[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can ISIS actually pose a threat to the Taliban?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
So, for the past few months The Islamic State and the Taliban have been warring against each other in East-Afghanistan. They've officially declared war on each other. Can ISIS actually pose a threat to the Taliban though? They're mainly contained in Syria and Iraq, and not just because they're literally surrounded on all sides by sworn enemies (many if not most of which are other extremist groups, it would be ironic if ISIS didn't literally declare war on the whole world, including other terrorists).

Not only do The Taliban have the home advantage, I can't see ISIS being able to mount any sort of meaningful, or even large assault anywhere in Afghanistan. Can they even do anything other than send random, loosely-organized bands of people in that general direction?
>>
>ISIS
>go on a massive scale ethnic cleasing in the Middle East
>purge political and religious oppositing
>take villages but end up blowing everything up when based kurds push them back
>like to pretend they ''build'' but all they do is destroy and anihilate

>Talibans/al-Quaeda/al-Nusra
>shoot and blow up schools, hotels and hospitals regardless of peoples' religion or ethnicities
>were once considered ''god freedom fighters'' for fighing back the Soviets

This can't end good.
>>
I wonder if deadliest warrior will cover this one
>>
>>28650978
My thoughts exactly. You know they don't give a shit about civilian casualties (actually, they do. They give all the shits, because they think that they're doing a good thing when they kill innocent civilians).
>>
>>28650996
If it's still around a decade or two after the smoke clears and the dust settles, probably. And then there'll be some sort of (pretty warranted imo) outrage that'll die down the second everybody realizes that they're just doing it to try and get people to talk about their irrelevant show.

I just can't wait for Michael Bay to make a movie about a bunch of Taliban fighting off wave after wave of ISIS fighters in some blown out hotel building or something.
>>
You know, both suck, but if I get to pick the local mudslime bully gimme the Taliban for dat nostalgia any day of the week. ISIS is a bunch of little pissant faggots with autism so crippling they can't even get along with other fucking Muslims. The same is true of the Taliban to a certain extent however. Both are troglodytes comprised of the dredges of humankind, but

>The Taliban doesn't seem bent on world domination, and keeps to themselves in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Pashtun nation/caliphate is their end goal
>Dat freedom fighter beginnings
>Dem stinger missiles still kicking around since the 1980's
>>
Never happen, it helps if you think of afgans in general as a more extreme version of mountain men. they just want you fuck right off so they can go back to growing their opium, herding their sheep, beating their wives and feuding with anyone within walking distance.
>>
>>28651201
>he dindu nuffin, he was goin to the opium fields and gettin his life back together
>jus lass week he gave miss Muhammad 2 black eyes, their son is gonna grow up so great
>we need mo money fo dem

What kind of programs do Afgandunuffins want mo money fo
>>
>>28651199
Oh yeah, they're both fucking awful in their own rights. But the Taliban's basically just Muslim Hill Billy's and Rednecks, all things considered. Their philosophy is literally just "Leave us the fuck alone, and we'll leave you all the fuck alone". Still bad, but they have no want whatsoever for world domination, or anything outside of Afghanistan's borders really.
>>
>>28651201
Literally exactly how I see them. If you replace Islam with Christianity, make Afghani peoples paler and give them farmer tans; you end up with something that looks uncannily American.
>>
Who has the sickest execution vĂ­deo, Gulf Cartel or ISIS
>>
>>28651288
>I am a Europoor look at me

The post
>>
>>28651289
I'm inclined to say Cartel Del Gulfo. From what I've seen, the religious extremists tend to be more about telling a long winded speech or two before killing someone, and when they do it it's over in seconds. The cartels are all about show and tell though. They don't do much talking, they just let the torture relay everything.
>>
>>28651320
Actually, I'm a U.S. citizen. Not white though.
>>
>>28651361
(You)

Look at you!
>>
>>28651380
My bad.
>>
>>28651288
Bull shit my friend.
>>
>>28651410
I definitely over-simplified it, but I still stand by hat comment. I'm more than open to and willing to hear why that's not the case in you opinion though.
>>
>>28650906
I thought they were similar enough to be indistinguishable from one another.

And they operate in different AOs so they really dont have a chance of running into each other.

I would think if anything that they would join forces
>>
>>28651717
I bet you think Islam is some amorphous blob witjout any internal diffrerences or rifts too.
>>
>>28651433
Americans don't declare war on other americans and generally respect basic human rights?
>>
>>28651754
>what is the Superbowl
>>
>>28651717
Not even kind of. The only thing they have in common is that they both call themselves "Islamic".

