[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this whole "every marine a rifleman" and "first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 468x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 468x356
I know this whole "every marine a rifleman" and "first to fight" shit is all marketing and memery but why is it that every time an army unit trains alongside a marine unit you see a bunch of fit men in tailored uniforms alongside a bunch of fat fucks in garbage bag uniforms?
>>
Because the majority of non POG Marines joined specifically because they are mentally damaged individuals, who grew up in broken homes, who want to go to war and hurt things. We take our military service very seriously. As it should be in any combat unit.

Many army grunts are legit welfare queens, and they don't even require a high school diploma. Not to say there arent some 1337 11x operators, but ij all honesty, a lot of them are bums.
>>
>>29145281
Just now realized that staff sergeant is boot as fuck.

>every Marine a rifleman
>marketing

Not really. EVERY Marine is legit taught how to utilize a rifle plus gets combat training. Now whether the individual takes their training seriously is up to them.

>first to fight
This refers to how we're first in when it comes to conventional warfare. One of the Marine Corps missions is to act as a shock troop, while the Army comes in after to hold it. Again this is referring to the services' standard infantry.
>>
>>29146423
Rangers lead the way.
Despite thier insecure bragging, marines don't do much of anything but shwack civilians and catch bullets.
>>
>>29146443
Do you not into reading comprehension?

Rangers are a part of SOF ya dingus. I could just as easily add Raiders, SEALs, SF, etc. to the list.
>>
>>29145281
Are the Marines supposed to be the fit men in tailored uniforms in your situation?
>>
>>29146462
someone read the pamphlet
>>
>>29146443
Marines were the primary engaging force in the invasion of Iraq
>>
>>29145281

who tailors combat uniforms?
>>
>>29146423
>EVERY Marine is legit taught how to utilize a rifle
Wait, do you mean there are parts of the US armed forces that don't recieve rifle training ?
>>
>>29146668

the Navy and some AF officers. plus chaplains and doctors and nurses.
>>
>>29146668
He wasnt very clear.

As >>29146723 stated, there are indeed very few people in the US military, who dont know how to operate a rifle.

The whole "every Marine a rifleman" comes from something different:

In the Army you receive your basic training so you dont walk around in the woods like a tourist, ok? But then, if you are in for a non-grunt-MOS, you never have to deal with infantry stuff again.

A tanker for example. His infantry knowledge aint more than what he learned during basic.

Only the real 11Bs receive advanced infantry training.

The marines on the other hand spend much more time teaching advanced infantry training to virtually EVERYONE no matter what he'll be doing later in the Corps.

This is because since the beginning the Marines were a comparatively small force. If they had losses, there had to be enough men with exact knowledge what to do.

Thanks to this philosophy a downed Harrier pilot for example would be able to lead a Platoon of grunts in infantry combat. Maybe not as perfekt as a real 0311 Lieutenant but lightyears better than a Navy or AF pilot.

Or a Marine cook for example: If the need arises, he would be able to fulfil the role of a squad machinegunner without any problems

Well, thats at least the theory.
>>
>>29146499
I didn't get who was who either, its kind of ambiguous
>>
>>29146723
Navy you learn how to shoot M4/M16 and M11/M9 and re-qualify every year/deployment workup, whichever comes first.
At least occifers do.
>>
File: image[1].jpg (247 KB, 804x533) Image search: [Google]
image[1].jpg
247 KB, 804x533
>>29145281
Army soldiers who are in infantry units are also typically physically fit and care about their appearance. POGs in the army, unlike the USMC, don't even go to the same basic training as infantrymen. Unlike the Marines, they aren't coddled and told "everyone is a rifleman first". It's a mentality thing, man. POGs in the army know they're shit so they just sit around, play video games, and get fat. The infantry really doesn't.
>>
>>29147880
Regular enlisted sailors do not train with rifles. They train with pistols and shotguns.

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/navy-weapons-qualification-course.html

>during Navy basic training, you won't get to fire the M-16 rifle.Instead, you qualify with the M-9 pistol and the Mossberg 500 shotgun.
>>
>>29147963
That's still pretty cool though
>>
>>29146723
>>29146668
USAF enlisted here, we had to carry around a trainer M16A2 for about 5 weeks of BMT, learn how to disassemble and clean it (some people never really got it). At BEAST week we had CATM and learned to shoot, ie had a 3 hour class on how to not kill yourself accidentally and then we shot. In total I think we shot 60 times; 12 rounds to sight the rifle in (some people it did nothing b/c their "groupings" were bigger than the target), then 24 shots in a practice test, then 24 shots for the actual marksman test
>tfw 24/24
>tfw marksman ribbon
>tfw some people didn't even get 10
>at 25 yards
>with a 20in full size rifle

Well, at least my time in basic inspired me to build an A2 clone...

