[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any WW2 documentaries that dont gloss over the beginning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 500x372
Is there any WW2 documentaries that dont gloss over the beginning of the war or just spew meme bullshit? Im trying to learn about Poland, France and Belgium in particular and all i find are >le surrendur memes

>watching WW2 in color, "lightning war"
>Mention nothing about Polish prewar plans, enigma cracking, Operation Peking
>its just "Pooland got shrekt fäm ahhaa"
>"By the time Britain declared war on September 3rd, Poland was on the verge of defeat"
>By September 2nd, the Polish Air Force was completly decimated
>tfw the air war continued on for atleast 2 weeks
>tfw it shows footage of the 1944 Warsaw Uprising when talking about Warsaw being surrounded
>Longest mention of Polish forces is talking about the horse charge myth
>no mentions of last stands like Hel Peninsula and the Battle of Wizna
>mfw its all about Germany and only Germany
Where can i learn about this shit other than wikipedia lads
>>
Read a book. No seriously, the only time you will ever hear about any of these things is from books; either from ones that deal specifically with Poland in the war or from really really good books that deal with the western front of the war as a whole.

Sadly, Poland lost, and then it got taken over by the Soviets, so no one gave a shit about all the awesome stuff they did in those first few weeks. No one wants to make a documentary about losers or Soviet lapdogs, which is how Poland is most often portrayed. There will never be a TV miniseries about the Battle of Westerplatte or a movie/documentary about Wizna. One verse in a Sabaton song is the only credit the Polish Air Force will ever receive in modern media. It's sad yes, but at least from the people who matter, serious historians, there are a number of books that highlight Polish accomplishments.
>>
>>28479663
>One verse in a Sabaton song is the only credit the Polish Air Force will ever receive in modern media
wow that made me actually feel really sad and somber, such a goddamn shame
>>
>>28479553
I learned most of mine from vidya. Steel Panthers had some good early war scenarios.
>>
>>28479553
>watch WW2 doc series
>good chunk is dedicated to the jews

Yeah who cares about key battles or unknown battles of the war, lets just keep learning about the jews for the millionth time.
>>
>literal autism: the post
>>
>>28479931
My nigga
>>
>>28479775
I saw some sort of documentary about their air force in WWII, and how they cross-trained with the RAF, learning their ROE and all that, and one Pole broke away from the training and started killin gnatzies... it was almost a 45 minute video, online. Anyone?
>>
adolph hitler the greatest story never told
>>
File: 1452148288890.jpg (66 KB, 700x513) Image search: [Google]
1452148288890.jpg
66 KB, 700x513
>>28479949
this, desu senpai

yes the jews got rompstomped
yes so did a bunch of others
yes we know the media is bought out for you
yes I learned it in school
yes, to normal people, it shouldn't ever happen again
no I don't fuckin care

jesus, my inner history buff just wants goddamn history.
>>
File: 1437513016671.jpg (59 KB, 700x620) Image search: [Google]
1437513016671.jpg
59 KB, 700x620
>>28480000
oh shit didn't even check
nice quads

also this thread should be somewhere like >>>/his/ I think
>>
>>28480000
checked

And this.
>>
Documentaries are a terrible fucking way to learn about anything related to WW2.

Just listen to audiobooks. Think about it, Audiobooks are literally longer and better documentaries without completely irrelevant pictures that 99% of the time are showing the wrong battle or the wrong people anyways.
>>
>documentary
read a fucking book

Dear's Oxford Guide WWII is #1
>>
>>28480222
>read a fucking book
/thread
>>
>>28480044
My history classes were a fucking joke, I learned more in docs than I did in class.

>class completely covers WW1
>every battle, event, famous soldiers, tech break-throughs

>WW2 starts up
>jews, jews, Poland, France, Battle of Britain, more jews
>Pacific and Eastern front is just mentioned
>more jews, then Japan getting nuked gets a mention

>Korean war is just mentioned, same with Vietnam
>>
>>28480409
Sounds like NZ education. Heaps of focus on WW1 and the causes of WW2 then nothing really about WW2 or anything further
>>
File: 1439592855062.jpg (97 KB, 626x513) Image search: [Google]
1439592855062.jpg
97 KB, 626x513
>>28480409
Yeah, pretty much the same. I was blessed in Junior year of High School, though, when my teacher doubled as a college professor and he gave zero shits. He taught to a test (NY State standard Regents exam, to be precise) and on some days he'd simply say:
"You know what, fuck it, who wants to learn what ACTUALLY happened?" and any hands that didn't go up were the fat girls and actual jewish people, no joke.