>ISIS want the world/Taliban want Afghanistan and literally nothing else

>ISIS has literally declared war on the world, including all other extremist groups. Because they're a death cult and if you're not like them you deserve death.

>They've already fought. Just skirmishes, and The Taliban's basically winning.
>>
File: Q06RZBg.jpg (105 KB, 358x657) Image search: [Google]
Q06RZBg.jpg
105 KB, 358x657
>>28651754
I agree, but my comment was basically "make these changes, and keep everything else the same, and you have same situation with a different religion and slightly less melanin.", basically.

Let me put it this way. If you kept everything else about the M.E. the same (regional instability brought on by foreign invaders, for example), but replaced Islam with Christianity; instead of Sunni's warring against Shia's and vice-versa, it'd be Protestants warring against Catholics, and vice-versa.
>>
>>28651288
>If you replace Islam with Christianity, make Afghani peoples paler and give them farmer tans; you end up with something that looks uncannily American.

WOW, this is some next-level autism.

I'm literally reeling. Consider suicide, anon.
>>
>>28650906
Given that they've been fighting the Taliban have come out on top so far. You have to understand a big reason why the Taliban appeal to so many in Afghanistan is that they play the Pashtun card, and most Afghans are Pashtun. They're not going to care much for outsiders like ISIS.
>>
>>28651882
Sincerely sorry if I offended you, that wasn't my intent in the slightest. It's just my opinion.

Also, I'm not sure if this will make anything better or worse; but just to clarify regardless, I'm not an atheist, I'm agnostic.

Again, no offense was meant.
>>
>>28650906
My money on the 2018 fight of the year is on ISIS beating the Taliban.

I'll be taking bets now.
>>
>>28651900
The ethnic relation to people in Afghanistan definitely goes well with their hyper-conservative, nationalist philosophy.
>>
>>28651872
Soo... Ireland?
>>
>>28651943
dang, you're right. i'm sure the 1/16 part irish on /k/ will be happy to hear that.
>>
>>28651979
>Muh heritage
>>28651257
You aren't super wrong, assuming you ignore all the city Afghaniggers and imagine only the mountain villagers, and if it wasn't for the Islam, and if the Taliban don't hold everlasting emnity against former soldiers, I'd consider a certain little village in the foothills as a fall back spot for when the USA becomes insufferably bad, but who am I kidding, they are going to hold on to that hate for at least a generation, and I refuse to live under Islam.

But mountain folk the world around have distinct cultural similarities deriving from similar pressures (hard life, poverty, isolation, etc), and America is hugely influenced by mountain men from the Appalachia, Arkansas, and the Rockies.

But Islam is very fatalistic, and it's that fatalism that colors even the Afghanis that live in the mountains in a way that is antithetical to the American Spirit. The fatalism is also why they are dogshit in a firefight, when whether you live or die depends 100% on inshallah, and 0% on your own skill, you tend to let things happen, and that's definitely not the American way.
>>
File: 1453388049933.jpg (97 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1453388049933.jpg
97 KB, 490x490
>>28651919
Shit nigger, 2 empires and a coalition of Western nations couldn't take down the Taliban. What makes you think the geopolitical equivalent of /r9k/ will be able to take them down?
>>
ISIS : Israeli intelligence force

Taliban: Saudi proxy army

The way the economy is going my shekels beat the oil standard
>>
File: 1453350494032.jpg (45 KB, 480x220) Image search: [Google]
1453350494032.jpg
45 KB, 480x220
>>28652242
>geopolitical equivalent of /r9k/
>>
File: 1444010146102.png (704 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1444010146102.png
704 KB, 720x1280
>>28652242

> geopolitical equivalent of /r9k/
>>
>>28651911

You basically said that the only country on the planet that makes any concerted, actual effort to improve these shithole on a large scale is full of crazy death-cult zealots.