No pistol training whatsoever though, only security forces received that during their tech school. I wouldn't trust any of the chucklefucks I went to BMT with to have a pistol at any time though so not a bad plan.
>>
>>29145281

>every marine a rifleman

Wew lad.

I was an 0311 and sorry 28 days of MCT does not a rifleman make. Yeah, more training than the Army provides.

But then our pogs go and drive a desk, fix on vehicles, or whatever their MOS is. Probably won't even see a rifle again until it's time to requall.

Active duty grunts live and breathe training to do our job. Like spending time with family? Monday till Thursday your ass is most likely in the field training. You get your weekends tho.

If you weren't in the field probably a nice long company or battalion hike on Friday and your ass is broken for 24 hours. I've even been too tired to drink after some of them, well OK I drank some.

Most Army Infantry is in shape, at least Airborne. Also, don't get me wrong I'm not some boot who is talking trash on pogs. Just cut it out with the boot camp "I'm a rifleman" shit. Unless your dd214 says it under MOS.
>>
>>29146539
Nazis did, Hugo Boss all the way
>>
>>29148025
Not really, I asked my buddy how Navy weapons training was. He said for the shotguns you fire two rounds, just so you know what the recoil feels like. If the sailor is too scared to shoot on their own, an instructor stands behind them and pulls the trigger for him.

Even if you score a 0 on the pistol re qualification, they'll still pass you because Sailors in the past have tried to intentionally fail to avoid having to do ship/pier guard duty. Buddy of mine watched a female sailor miss a human silhouette target 25ft away. Couldn't hit the cardboard with a single round, they still passed her.
>>
>>29148432
Navy weapons "qual" is weak shit, bro. They hold the shotgun for you, yes. The fleet, like most places, is where you'll do actual shit. That's why I'm glad, as a Corpsman with Marines, you get to shoot as much as they do. Grunts shoot alot, POG units, eh. Probably just a requal.
>>
seriously, infantry tactics for POGs only in basic, plus handling firearms only to requal once a year? And these are the same guys who shit on Finnish Defence Forces over how short the mandatory service is in Finland & how it's not enough to train anyone? I was a POG (now I am technically a grunt), would spend every other week of my service in field exercises, and on field we literally wouldn't even go to take a shit without our rifles, I don't remember how much we got to shoot live ammo, but it was plenty. We'd also practice infantry tactics on every single exercise.
>>
can you post some pictures as an example?
>>
File: tumblr_lrudxmmglk1r3q5p8o2_400.jpg (25 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lrudxmmglk1r3q5p8o2_400.jpg
25 KB, 400x299
>>29149750
>>
>>29148590
Americans have a view that only America is capable of training infantrymen mate
You learn to ignore it
>>
>>29148590
You have to consider the size difference, the us army doesn't need to train anyone but infantry as infantry because its inefficient

The only reason to train pogs as infantry is if your military is constantly going to be the weaker force in danger of being overrun. The Marines do extra for bragging rights more than anything.
>>
>>29149808
Lmao wat
>>
>>29148103
Second'd
>>
>>29146462
>raiders

Lol no

You couldnt
>>
File: Army Fat.jpg (46 KB, 604x467) Image search: [Google]
Army Fat.jpg
46 KB, 604x467
>>
>>29148523
youre a greenside corpsman? you like it? whats it like? if my commission doesnt work out im just gonna enlist as one
>7 hours ago
fuck
>>
>>29148087
OTS was M9 only.

one fucker only had three hits on target when the fucker with the red hat took his pistol, went "wonder if this works right?" then put 2 in the body and 1 in the head.

he didn't commission. on the other hand, he's making 6 figures.
>>
>>29151394
what are you trying to say
>>
>>29146539
You can get ACU's tailored for a better fit. I like the baggy acus because i freeball but i know a soldier who does
>>
>>29148103
Confirmed. I'm a Marine POG. The only time I use a rifle is annual qual. Or when I deploy, even then it's just on a sling, never even pointed it at anything. Just an annoyance while I try to fix CH-53's.
>>
>>29147925
It's like you've never met a US soldier.

There can be gross looking infantry, they have shitty boot haircuts.

POGs have more time to take care of their body so you might find POGs with 300 pt scores. POGs can actually go through infantry basic at benning, just not the osut portion.

Also, we are told that we are soldiers first. most people don't care though.
>>
>>29146668
USCG and Navy only qual on a pistol unless it;s part of their rating.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.