[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw realizing the amount of bennies milfags get Seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 396x385
>mfw realizing the amount of bennies milfags get

Seriously never want to hear about poor military pay again
>>
Sure sucks living off of military pay.
>>
>>28623210
I'm just a married E-4 and I made $44000 this year total, including housing and meal pay. That's not really that bad, and especially considering my wife is working too. Military pay is pretty shit, but it's not nearly as bad as some make it out to be.

The real problem is that military people are "poor minded". They buy cars that are priced out of their means, buy a cell phone that is too expensive, blow their money on dumb shit, etc.

I'm one of these people, but I still have about $500 out of every $1020 paycheck left to blow on whatever I want. Most of it goes to gun stuff.
>>
>>28623210
>I don't know what I'm talking about again
>>
>>28623210
Gee whiz, it must suck having the tax payers pay for any and all medical problems for the rest of your life, getting free license plates, and getting free money FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE AT THE TAX PAYER'S EXPENSE

IT MUST SUCK BEING YOU

Makes me wonder how much of the defense budget is just going towards paying for retirement funds, and how many of those retirement funds belong to people in combat roles.
>>
>>28623210
Agreed anon. Unless you're completely retarded with finances or having a money-sucking whore of a dependent, military pay is awesome for a guy without a degree is great. As an E-3 I had a cellphone bill and a Netflix subscription. I was able to max out my (admittedly small) TSP contribution and still put $1100 into the bank every month living in the barracks.

You don't need a car as a JEW, and you sure as shit don't need to be blowing 200 dollars a weekend partying.
>>
>>28623361
I hate having to go to the hospital on base, since there are a shit ton of cases of malpractice but I can't sue them or anything if they fuck up and paralyze me or a famity member. Shit actually sucks
>>
>>28623422
My cousin actually has cerebral palsy due to malpractice, and there was shit all my aunt and uncle could do because it was a birth on base.

But, all in all, I do see what he's saying. The healthcare problem is so prevalent that fucker Obama rode the MUH FREE HEALTHCARE wave to two terms in office, and these people have the gall to complain about pay?

For fuck's sake, learn how to save and quit bitching. It's not like anyone will ever try to lower your pay or take your (many) benefits away, because the opposing political party would go straight for the throat because you just did something wrong to Muh Troops, Muhfugga
>>
File: 1301564092580.jpg (10 KB, 100x137) Image search: [Google]
1301564092580.jpg
10 KB, 100x137
>tfw no more hood rich deployment pay PFCs
>no more new year corvettes, BMWs, and Fords parked outside barracks
>no more 19yo joes with 22+ yo stripper fiances named "Chanel" or "Bubbles"
>no more watching recently home E4s get DUIs driving 17mph
truly the end of a great era.
>>
>>28623329
>>28623234

Do you faggots honestly think COLA, BAH, or the food stipend isn't enough?
A hs dropout can hit e-5 and make 50k
>>
>>28623210
>>28623402
>Unless you're completely retarded with finances
Found the issue. They don't have any idea of what to do with money or what it's worth and aren't given great guidance either.
>>
>>28623652

I thought the military had a mandatory savings plan or something
>>
>>28623719
The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) is VERY strongly encouraged. Not mandatory though.
>>
Thing about enlisted is you'll never be "poor", but you won't be rich either. Being single helped out during deployments. I'd put my shit in storage, put my cell and car insurance on hold, and pocket all my pay while I'm gone. Do this 3 times and you can build up nice rainy day fund
>>
File: kill me.gif (2 MB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
kill me.gif
2 MB, 225x225
>>28623210
>Base pay 2238$
>BAS 367.92$
>BAH 8.10$
>COLA 294.25$
>Flight Pay 165$

Big bad gubberment takes ~480$

>No car
>Only internet and phone bills

>MFW I'm stationed in a cuck state and live in the barracks so no funs allowed
>>
>>28623402
>a money-sucking whore of a dependent

