[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I've settled on my first carry handgun. I ended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: ruger.jpg (1 MB, 3374x2492) Image search: [Google]
ruger.jpg
1 MB, 3374x2492
I think I've settled on my first carry handgun. I ended up on the Ruger LCR, .38 Special +P model. It's 13.5oz unloaded, 5 shot, internal hammer, DAO. Tell me why my decision is shit.

> Why not .357 instead of .38, since it can also shoot .38, faggot

The .38 model is 4oz lighter. And with a 2" barrel, the .357 recoil is disproportionately large to the damage it can do, when compared to .38 +P out of the same barrel.

> Why a wheelgun, faggot

Simplicity. I want a simple mechanism. If a cartridge fails to fire, I want to pull the trigger again and go bang. And I don't want ejection failures. I want as few failures as possible when I need it to work.
>>
it's shit because it's a revolver and you suck at shooting and this will make you suck even more so i hope you end up dying in a fire to avoid the inevitable nigger rape after you've missed all you're shots

:^)
>>
>>29191253
;)

Is 5 rounds too few for carry? I figure the logic is, if I can't put the attacker down in 5, I deserve to die.
>>
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 908x681) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 908x681
>>29191219
The guy going on about how revolvers are shit's an idiot.

However the real joke is that you didn't buy the only good thing Ruger has ever made, an SP101.
Even then, I have my doubts...so, I'll ask, why did you not get literally anything but a Ruger in the shittiest caliber since...I dunno, .32 ACP or something?

Also, you have more options to train with if you got the .357.
In all honesty there's no reason for .38 to exist anymore.
And if you're complaining about four fucking ounces, you're a damn pussy.
>>
get an 8-round revolver.
>>
I think it's a very sensible choice for its intended use op.
>>
I own this weapon. It's a great pocket gun but i wouldn't trust my aim beyond bad-breath distance with it in a pinch Very snappy but plenty of stopping power at close range.
>>
>>29191336
OP here, nice Chiappa Rhino. I seriously considered their 2" 357, but I've read bad things about the QC at their factories, as well as customer support when shit breaks. That and the price. But the ability to stay on target due to the bore axis alignment is really appealing.
>>
>>29191361
>>29191374
Thanks for the info
>>
>>29191383
They're not mine.
I just posted them for ammosexual appeal.
>>
I picked up mine about a week ago. It's an lcrx in .38 +p. Shot it just two days ago, I'll answer any questions you have.
>>
>>29191336
what model of autorevolver is that mateba
its sooooo hot
>>
>>29191549
What's your general impression of it? How is the accuracy?
>>
>>29191594
General impression: exactly what I expected, and perfect for what I was looking for.

Accuracy: for a 2 inch snubby, very accurate. The smoothness of the trigger aids in this tremendously.
>>
>>29191219

My wife carries one in 327 mag. Its a sweet little gun.
>>
File: IMG_20160308_0154184_rewind.jpg (701 KB, 1920x1088) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160308_0154184_rewind.jpg
701 KB, 1920x1088
I enjoy mine in 9mm
>>
File: image.jpg (441 KB, 1600x1139) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
441 KB, 1600x1139
I would like too get one but a little strapped for cash atm and if I was gonna buy another gun(more than the .357 I bought recently) I got my eyes on other things.

Anyway too my point, pretty great gun for its purpose, not the funniest too shot but not really a range toy anyway. Other than almost twice the weight I would go with and rather buy the Ruger SP 101. But the LCR is better for barely notice you have it on you carry.

I got one and love it is a S&W model 49(think model 36 Chief special but with a concealed shrouded hammer), can still cock it back but won't get snagged on anything. Also getting a Colt detective special but it's not in yet.

For the LCR, I say get it but have some speed loaders and maybe have it as a backup pocket or ankle gun too a main carry. I still say get it though.
>>
>>29191287
There's no such thing as too many rounds.
Dad decided to start carrying at work. He owns a motorcycle shop, has done work for some Angels and drug dealers and shit. Just in case he pisses the wrong person off, he wants to be ready. I told him to get a semi-auto with a higher mag cap in case more than one person comes to attack.
Point is, there could be more than one anon. And even if there is only one, I'd rather have a shit ton of ammo to deal with them. Accuracy decreases under stress.
>>
>>29191219
Muh reloads.
Muh Simple mechanism.
Muh 38spl.
Muh Capacity.

Seriously why.
Modern primers don't fail, and if they do its a fault in the gun not the load, just don't buy a Taurus.
>>
>>29191219
>1986+30
>Still thinking you should carry a revolver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlSCE88UhyA
>>
>>29191219

I own one and its my only CCW

Its a great little gun, perfect for pocket carry. Recoil is a little snabby but it shoots like a dream compared to scandium framed pocket guns. I usually put 50-100 rounds through it at the range and it dosent wear my hands out like an airweight S&W.

If you are looking for a snubnose to carry its probably the best option on the market today. There is a decent aftermarket too
>>
>>29191219
>implicity. I want a simple mechanism. If a cartridge fails to fire, I want to pull the trigger again and go bang. And I don't want ejection failures. I want as few failures as possible when I need it to work.

short recoil is less mechanically complex, if your semi automatic doesnt go bang, rack and slap. if your wheel gun doesnt go bang, then you have to send it to a gunsmith. the "revolver is more reliable than a semiauto" meme needs to end.

if you want a simple mechanism thats reliable, a blowback operated gun is the best choice.

my hipoint c9 will eat any brass cased ammunition and can hold more rounds than a wheel gun and if it fails, i just rack and slap. also it being blowback, its more mechanically simple.

however, a wheel gun is a good choice if you want to shoot a larger caliber like .357 mag, .44 mag, etc.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.