That's when I voluntarily took homework, since he didn't give it out based on principle (he said he knew we wouldn't "fuckin do it, so I'm not assigning any.") and that's how I learned about Poland's cool shit and the Engima jazz. Got me into cryptology. Thanks Mr. Andrews.
>>
>>28480478
... So what 'ACTUALLY' happened. Genuinely curious.
>>
>>28480409
>had to switch high schools in the middle of American History
>ended skipping WW2 because of it
I was so pissed. The previous class was actually pretty good
>>
>>28480409
In the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts it was like that except replace WW1 with the Civil War
>>
I remember we almost skipped the entirety of WWII in my history class. Guess what country.
>>
>>28480497
In short he diverted from the curriculum and told us how the history we've been fed is pretty much tailored to some needs that, to avoid lawsuits and losing his job, he'll leave to us to figure out. He based a subcurriculum entirely on each country's events as much as he could, learning about Poland's first few weeks of bravery, a look at Hitler without the "evil, westernized, demonized character feel" where for about a week we discussed his motivations and past outside of being a jew hater, as well as focusing quite a lot more on technological breakthroughs. For instance, the evolution from downright suicidal trench warfare to actually using tanks with x centimeters of armor (getting into the numbers of that) and what not. In the new york state standard curriculum, we'd mention it and get back to Auschwitz.

My memory isn't serving me super well, it's been a few years but I'll try to remember more precise details.
>>
>>28480453
Canadian actually, I asked one day if we were gonna learn about the Holodomor and the teacher had no idea what it was. WW2 was literally jews and learning how the Brits totally didn't get their shit pushed in and totally didn't need America's or Canada's help to survive. We learned fuck all about Russia or Japan.
>>
File: 100parcentgangster.jpg (40 KB, 736x568) Image search: [Google]
100parcentgangster.jpg
40 KB, 736x568
>>28480453
World War 2 in Ocenia
>>Australia developes militarized paintball gun.

>>NZ builds tank out of tractor with mattresses
>>Tries to turn muskets into light machine guns with Kiwi magicks!

>>America saves everyone.

Its glossed over for a reason.
>>
>>28480580
oh yeah, as this anon said >>28480582
we got into Japan's history leading up to it and watched Tora Tora Tora in class, shit was pretty cash.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8
>>
>>28479553
> WWI documentaries thread
> Nobody has mentioned "World at War" w/Lawrence Olivier narration

I am disappoint. Also, "WWII in Colour" is garbage. They just took B&W footage and colourized it, badly. You are watching a gimmick.

Get World at War. It's not perfect but it does take several episodes to explain a bit of the setup. As everyone else has said though, you need a book. Hell, even spending some time on Wikipedia would learn your dumbfuck ass.
>>
>>28480502
You just missed boring jew shit so it's not too bad
>>
>>28480671
This, most of it was just jews and other boring shit.

>told teacher I was getting tired of constantly learning about holocaust every year and not other significant events
>jewish girl gets mad, says its the most important thing
>ask her "whats the difference between a cow and the holocaust?"
>"you can't milk a cow for 75 years"
>get kicked out of class
>>
File: 1436057856843.jpg (43 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1436057856843.jpg
43 KB, 540x540
>>28480766
>things I wished happened
I want to believe
>>
>>28480536

EVERYONE VAS ON VACATION
>>
File: mr ethnic clean.png (671 KB, 700x697) Image search: [Google]
mr ethnic clean.png
671 KB, 700x697
>>28480781
This is 4chan, anything is possible
>>
>>28479553
There isn't much to hear about France. Poor orginisation, terrible leadership and just a general will tobrealise what was happening meant the fight was over in 9 days. The small amount of resistance by the few French elements that tried and the BEF was absolutley ferocious, inflicting something like 100,000 caualties. The RAF learned some valuable lessons and also did a number on the Luftwaffe over Dunkirk and the vast majority of the BEF got away, despite leaving a lot of their equipment behind. As are replacable however.
>>
>>28480409
Lucky you
Here's what I learned in American High Schools:

