[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can we get more people to own guns/be progun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: nopmore.jpg (69 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
nopmore.jpg
69 KB, 800x533
How can we get more people to own guns/be progun?
>>
>>28432279
Taking them to the range would be your best bet.
>>
Comprehensive firearms handling courses in grade school
>>
Today I went to take a UA test for my new employer. When I got there the new nurse lady told me to remove all items in pockets and jacket and place them in this cubby that locks. I realized I had my ccw and extra mags in my pocket (g19) and I asked her if I may place my belongings in my car so I ran out to my car to drop off my gat. As I returned there was another nurse telling me that wasn't allowed, and that my first nurse is new and she's in training and didn't know that I wasn't supposed to leave because that looked suspicious.

I told her it's because of my firearms and she said "yea just as I suspected, you should've left it on, you're totally allowed to carry your gun, it's your constitutional right, next time please just leave it on and inform us, I'll let this one slide but please keep your gun on you next time".

TLDR; My nurse grilled me for not carrying in her clinic.
>>
Take friends to the range to shoot your guns
privately sell them beginner's-first-tier guns
give them carry permit class gift certificates
>>
>>28432502
You should have asked for her number, homeslice
>>
>>28432368
I think this is the most effective method. Nothing like giving them a hands on approach to see the weapon is no more dangerous than their car when handled properly.
>>
>>28432279
we need to be more like israel/idf

> literally everyone has guns
> knows how to use them
> is ready for shtf
>>
>>28432651
>implying such a culture is possible without a constant existensial threat
>implying creating such a thing to the United States would be a good thing

I feel you man but I think there's just a few too many roadblocks.
>>
>>28432668
Appleseed project
>>
>>28432668
Whatever happened to The Citadel project? Sounded perfect to me.
>>
>>28432279
The Easiest way would to get rid of the cancer that is the current gun community
>>
>>28432804
>current gun community
this. i love my guns, but can't fucking stand 99% of the 2ndA types out there.
>>
>>28432788
Building a fortified compound and filling it with a culturally homogenous group of people already into guns is literally the opposite of the stated goal.
>>
>>28432279
Take people the range and make sure they have a fun, safe, and educational time.
Reproduce and raise your children in a gun-positive family.
>>
>>28432788
>super seekret base
>leasing your custom residence
Fuck that shit.
>>
>>28432875
Do you think that has started as a whole within America already? More so than in the past?
>>
>>28432651
It's hard as fuck to get a gun as a civilian over there.
>>
>>28432368
This.
Most of my friends are stereotypical liberals, and by being cool about it and taking them to the range a few times I've been changing their minds.
One of them is constantly bugging me to go bring him to the range again

Don't reveal your power level, don't be autistic about it, and educate them with .22lr to start before removing Coca Cola with something full sized.
>>
somehow make it seem associated with anti-authoriatarianism instead of conservatism
>>
>>28432788
Most of what they say makes sense and is pretty cool but I have a few problems with it.

1. Having a gun museum and all that just seems kinda corny.
2. Only weirdos would commit to this shit.
3. You lease your land giving their group control over your ability to stay and requiring a permanent financial obligation.
4. You are required to participate in militia service rather than making it a condition of voting in their council or something.

I would be totally in favor of a group with common emergency preps and very minimal ideological requirements, even it's own militia, but this seems really cultish even though the whole point is freedom.
>>
>>28432889
I'm not exactly going to shell out for land on a Yavin moon for a project like this
>>
>>28432279
Big Boss? Is that you?
>>
>>28432279
Rape
>>
>>28432572
I already have a gf though
>>
>>28432368
The problem is convincing them to go guys.
>>
>>28432651
Gun laws in Israel are fucking shit. Most of the population does have experience with firearms, thanks to the mandatory service.
>>
>>28433052
>>28434450
Hey, we're working on that.
The local reality will ever allow "free" gun market, but the new terror wave in past few months has already eased up the gun permit requirements so that more people can get one (yes, here it is actually expected civilians to be heroes if no security forces are around). As well more and more organizations (dedicated gun organizations and other civil ones) start calling for a revise of the gun laws and to create a gun culture in Israel.
Hopefully I'll live to see that day.
>>
>>28432279
Stop mass shootings from happening.
Stop children from accidentally heroing.
>>
>>28432832
I know what you mean.
>>
>>28432651
>expecting jewrune filename

JIDF/Neocon cuck pls go
>>
Stop going on shooting rampages at my kids school. Its always gun owners that do that for some reason.
>>
>>28433269
We're not just looking to appeal to edgy 14 year olds
>>
>>28434431
if they aren't interested there isn't much you can do.