They shouldn't allow people in the service to get married or have kids until they're 25.
>>
>>28623983
You could keep firearms at the armory, but then you have to worry about some mp fucking with your stuff which I guess happens all too often
>>
>>28624051
Good advise for most people actually
>>
>>28624059
Yeah, I just keep them back home. If the Army wasn't run by a bunch of pussies, my barracks room would BE an armory.
>>
>>28624089
They did a sweep of the dorms one day at my base looking for contraband, mostly stupid shit like candles and hotplates. One security forces guy in the same hall as me stole some grenades from work and was keeping them in his room.
>>
File: 1453325609455.jpg (30 KB, 578x472) Image search: [Google]
1453325609455.jpg
30 KB, 578x472
>>28623361
>Mfw i get all of this pkus 3k a year for life
>>
>>28624059
>>28624089
>want to join coast guard but keep putting it off
>worried about my guns
>worried about being stationed in new jersey of all places

Why do married people get to have off base housing? Shits not fair man
>>
>>28623234
mil pay only sucks when you blow your money at a used car dealership getting a 2010 mustand with 25% interest then spend the rest of your money at the purple church or rusty spur in oceanside.
>>
>>28623983
Dat flight pay doe.

This is why I want to spam the fuck out of every "enlistment general" thread. Single Joes make around $480 month extra just for being on flight status, as opposed to your otherwise normal unmarried grunt. Despite this, people buy tons of dumb shit and figure out ways to make themselves broke anyways. It's funny that same way watching a trainwreck is funny.

>spoiler alert: Most of that money comes from not having your BAS deducted.
>>
>>28624204
Don't have to be married to live off base. Depending on you branch/base policies and room availability. Friends of mine got off base after 6 months, I had to spend 3 years in the dorms. But eventually you'll get off base, just keep your guns at home or an offbase friends place til then
>>
>>28624269

>Dorms
>Airforce
>Yeah guys, getting off post is easy!
>>
>>28623210
What "bennies" are they exactly?
>>
>>28624269
Sorta unrelated question but is there any reputable public storage companies that welcome firearms or even ammo you know of?
>>
>>28624358
Kept my shit at an indoor climate controlled storage unit. Firearms and ammo weren't an issue
>>
>>28623529
you need a hs diploma to even join
>>
>>28624321
Thats why i mentioned differing branch and base policies. Seeing as the person asking the question is considering joining the coast guard, its probably more relatable than the army
>>
>>28624264
Yup, getting on seprats is definitely where the majority of the extra money comes from, you get a bump up in COLA (If you're in a 3rd world shithole like Hawaii or Germany) and BAS.
>>
>>28624441
Yeah, our barracks are at capacity and single E5s can't even get off post housing. I've heard talk of them getting single E6s to move BACK IN.
>>
>>28624501
E6's back in? That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard of. Our policy is E4 with three years on station tops. If you fuck up and lose rank you'll be there longer.
>>
>>28624614
Yeah, that's Hawaii's brand of retarded for you.
>>
>>28623210

Most of those things are pretty standard for any job above the poverty line.

I'm not .mil but I've got a pension, life insurance, health, dental, optical, per diem, and a company car.

Just stop being poor.
>>
>>28623361
Where do I go for free plates?
>>
>>28624631
Because BAH is through the roof?
>>
>>28624734
It has to be. But at the time we're barely eeking by in the barracks. There isn't any room for the new people coming in.
>>
The real personnel costs is that the military is one of the biggest AA employers

Too many retards, shitskins, and women that don't do anything productive.
Endless billions pissed down the hole.
>>
>>28624763
Our military actually keeps shit together because the lower echelons are incredibly competent. It's the brass that acts like entitled retards.
>>
File: B-1B-Lancer-117.jpg (77 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
B-1B-Lancer-117.jpg
77 KB, 500x334
>>28624757
Least your in fucking Hawaii, better than south dakota minus the gun laws
>>
>>28623529
>COLA
virtually no one gets that anymore outside of specific circumstances
>BAH
better be married, a SNCO, an officer, or activated reserves serving away from home for that one.
>food stipend
gets automaticaly take back out of your paycheck and given to the company that runs the chow hall, if you live on base. Otherwise it's about $350 if you are actually drawing BAH.
>>
>>28624909
See
>>28623983
I'm an E-4 on separate rations.
>>
File: 2013-09-17 13.03.40.jpg (554 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
2013-09-17 13.03.40.jpg
554 KB, 2560x1440
>>28624631

