[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so over the past year or 2 there has been a small rabbit plague
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: gamo big cat 4 5mm.jpg (13 KB, 650x258) Image search: [Google]
gamo big cat 4 5mm.jpg
13 KB, 650x258
so over the past year or 2 there has been a small rabbit plague in our neighbourhoud. my neighbour has gotten himself an 4.5mm air rifle and i was thinking of doing the same, i got my eyes on the gamo big cat 4.5mm with the 4x32 scope because its realativly cheap and has gotten good reviews. does /k/ have any good air rifle tips for me keep in mind im in the netherlands so a proper hunting rifle is nearly impossible for me to get
>>
File: P1030311.jpg (588 KB, 1334x872) Image search: [Google]
P1030311.jpg
588 KB, 1334x872
>>29184010
Just my preference, but I'd just get an air rifle with nice iron sights like a high speed gamo whisper and forget the scope even exists. Also, I'd get one that's silenced no matter what.
If you want a quieter gun and more power, also look into heavier pellets as it will drag down your velocity significantly and make it quieter yet. But those usually aren't the hunting flavors of pellets in those weights. And those penetrate more too from what I've seen, which could be a problem.
If you are hunting specifically, I wouldn't be opposed to buying expensive pellets like predator polymags or red fires either.
Polymags are more accurate from my gun and both poly tipped types have a ballstic coefficient around double that of other common pellets so they shoot flat and don't lose speed to the air as quickly.
>>
>>29184079
i recently found this old rusty diana 45 in the barn
with the base iron sights and some regular cone tipped hunting pellets would that do the job for the rabbits?
its quite an old rife and needs some patching up to do but it still works
>>
>>29184149
>with the base iron sights and some regular cone tipped hunting pellets would that do the job for the rabbits?
Just set up some paper in a shed or something and see if the sights are on. Adjust them till they are, and shoot quite a few shots to clean any rust out of the barrel and smooth things out internally since it's rusted a bit.
It should kill a rabbit fine.
Crosman destroyers are a good pellet choice for something a little middle-ground speeds like that. They expand even at lower speeds than your diana 45.
>>
>>29184194
great thanks for the tips will do
>>
>>29184010
shooting them is fine and all, but if you want to eradicate them you need to set snares, snares everywhere.

Go get yourself 1000ft of wire and set up as many rabbit snares as your fingers can stand.
>>
>>29184010
You kill bunnies?
B..But..bunbuns are cute. :'(
>>
>>29184218
unless there are 50 of them on one acre and increasing
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>29184218
>>
i've heard from a gun shop owner that air rifles fuck up the zero of every scope mounted on it every time you fire it , and that he knew that because he tried for 25 years to zero air rifle scopes again and again.

but it could be total bullshit since he looked like betamax the fuddmaster. a very bitter man.
>>
>>29184293
i meant break action air rifles, sorry
>>
>>29184293
Many rifle scopes are not designed to handle the recoil pattern of an air rifle.

Tl:dr -he mounted the wrong kind of scope and got assblasted when he ruined an expensive optic through no fault but his own
>>
>>29184286
You MONSTER!
I'll find out where you live, and KILL YOU.

Those look like clean shots, though. Nice. Was it an airgun or a .22?
>>
>>29184319
well i'm really happy i didn't bought anything from him then
>>
You don't have to go nuts with rifles & scopes, man. For small shit like squirrels & rabits, I use a crosman 1377 with Gamo "Raptor" .177 pellets; they're gold plated & won't fuck up your barrel. It's a fun little gun, & cheap as shit to get, feed, AND mod with amazing results if you get into it. I got my first one as a kid, & haven't stopped fucking with it yet.
>>
>>29184338
No clue , not my picturefriend
>>
Anyone got tips for a Britfag on how to get shooting rights on people's land? Any particular way to approach the matter?
>>
>>29184319
shit, really? could be why i suddenly have trouble hitting anything with my hatsan 125
>>
>>29184438
the thing is im a shit shot and with the diana 45 i cant hit shit so i thought a scope would help me hitting the buggers
>>
File: Pheasant.jpg (854 KB, 1632x916) Image search: [Google]
Pheasant.jpg
854 KB, 1632x916
Hello from bong land.
>>
File: 289364293.jpg (125 KB, 900x505) Image search: [Google]
289364293.jpg
125 KB, 900x505
>>29184462
All the info you need
http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/77147-Getting-Hunting-Permission-Hints-amp-Tips
>>
>>29184293
This is bullshit. I have litteraly the cheapest scope on my cheap break barrel and it holds zero fine. Because it is an air rifle scope!!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.