there's no tomorrow if you want some rifle training. Get some paper or 3 size cheap rimfire spinner targets they sell for like 10-20 bucks, and have at it till you are bored with anything but the small one. Then increase the distances.
>>
>>29194936
Post more Stefanie
>>
>>29194936
Trigger squeeze trigger squeeze trigger squeeze. The shot should basically be a surprise to you. Maintain your sight picture and shoot the same way every time. Jerry has this great video as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s
>>
>>29194936
The short base of a pistol will limit accuracy to a certain range, that's not a bad pistol but that's true of any pistol. You don't say what sort of shooting you consider yourself poor at or what you want to work on so it's hard to say much specific, but the basics are just to watch your technique, get someone competent to check and correct it occasionally, and use up a shit-ton of ammo practicing.
>>
>>29195286
Would taking a pellet gun to a range with a wasr be fine? I've never seen anyone bring a pellet gun to a range. Sounds neat, where can I find cheap paper targets and good stand for a reasonable price?
>>
>>29194936
Work on your grip, it's the most important part of shooting any handgun.
>>
>>29195681
Who is this?
>>
>>29195811

quiet.
>>
File: Google-Image-Search.png (2 KB, 146x81) Image search: [Google]
Google-Image-Search.png
2 KB, 146x81
>>29195811
>>
File: BqrPejW.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BqrPejW.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
>>29195811
Stephanie joosten, she is the person that the character quiet is modeled after in the new metal gear game
>>
>>29195860
thanks
>>
>>29194936
>Grip gun as high as it allows
>Middle of webbing between thumb and index should be where your pistol grip begins, now wrap your fingers around
>Support hand palm on opposite side, cover as much as possible, fingers of support hand should wrap around to lay on top of and in between fingers of strong hand
>Push inward with both hands, your fingers should be more relaxed than anything
>FIRM grip, not a death grip, you don't want to squeeze the gun, but you don't want it going anywhere
>(Harder grip == better for recoil, looser grip == better for accuracy)
>Middle of pad of index finger on middle of trigger
>Arms slightly bent, elbows pointed outward
>Bring gun up to eyes, don't bring head down to gun
>Keep both eyes open
>Stand straight forward, do not angle body
>Feet shoulder-width apart
>Knees slightly bent, as if to throw a basketball
>Lean forward at the hips, back straight
>Controlled, rhythmic breathing, try to pull trigger when you're between having exhaled and before you inhale
>Wait to pull trigger until your sight picture is good
>"Equal height, equal light": sights should be even across the top and even space between sides of front sight and either side of rear sight channel
>Try to pull trigger straight back, don't hook it, this requires more bending at second finger knuckle from tip
>Trigger pull should be like pressing button on a camera to take a picture: nice and even, no jerking
>Hold trigger down after shot
>Slowly let off trigger until it resets
>Do not change anything for next shot, take your time, but don't take forever
>Do this for only as many 10 rounds at a time, then stand up, relax, break tunnel vision, set gun down, shake it off, take >1min, repeat

Regardless of what your goal is, being accurate is your foundation. Don't worry about speed AT ALL, it's not the goal. Make it a goal for later, and practice it without worry of accuracy beyond getting rounds ON the target (regardless of WHERE on the target).
>>
>>29194936

I'm in a similar situation. They say your pistol will almost always be more accurate than you can shoot it, if it's a modern built one, so there's always room to improve. That said,

>Get first gun
>Has 8lb trigger
>Someone tries it and tells me it's probably even more than that

How do I pull this fucker without jerking the gun?
>>
File: P1060042.jpg (915 KB, 1350x1548) Image search: [Google]
P1060042.jpg
915 KB, 1350x1548
>>29195785
I bring my pellet gun to the range with my other stuff, people like taking turns shooting shotgun hulls etc with it after we finish shooting real guns at night.
There's nothing weird about it, it's just really cheap practice since I don't like blowing through 500rds of centerfire, or even 22lr this day and age.
>Sounds neat, where can I find cheap paper targets and good stand for a reasonable price?
I'd just buy one of these at walmart, or almost any gunshop. Just set it up as far as you want and have at it and enjoy the clanks. My 1300fps pba rated gun spins the small one all the way around.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81een-3sz3L._SX425_.jpg
I just print my edited target and use shooting spots for visibility when it comes to paper. Otherwise, I use shoot n c targets. IDK about a stand, I just use hollowed out computer cases and strong magnets to hold paper to them.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bymZuj2oUFHC3dn92cUg2ZlmYs8LLAU0Wgdv8ZPX8gA/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>29196026
Slowly, and with little enthusiasm.
>>
>>29196026
What gun?
>>
>>29196075
SD9VE

It's gotten a little better with dry practice, but sometimes it will still jerk. I've found myelf using the tip of my finger more, which is a little uncomfortable but seems to help.
>>
>>29196121
$60 bucks and you could fix that 8lb trigger.
>>
>>29196137
I got the trigger spring kit, have been a bit more hesitant on the actual trigger replacement itself since it's $40 and I want to see how the spring kit works first.

My understanding is that it takes it down to maybe 6lbs.
>>
>>29196121
How much did you get it for?
>>
>>29196165
$430 after tax.

I'm in commifornia though, and this is the commiefornia version, so it's naturally more expensive thanks to the "features" required by california law and the huge rush to get handguns before sale of them is shut down for good.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.