[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recent Acquisition Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (24 KB, 373x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
24 KB, 373x500
Just picked up an Aliengear 3.0 holster, a new gunbelt and pic related for my P238. Opinions on the AG holster?

What hove you gotten lately /k/?
>>
>>28428455
>Opinions on the AG holster?

I have the 3.0 IWB and whatever they call their OWB holster. I haven't used the OWB yet (bought it cuz $$$ saving deal) but the IWB is OK but if I had to do it over I would have spent the extra money on a Comptac. I'm not really a fan of the rubber or whatever they uses on the surface and the metal liner gets caught on my Sig decocker unless I push it out of the way every time I holster the gun. The holster will never really "form fit" itself to the gun or your body but for the money it would be hard to find a better option.
>>
>>28428510
Thanks. I got the 238 for summer carry and was looking for a decently priced iwb. I got in on the Old Faithful kit style when they were $30 and its a damn comfy holster. Looked again and no more kits, $75. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>28428532
I went with a Ruger LCP and a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster for my summer carry. I always have front pockets but I don't always have belt loops on my shorts.
>>
>>28428455
For $30 or so it's a decent deal.
>>
>>28428573
See, I tried the LCP, but for 380 it was all over the place shot wise and the trigger was meh. I looked at a couple pocket options, but a lot of my pants have a smaller sized pocket (mostly slacks for work) and I always wear a belt anyway (dat private school mentality.)
>>
>>28428455
Service grade M1 Garand for 850. Haven't shot it yet, waiting for boolits to come in the mail.
Does anyone here reload 30-06? Have any tips for minimizing cost? I figure it'll be about 60cpr when all is said and done.

>tfw no ZQI 30-06 at 50cpr
>>
>>28428663
The trigger took a bit to get used to since Ruger fucking sucks at making trigger resets usable in most of their semi-autos. After I painted the front sight, slapped on the Hogue grip, and picked up a 7 round magazine I can make accurate shots at 7 and 15 yards. I'm a big guy so I usually have big pockets (most of my pants are Dickies) so I can get away with the extra length and thickness added by stuff attached to the pistol.
>>
>>28428706
See, I gave up some concealability for higher accuracy over distance. It also meant my closer shots yielded tighter groupings and fast follow up shots. Would buy the 238 again.
>>
>>28428904
Whatever helps you sleep at night, man. My LCP is a get-me-the-fuck-out-of-here gun and not for taking down hostage takers with headshots. I wouldn't trust a .380acp beyond spitting distance to do anything but piss someone off if they were serious about attacking me.
>>
>>28428962
Like I said, its for summer carry when my SP101 is impractical due to width. As for the round power, my groupings are tight enough that even under timed practice, my groupings are dead on with a nickel spread at 10 yards 7/7. Sure, id rather have my Steyr on me than the Sig, but if the situation doesn't allow, ill take something over nothing.
>>
>>28428677
i reload 3006 but i never checked the cost. 60cpr sounds about right. the big cases hold a lotta powder.
hxp brass.
49gr of imr 4064.
165 gr horniday btsp.
OAL is long. my rifle likes 3.300
no crimp
the cannalature isn't even in the case but it works great.
factory 3006 is usually tiny. 3.15 to 3.20
it fits into more wide range of chambers that way.
>>
Can this also be a "next acquisition" thread?

I'm getting a big boy job and I dunno if I should get:
A kel-tec sub2000 (or other pistol caliber carbine)
A rifle-caliber long gun (for huntan)
or a toob-fed shotgun (for trap'n'skeet and home defense).

I already have a 10/22 and a 1911A1 if that helps.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.