If you do get someone interested, I'd suggest an outdoor pit, while you can't rent guns like you would at a range you also don't have to be in a crowded building and dealing with lots of people. I find people feel a lot more relaxed and enjoy themselves more shooting outdoors.
>>
>>28432279
erase the feeling of absolute safety of a police state by proving that the police won't get there in time.

fear is the only goddamn thing that works with these idiots, so that;s our best bet.
>>
>>28432651
holy shit those grils are tiny
>>
>>28432279
Well I dont try to convert people in the spot, but I plant seeds. I calmly discuss the topic of guns. I keep ot friendly on my end no matter how idiotic they get. I usually throw in "it boils down to do you believe you have the right to defend yourself and your loved ones?" When they say "yes" I tell them "welcome to the pro-gun side." But I only toss that out after I got a feel for if its going to be well recieved.
Sometimes you have to just walk away, there is no sense in arguing with a moron and often the first seed planted in their minds are people refusing to get stupid with them.
>>
File: 16536913310_834c9aeaf5.jpg (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
16536913310_834c9aeaf5.jpg
119 KB, 500x500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Ex2rVOUWs

repostan.
>>
>>28435563
>>28435925
First a "mass shooting" is defined as a shooting where more than one person is shot. Criminal shoots police and is shot by police=mass shooting.
A school shooting is defined as any shooting in or near a school OR a shooting of somone aged 4-25 who is or should be enrolled in school. So a 17 year old drop out gangbanger 8 miles from school gets shot =school shootig

So: if two or more drop out gang bangers get shot at a crack house by other criminals its a mass school shooting.

This is where they get the "every week there is a mass school shooting" statistic.
>>
Anybody a Texas fag here?
I'm 20 years old, and we just passed the open carry law here. I work at a fast food place in a bad neighborhood and my manager gave me the green light to carry an assault rifle, since I'm a year too young for a pistol.
Problem is, my father bought the rifle so it's not mines.
Am I allowed to purchase an assault rifle without a certificate?
Because over here, they're more strict on Pistols than long weapons. Just a question for anybody in Texas here.
>>
>>28433052
but every citizen is a soldier
>>
>>28435516
>>28434450
>>28433052

are the gun laws there more for keeping guns out of arab hands? how likely would they be to actually prosecute a jewish or christian israeli for having a weapon in their home?
>>
File: 62_1resized___PKK17[1].jpg (829 KB, 1800x1169) Image search: [Google]
62_1resized___PKK17[1].jpg
829 KB, 1800x1169
>you will never be part of a communist guerrilla fighting off Turkey roaches and ISIS at the same time

here I am stuffing Doritos in a mongilian imageboard spewing gun memes.
>>
>>28436305
>assault rifle

Did your dad actually purchase one of the extremely rare and expensive pre-ban full-auto M16s or something, or are you just new to guns?
>>
File: Texasball.png (11 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
Texasball.png
11 KB, 280x280
>>28436305

It's Texas, son. We just call them "rifles."

I built my first AR on a stripped lower that I bought a couple of months after turning 18.
>>
>>28436446
>>28436469

> Full Definition of assault rifle
> : any of various automatic or semiautomatic rifles with large capacity magazines designed for military use
> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assault%20rifle

learn to read dipshits
>>
>>28436277
>le semantics instead of arguing the issue
You sure convinced me :^)
>>
>>28436446
Sorry my fault, He bought an AR-15. I didn't clarify.
>>28436469
Nice.

I know I can buy one, but we don't need a special permit to carry them right? I'm just a little unclear on the gun laws.
>>
File: tmp_13341-DSC_018040013019.jpg (4 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13341-DSC_018040013019.jpg
4 MB, 3840x2160
From what I have found, almost everyone who has been exposed to firearms in a social recreational setting, either ends up being proFun or agrees that guns are not a problem, there are exceptions.