Say what you want about Americans sticking their nose in business that's not theirs, or about how Americans actually go about intervention, but goddammit they are the only ones that try, and they have nothing but the best intentions most of the time. So fuck you and your stupid, autistic bullshit.
>>
>>28650906
>Terrorists infighting
It's like the joke where the dindu and the cartel spic are having a contest to see who can fall from the top of the Empire State Building to the street the fastest. No matter who loses, society wins.
>>
File: 22269625.gif (536 KB, 126x101) Image search: [Google]
22269625.gif
536 KB, 126x101
>>28652242
>>
>>28651754
>generally respect basic human rights?
No, you guys do not respect the freedom or dignity of other peoples atl all.
>>
>>28650906
The Taliban would rek ISIS.
>>
File: 704.jpg (34 KB, 680x334) Image search: [Google]
704.jpg
34 KB, 680x334
>>28652242
ISIS is a sexual insecurity movement, any body who actually thinks they care about religion must be retarded.
>>
>>28652435
I am American. And there's more than a few openly religious zealots in this country. People who wish North America was destabilized enough for them to start or join "The Christian State" or any other Westernized versions eastern religious extremists. Obviously these people are (thankfully) few and far between at this point, but that doesn't even kind of change the fact that evangelicals, biblical "literalists", anybody waiting on and/or wanting for the apocalypse to happen, etc-etc are some of the most dangerous people in North America.

All the Abrahamic religions (in this case, specifically the big two) have much and more in common than anybody (especially the people who adhere to them) would like to admit.
>>
>>28652926

This.

Also, I'm actually thinking of returning to AFG and helping them. Then re-engage ISIS in Kurdistan, after Ukraine of course...if its still hot when I get there : \
>>
>>28652915
Neither of you are really right or wrong. Like vast majority of things in life, it's not Black and White.
>>
>>28651754
If you take a look at the reconstruction era south, or early 20th century America in general, I think he would have a good point what with the lynchings and Ku Klux Klan.
>>
File: 91k+2h23dbL.jpg (538 KB, 1400x2100) Image search: [Google]
91k+2h23dbL.jpg
538 KB, 1400x2100
>>28653041
And in more recent history, we've committed what can only be described as acts of terror abroad; like the invasion of Vietnam.
>>
>>28652953
If you want to fight IS don't go to Iraq or Syria, they have had enough war. Go to Saudi Arabia or Qatar.
>>
now that osama is gone, do Americans really have much of a reason to hate the Taliban? Or do they still hate them for old times sake?
>>
>>28653242
They're still more terrorists than they are anything else.
>>
>>28652435
>Say what you want about Americans sticking their nose in business that's not theirs, or about how Americans actually go about intervention, but goddammit they are the only ones that try, and they have nothing but the best intentions most of the time.

Americuck the post.

I bet you think that you fight for the benefit not harm of democratic institutions across the world, yeah? That you're making the world safer by bombing ragheads and their kids?

The US gov supports whomever makes them stronger or richer, not for the general benefit of the world, the citizens of the US or democratic ideals.
>>
>>28653242
It's one of those "We fight you because you fight us, and you fight us because we fight you" situations, which is pretty much par for the course in the region, except usually it's two factions of locals and not a foreign empire paying $100 a liter to fly in jet fuel.

Really, if they weren't so shitty about women, I would have no qualms about giving them the country back. They'd probably even call us the winner for sufficient pretty goats.
>>
>>28653769
>Give them the country back

You know most of them are pakis right?
>>
File: 1453518213426.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1453518213426.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>28652242
>geopolitical equivalent of /r9k/
>>
>>28653785
You know that the border there means nothing? They are the mountain tribesmen, and when we made it too hot for them, they mostly went to Pakistan, and now that the heat is lower, they are coming back.

Besides, it's not like the cityniggers could ever overcome the mountain men.

The Northern Alliance is about half Taliban these days too.
>>
>>28651253
Wells
>>
>>28653845
The Northern Alliance doesn't exist anymore though lad, they became the government.
>>
>>28652435
You are why America is just the shedding of the great serpent we once were.
>>
>>28650906
>Can they even do anything other than send random, loosely-organized bands of people in that general direction?

Anon, you do realize that ISIS in Afghanistan consists entirely of taliban defectors, right?

The taliban aren't at risk of some outside invasion. They're at risk of mass defections to ISIS, especially after it turned out that Mullah Omar had been dead for 2 years and the new mullah (Akhtar Mansour) doesn't exactly inspire the same devotion or confidence in general.
>>
>taliban
>years of experience in guerilla fight
>expelled ussr of afghanistan, basically.
>10 years into afghanistan and US still cant completelly mop them up
>isis
>just shoot up a bunch of civilian and bad trained shitskin "soldiers".
gee i wonder which one could win
>>
>>28654586
I knew they had some defectors, didn't know it was almost only defectors that they were fighting, though. Makes more sense than sending fighters over there at this point actually.
>>
>>28652242
Oh my poor sides. Bravo, best analysis of IS to date!
>>
>>28651199
Pretty much any stinger they would have would be useless, the battery life on the launcher is only like 15 years or something.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.