>WWII
Everybody was bad because of nationalism
The war spontaneously happened because of nationalism and war profiteers
Nobody did nuffin or understood why they got in the war in the first place
The treaty of versailles was extremely unfair and the profiteers looted germany
>WWII
Germany was pissed because they din do nuffin and had no money
Japan was being bullied by the US for zero reason, who threatened to steal all their oil
As a last resort japan bombed pearl harbor to force peace
The US was blindsided and the navy was crippled
Hitler popped into existance one night, which caused a bunch of windows to break and the juden to raus
His first order of business was to immediately holocausted jews
Jews, jews, jewsjews, JEWS, jews, jews? Jews!
The holocaust
Jews
People in warsaw shot at a few nazis and got curbstomped or something, who cares
Saving Private Ryan happened and suddenly Germany was right fucked
Around then, dresden was bombed for no reason
Hitler became an hero
Mostly because of the soviets, Germany was defeated
In the only shots of the war after pearl harbor, the US bombed two cities made entirely of civilians to teach those nukegooks a lesson.
In the end, the two axis powers of Japan and Germany were defeated and we all lived happily ever after until the cuban missile crisis, where the nukes the soviets launched at the US were turned back by the charisma of JFK.
>>
>>28480588
>>Australia developes militarized paintball gun.
>implying the Owen gun wasn't the hottest shit
>>
>7th grade
>learning about the Jews in history again, watching the same documentaries
>next period
>ADD and bored as fuck doing a language arts/english worksheet, finish 100 years early so talk with people around me
>somehow someone mentions "what's a swastika again?"
>while talking to someone else, draw it on his paper
>teacher sees it happen, says I'm a racist, my parents are racist, and that I need to be reconditioned
>look over to kid, he doesn't want any part in it, teacher thinks I'm lying
>keeps me in for lunch to watch bodies piled on bodies and mass graves and starving Jews and hear the number 6 million approximately the same amount of times
>next day in history making a-bomb jokes with buddies, teacher tells us to tell funny ones or shut up
>>
>>28480091
This is the best way to learn about WWI. I started with the Great War on Jewtube and then transitioned to some audiobooks a friend let me know about and I've learned more about the Great War listening to a few hours of audio than I have in all the rest of my life.

>>28480066
Holy shit, we have a History board? Huh, learn something new every day.

Also, there is a documentary series called Battlefield. They did one for WWII and for Vietnam I think. Each episode focuses one one single aspect or battle and it does a great job of breaking down and explaining everything; from the commanders and their motivation to the units and equipment involved to day by day breakdowns of troop movements and events.
>>
>>28480959
>and that I need to be reconditioned

That's just downright scary.
>>
>>28479553
The information you seek is concealed in "books". These are an old-form analog data format that you can find in buildings called "libraries", the location of which you can look up on your phone.
>>
>>28479553
Read a book, fag.

>>>/his/
>>
>>28479663
Sabaton have another song about the home army
>>
>>28480524
The GA curriculum barely touched on WWI aside from the assassination of the Archduke and touching on the powder keg that was Europe before the war(no specifics, just a powder keg meme). I feel like they really dropped the ball there, and that was before Common Core shat on everything.
>>
>>28483084
One about Wizna and one about the Warsaw Uprising, as I recall.
>>
>>28479553
On the topic of France, a majority of the rank and file troops were ready and willing to fight off Germany. Utterly incompetent leadership is the reason why the blitzkreig was so effective, despite it being a very risky tactic. One of the contributing factor for France's subsequent surrender is also directly related to the massive casualties suffered during WWI. Simply put, France lost an entire generation of men to WWI and the politicians did not believe their country could survive something like that again.