The vast majority of antigunners have no exposure outside of the news, movies and propaganda of firearms.
>>
>>28436488
Good thing modern AR-15s are designed for civilian use.
>>
>>28436488
But it isn't designed for military use it's a Modern Sporting Rifle. It's marketed towards American Citizens and THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT to that target demographic, and we citizens have every right to buy and own one, build one, buy aftermarket parts and accessories. We also have the right to buy a wide array of ammo for them, even supplies for reloading.
>>
>>28436525
>>28436544
marketed for, maybe. but designed? there is no practical difference between the M16 and AR15 in semi automatic operation. It's a military weapon. If you think you're entitled to own military weapons, just come out and say that. Don't pussyfoot around it.
>>
>>28436555
Other than the AR-15 has a different lower and bolt carrier design and has no full auto mode.
>>
File: tmp_13341-1449129761789-13092900.jpg (290 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13341-1449129761789-13092900.jpg
290 KB, 1280x1920
>>28436555
You do know hunting rifles and ammunition types are far more destructive than modern service rifles, difference being service rifles generally have a select fire option and larger magazine capacity.

And yes, civilians should have the right/privilege of owning military grade small arms.
If you think that just owning a firearm turns you into a murderer or criminal, then I would say it speaks volumes about what you think of other peoples intentions.
>>
>>28436592
> far more destructive than modern service rifles

what does that even mean? higher projective momentum? higher kinetic energy? who gives a shit.

nigger, the last 50 years of defense research have pushed the trend towards smaller caliber rounds being more effective for engaging and killing humans
>>
>>28436761
SS109 5.56X45mm Vs any large bore soft point or ballistic tip.
>>
>>28436761
Thinking that FMJ 5.56 is more destructive than any full power round like .308, .30-06 or 7.62X54r, 7.5X55mm with or without ballistic tip or soft point.
>>
>>28436489
It goes to show that the anti-gun crowd rely on skewing information to create an issue where there is none.
Look through the lists of "victims of gun violence" they include people shot by police (the boston bomber is on there too) and even criminals killed by people deffending themselves.

Pro-gun people rely on facts as they are.
>>
>>28436761
One of the anti-assault rifle arguments istht they are "too powerful to hunt with" when in reality so called assault rifles are underpowered compared to hunting rifles.
>the old myth was that the M-16 was designed to wound not to kill.
>Most states ban using the 5.56/223 round because its believed too weak to kill deer.
>Anti-gun claims its too powerful for civilians
>Anti-guns lie to you
>>
>>28432651
By shooting our own civilians? Dammit anon that's just what the liberals want us to do! So they can make more retarded claims
>>
>>28432368
This and keep the political tinfoil talks to a minimum. It just affirms the view that only the crazies care about guns, and that just not true.
>>
>>28432368
Dis.
Took my anti gun sister to a clay pigeon shoot and she changed her tune real quick.

Granted a year later some faggot had apparently convinced her back to being afraid of guns, but the point stands.
>>
>>28432279
Get rid of the weird insular, elitist culture that comprises a great deal of peoples' interactions with firearms owners/vendors/enthusiasts.

Basically, be polite, helpful, and enthusiastic, instead of dour, taciturn, and condescending.

Also, remove fringe politics from the equation. Politics and guns should mix only to the extent that politics apply to guns.

I don't want to casually hear about how much you hate beaners when I'm talking about guns, or any of that bag of crap that people like to put on the table when you're talking guns.

>My $.02
>>
>>28436864
>Most states ban using the 5.56/223 round because its believed too weak to kill deer.
>Some states ban hunting with calibers smaller than 6mm/.243"

Minor correction.
>>
>>28432651
yep a total kektiered theocracy that can't control it's own borders without crazy amount of checkpoints and walls criss crossing the landscape and still gets cockblocked by mudslimes .
>>
>>28432279
Force a gun into their hands and keep it there. It will burn like holy water at first, but eventually, they will grip the gun, and the gun will grip them.
>>
>>28432651
>I'm not aware of how Israeli gun laws work, the post
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.