[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to get my first pistol. Preferably something I can CC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: sig.jpg (538 KB, 3000x2224) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
538 KB, 3000x2224
Looking to get my first pistol. Preferably something I can CC if I move to VA (currently in MD, so no CC). I was interested in a Sig or USP. They both seem top shelf and reliable. I'm looking to spend $500-$700. Since MD doesn't allow pistol mags over 10rounds should I go for a .45?

Should I buy a gun online /k/ or at a gun shop? I know this shit gets posted every day but I'm new to this and need some guidance.
>>
>>28461817
Since you mentioned sig, I'll cut you some slack.
>Since MD doesn't allow pistol mags over 10rounds should I go for a .45?

No, you shouldn't consider calibers for such a reason like that. The terminal ballistics of 9mm, .40 and .45 are almost identical, you should choose a .45 if you like it or want something like a 1911. If you have no preference, 9mm is what you should opt for.

And as much of a sigfag I am, price does not equate to quality. What kind of gun do you want? SAO? Striker? DA/SA?
>>
I'll join in on this thread.

I'm thinking about getting a scattergat or a rifle for HD once I move off-campus and live in a house with a friend of mine. I hear that VZ2008's are cheap (~$300-400, apparently) and are good rifles. I live in GA by the way.
>>
File: P239-detail-L.jpg (45 KB, 633x348) Image search: [Google]
P239-detail-L.jpg
45 KB, 633x348
>>28461817
Oh, I forgot. Most of the time, you should buy guns online. See what you like at a gunshop and get a feel for what you might like. And if the gunshop has good prices and the owners aren't fags, buy from them if you can.

But most of the time physical stores jack everything up in price. Slickguns/ammoseek is your friend. Keep an eye out on good deals and always do your research.

Look into compacts that can also act as conceal carry guns quite well like the sig p239 and glock 19.
>>
>>28461946
>I hear that VZ2008's are cheap

you missed the boat. Also their triggers are pretty shit and nigh zero aftermarket.

It's 2016, a time to be alive where ar15's are cheaper than ever and you can put together a pretty decent ar for the same price as an entry level ak nowadays.

It all depends on what you like. Don't buy into the whole HURR AK47 VS M16 highschool kiddie shit. Find out if you like the ar15 or ak platform in terms of ergonomics and controls. If you're not that well off with money, you can get a damn good shotgun like a mossberg 500 for less than $350.
>>
>>28461972
I like both platforms, though I think I like the AK platform better. Might be ">muh 7.62x39" but I'd say I prefer an AK.
And yeah, I was looking at a Mossberg 500 or maybe a Remington 870 if I wanted to go down the shotgun route.
>>
A Bulgarian Makarov for $330 is one of the best steals on a sub-10 CCW pistols. Magazine is 8+1 and they're chambered in 9x18 which is just a slight step down from 9mm.

Most of your $500+ 9mm carry guns lose some points when you're not looking for double stack, in my opinion.
>>
File: 15.jpg (28 KB, 620x409) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
28 KB, 620x409
>>28461892
I really don't know much about pistols. Not sure what a striker is. SAO is heavy trigger pull only right? I think I would like DA/SA more. I'll probably stick with 9mm too.

>>28461972
Im also interested in getting an AR15 at some point. The gun laws in MD are really bad, so I might wait on that too. I dont know anything about fixing up a 80% lower so should I buy an AR from a gunshop? The ones I saw were easily $900+

I would like a simple AR first, nothing tacticool or crazy.
>>
>>28462049
>Not sure what a striker is.
Strikers are your Glock clones, no external hammer and no cocking mechanism
>SAO is heavy trigger pull only right?
No, that's DAO. Double Actions cock the hammer at the same time the trigger is pulled, Single Actions must be manually cocked or cocked by a Double Action shot.
DA/SA are standard for nearly all Semi-Automatics and Revolvers today.
>>
>>28462049
If you're going to bother putting the money in an AR you should build them out yourself from 80% lowers and get parts you want. Buying a stock AR today when ARs and aftermarket parts are at their cheapest and most available is silly.
>>
>>28462049
>really don't know much about pistols. Not sure what a striker is.

Strikers are things like glocks, xd's, m&p's, they don't have hammers and have decent triggers.

SAO are things like 1911's where they extremely light and crisp trigger pulls, most of the time they require some sort of safety because of this

DA/SA is a initial deliberate double action pull then light crisp single action until you decock it like on the p series of sigs. I really like my p226 because of this.

And you shouldn't really buy an ar15. Build one, it's much cheaper and you get exactly what you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glk1qMbj7S0
>>
>>28462075
>>28462085
>>28462097

thanks a lot guys. I think I should go to the range a few more times to try out if I prefer DAO or DA/SA. The Makarov looks like a nice gun and ~$300 isn't that bad.

So I'm thinking P320C or P250. Do you guys think this is a good choice of a first fun?
>>
>>28462241
The p320 is great, you can switch from a subcompact to a compact. That's a range/hd gun and then a smaller carry gun all in one.

As for the p250, literally no reason to get one since the 320 exists
>>
Best sig for u would be p239 sas. Best carry gun ever made
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.