>tl;dr rank and file were ready to fight, but they were failed by everyone above them
>>
>>28479553

>le surrendur memes

That's not a meme.
Of all the participants in WWII, France was the most disgraceful.
>>
File: 18pc74v2jfkjbjpg.jpg (90 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
18pc74v2jfkjbjpg.jpg
90 KB, 800x522
If you have a lot of time on your hands, these are some of the best documentaries I've ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8hNHC9nbLlwpq5bbCkcODDmAXXFfuSKZ

I've watched about half of them so far and they blow pretty much everything else out of the water.
>>
>>28479975
Bloody Foreigners (Battle of Britain)
>>
File: 1435146922121.png (838 KB, 800x737) Image search: [Google]
1435146922121.png
838 KB, 800x737
>>28479553
>polackland is stronk, believe me
ok
>>
>>28480653
I mentioned in my post using something other than wikipedia

For christs sake i go on the Polish wikipedia and translate it because it has more content and pictures
>>
File: 1431849736007.png (547 KB, 659x474) Image search: [Google]
1431849736007.png
547 KB, 659x474
>>28483459
>For christs sake i go on the Polish wikipedia and translate it because it has more content and pictures

You clearly have no bias.
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 865x966) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 865x966
>>28483403
heh
>>
>>28483403
>>28483497
Calm down autists

op just read a book, youre not going to find a documentary thats about Poland and France

Just wikipedia and books
Like >>28483459
>>
>>28483339
>https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8hNHC9nbLlwpq5bbCkcODDmAXXFfuSKZ

they are probably the best series aout there. still expect at least 2-5 factual errors per episode. And the are slightly biased.
>>
>>28479553
WW2 in colour is a pretty neat documentary, but only visual-wise. I just love looking at WW2 footage, especially if its in colour. I dont bother listening to the commentary.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0E_Ewe8g2Y
>>
>>28480781
It's not too unbelievable.

South Park & Borat made shitting on jews trendy, despite the fact that both are Jewish creations themselves. It's a fucked up cycle.
>>
At least you guys learned about jews in WW2.

Here in Canada, history classes are about aboriginals. We barely scratch the surface on WW2.

>"Hitler was a real meanie to jews. The end. Now, turn to page 273, where we'll learn about how the white man did awful things to the First Nations people of Canada. The First Nations were a peaceful bunch with a wonderful culture."
>>
File: IMG_20160109_145752691.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160109_145752691.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>28479553
Pic related op. This book is enormous and goes into far more detail than any other book I have about the early years and the invasions of Holland, Belgium, Poland etc.
>>
I am sick and tired of OP! They cry, moan, whine, judge, bitch over and about every fucking thing! ( HURR DURR MAH BACK IS HURTING MEH. MAH HANDS ARE HURTING MEH. MAH LEGS ARE HURTING MEH. BOO HOO HOO MY BODY IS HURTING MEH. I'M TO GAY FOR THIS AND I'M GONNA BITCH AND SUCK COCK 24/7 ABOUT HOW MUCH MAH ASSHOLE HURTS! ) Shut the fuck up already! We know you fag fucks are tired, hurting, gay, sad, mad at the new ways of life and all but GODDAMNIT SHUT UP ALREADY WE HEARD IT ALREADY AND WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT 24/7!!! So fucking sick of OP going all boo fucking hoo and shit! FUCK my grandfather is 76 and he is busting his old nut at my blow job and he ain't bitching or whining about anyshit and he doesn't even consider getting blown by anyone else because he told me long time ago that he loves shooting his load on my face! ( your a failure in life if you even think about getting blown by anyone else when you get old! ) I'm 20 years old and I fuck my ass off just like his and I can see why he said that to me! IT'S BECAUSE FAGGOTS LIKE ME ARE THE ONE'S THAT GIVE THE BEST BLOWJOBS IN LIFE! And as I will eventually get old I will still fuck old fucks! Because I ain't a little crying bitch about my asshole hurting or how much I need semen and shit! I hope to make it to my 90s and if I do I will show you how real people handle being a fag! And it's called QUIT YOUR BITCHING AND FUCKING GET OVER IT AND MAN FUCK LAZY OLD FAGS! if you have a problem with this then go the fuck back to your home and go suck off of some old fucker you probably picked up from the streets You faggots! LIKE ME!
>>
On youtube some hero upped the entire "Battlefield" documentary series. Does early war, specific battles, whole campaigns and is pretty decent overall.

Would recommend.
>>
>>28485215
...Ant Man?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.