K B A Y ?
B
A
Y
?
>>
>>28623210
>impressed by poverty level benefits

come on seriously?
>>
>>28624954
grats, you're also a big exception to what I outlined. Not saying no one gets those things, it's just a rarity as the majority of duty assignments across all branches don't rate them and won't get them.
>>
File: IMG_20130615_162533_888.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130615_162533_888.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>28625011
Nope
>>
>>28624332
An Australian rock band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2AEykBXf6w
>>
>>28625239

Good. That place a poop anyway.

That range in the pic is GOAT tho. Wish they would have had open range days more often.
>>
>>28624081
Yeah, though with most people I'd say 30. You have time to get established in life, at least get a little money saved and figure out what you want to do and at least make some progress towards it... and get a little life experience that makes you more able to spot what you want long term vs what you want tonight, which can be a huge difference when it comes to getting married. Believe me!
>>
>>28624665
>pension, life insurance, health, dental, optical, per diem, and a company car.

What do you do? I'm in healthcare and I've got the pension, health/dental/optical, but not the rest of it...Don't really care about the life insurance because I'm single with no kids.

A friend of mine recently got offered a job as a manufacturer's rep for a pacemaker company. Basically, it entails helping the cardiologist choose the right model pacemaker for a patient, and helping them program it properly in surgery (you just work a laptop, you're not cutting anyone or sticking your fingers in them or anything--that's the doc's job, though you are in the OR at the time). Pays about $150k/year, the area covered means a max of an hour's commute to the surgery location. Requirement is a bachelor's degree, though they don't care what it's in. They train you for about a year before turning you loose with the docs. It sounds pretty awesome, though I think the big downside is having to work with cardiologists. in medicine, those guys have the biggest egos and senses of entitlement I've ever seen. Lot's of other surgeons are bro-tier if you show a little respect, but THOSE guys are often just flat-out jackasses.
>>
>>28625439
I wish the Army ranges were that nice... That go out to 300?
>>
>>28625860

Yeah, If i remember correctly.

The only thing that was shitty was that like half of the targets wouldn't go down when you hit them.

That's the unknown distance range. The old KD range there is garbage so we qual'd Table 1 and 2 at Poolua or wherever the fuck that place was like 45 mins away.
>>
>>28626088
>Targets wouldn't go down
Sounds about right.

I don't know anything about Kbay though.
>>
>>28623324
I'm in the same boat, but I only put aside about 300 a month for gun stuff.
>>
>>28623324
/thread
>>
>>28623361
>medical for life
Only for injuries sustained while in service and only for that specific injury. If you get out without injuries then you get covered for 5 years but it isn't free. Some small co-pay or some shit. I have it, it's okay.

>free licence plates
Where? I'd like to know.

>free money
For retirees. You also get it just by being a federal employee though there is a difference as to when you can start drawing it if you are active duty for 20 years.

>>28623652
>poor guidance
Pretty much. At least for the USMC we only step in when the Marine is having consistent money issues. Otherwise it's just a yearly class on finance that takes like 5 minutes. On the bright side there are a lot of guys who know their shit about finances and try to help young Marines avoid stupid mistakes, the little shits just don't bother to listen most of the time.

>>28624051
Used to make you fill out some paper work bullshit that your NCOs had to sign off on. Didn't work for shit though.

>>28624059
Armorers/custodians will hate you and/or you will never see your funs until you get out. Since it's in the armory the armorers/custodians will need to take accountability of your weapon and give it to you if it's stored there. So if you want your stuff they'll have to open the armory to give it to you. Good luck having it happen anytime other than work hours unless you are good friends with them. Better to just get climate controlled storage unit. That's what I did.

>source
I was an armory custodian for my unit before I got out.
>>
We're gonna need a lot more gas and bigger ovens for all these gubment welfare queenz.
>>
File: simo hayha spurdo.png (54 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
simo hayha spurdo.png
54 KB, 1024x749
>>28623210
Seriously though. I know tons of military guys and vets who act like they're so put-upon because they didn't become millionaires. They have security that lots of people can only dream of, but it's some huge awful sacrifice because they work in the same branch as people who do dangerous stuff.

The worst is that the potential value of the education you can get while in the military is amazing. I know people who did useful degrees like nursing and business as enlisted men and are now very wealthy because they put that free education to work when they got out.
>>
>>28627539
>education
The thing that sucks with that, especially when we were still doing deployments to asscrackistan and iraq, is that there is a lot of bullshit that gets in the way. For example, one of the units I was in said you had to get 7 MCI's (Marine Corps Institute or some bullshit, it was "extracurricular" learning about your job and shit) before they will let you apply to take classes. Well my unit was faggots and it took forever to get 7 done, as they had to print them out and it was just so damn hard to print them out when you aren't doing a damn thing. Finally I got them all done and lo and behold, I got sent to the MEU (31 worst mang). Now I just plain didn't have the time to go to the damn classes. Then after the MEU I left Okinawa before I was able to take a class. At my new unit we just plain didn't have the time since we were CBAF (I think that's how you spell it, basically the most ready to deploy unit in the USMC). So we did a bunch of fucking training that left me without any time to do classes. Fucking sucked. At least I got the Post 9/11 GI Bill. Gonna use that baby here in a few months.
>>
>>28627646
The GI Bill is also pretty sweet. These guys were army and navy, so maybe the marines fuck you over more in that way.
>>
>>28627802
Well like I said, my old unit was pretty fucking gay. POG units fucking suck and then any unit in Okinawa is fucking gay so we had a really shitty unit. Shit was so gay you could feel the AIDS dripping from your asshole. The grunt unit I was in just before I got out was awesome. I would have been able to do the classes and all that shit easily with them except at the time we were CBAF and had recently won shit like best squad in the USMC and other bullshit. I just got to the unit at a time they were really busy. Feel sorry for them right now. Bunch of boots in there, they lost something like 3/4 Marines that all got replaced by new guys (boots).

But yeah, GI Bill (either version) is awesome.
>>
I have already been shot and stabbed before, no amount is enough for that again.
>>
>>28627920
Story time.

You knew this would happen as soon as you posted so you better have a good story faggot.
>>
>>28627920
Please be that guy who got shot in the balls in Chiraq.
>>
>>28624251

>purple church

They actually have some decent snatch at that strip club.

I've been both denied entrance, and kicked out of there.

>omg boot buy a backpack! Stop walking around Oceanside with your warbag!
>>
File: jelly[1].png (108 KB, 453x297) Image search: [Google]
jelly[1].png
108 KB, 453x297
>>28623210
>yfw I was earning $62,000 AUD ($42K USD) as an OR-1 fresh out of training.
>>
>>28627964
The Stabbing: No
The shooting: maybe
>be 17
>be an idiot who wants to make money
>dinky mexicans who sell drugs offer me money
>I agree to send some package somewwhere
>just arrive
>car pulls up behind me, asshole throws a brick at me
>I throw it back.
>the dink in the passenger pulls out a pistol and shoots me in the arm.
>I hit the ground, whaling.
>it wasn't fun but not really that painful (that comes later
>two other dinky mexicans run out of the place I was waiting at
>They help me up and take me inside
>I tell them to call the hospital
>They do no such thing.
>one of them takes out a blow torch.
>ShitniggerShitniggerShitniggerShitniggerShitniggerShitniggerShitniggerShitniggerShitnigger
>before I can run away they hold me town.
>They ply out the bullet.
>He then gently... burns that shit shut.
>they then bandage it.
>They were at least nice enough to give me free whisky.
>>28628006
This was no where near Chicago so no.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.