[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Mag-lites as weapons. Anyone used one as a weapon, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: MagLiteFlashlight.jpg (39 KB, 768x522) Image search: [Google]
MagLiteFlashlight.jpg
39 KB, 768x522
ITT: Mag-lites as weapons.

Anyone used one as a weapon, how effective was it, and did it break? What size would you recommend? Has anyone been hassled by cops for having one?
>>
>>28411480
Back when I was a security guard we weren't allowed to have batons, so I carried one of those.

>be inspecting buses
door open
>defcon Paul blart
>go inside bus and shine flashlight on seats
>*wild homeless appears*
>*wild homeless uses charge*
>*use flashlight to counter*
>it's not very effective

Long story short he went out the emergency exit in the back and took off into the woods with a concussion at least.

So. Much. Paperwork.
>>
>>28411480
why not just have an actual weapon?
>>
>>28411480
6D to the head sounds like it would work just fine unless you're swinging it with your vagina. You know how cops hold it up above their shoulder with their thumb away from the lens? That's the best whack-a-nig stance.
Cops won't give two shits about your flashlight unless it's covered in week old ketchup.
For bonus mall ninja points, get the tacticool accessories like roll stopper and glass breaker.
>>
File: 1464757_Still.jpg (64 KB, 880x495) Image search: [Google]
1464757_Still.jpg
64 KB, 880x495
>>28411480
Some dude just stopped an armed robbery with a maglite near me.

Pic related
>>
The big 6Ds are overkill but I keep a 3D in my EDC backpack at all times.
>>
So effective that the LAPD dropped them in 2007 after some Dindu got processed by a LEO a bit too well.
>>
>>28412279
I remember my LAPD dad picking his up off the kitchen table and it leaving a blood ring, much like a cup of coffee. This was late '90's
>>
>>28411480
what side to use for hitting? and is the light broke after use as a baton?
Thinking about getting one for in the car for when i go on a summer roadtrip with the girl
>>
>>28412351
Noice
>>
>>28412351
He still alive to ask him what kind of minority he used it on?
>>
My dad hit me with one after I dumped a can of coke on his truck seat. It hurt pretty bad
>>
>>28412360

Don't hit with the lightbulb end, hit with the battery cap end. Hold the flashlight by the lightbulb end and use like a regular baton. If you need to light something up just lift your arm up as if you're holding a knife in an icepick grip.
>>
>>28412379
Sadly, he's past. I can tell you with certainty the nationality though, he was assigned to 77th St. Div. LAPD had classes on how to use your flashlight for purposes other than illumination.
>>
How effective are spring batons or gloves with steel shot in them?
>>
>>28412411
Watts, LA
>>
>>28412360
I'd grab the light end and hit with the non light end. The bulge of the light will make a good secure grip
>>
"How effective are spring batons or gloves with steel shot in them?"

Gloves, not really. Baton is quite a bit better.
>>
>>28412448
>>28412409
that's actually quite smart, in dark area's you could surprise someone by blinding them with the light and than hit them.
What size would be the best? I was thinking about putting it next or under the drivers seat, would that be smart?
>>
>>28411480
Dad was a cop in the 90s. The maglite was pretty much used like a lead pipe with a bulb in it when it needed to be.
It was a different time.
>>
>>28412468
As a weapon, longer is better. Get a paper towel tube or something and see how long of a flashlight you'd be able to fit and still pull out quickly. Under the seat sounds fine. Maybe get a magnet to stop the flashlight from rolling around, you want it to always be in the same place so you can grab it quick
>>
>>28411480
You hold by lense.
This gives you a fatter part, a cone in your hand allowing your grip to be better than someone who might grab the skinny end.
You hold it up and out slight.
This let's the light shine from on high and holding it to the side means of someone shoots at the light, hopefully it will miss to your side.
You swing the narrow end at them.
This puts the weight at the end you're swinging, as opposed to the hollow fat end. You hit much harder.
>>
i like the 6d it reminds me of big blakc peepee and my gf like it :)

but it also not too bright in this age of led so do they make when will make led version?
>>
File: MagliteCOP.jpg (14 KB, 300x389) Image search: [Google]
MagliteCOP.jpg
14 KB, 300x389
>>28412484
Samefag here. I actually remember my old man responded to a domestic case and the guy who was beating his wife tried picking a fight with dad's partner.
>So his partner who is holding his maglight like pic related whips it forward and smacks the dude right between his neck and shoulder and the guy crumples up in a ball immediately.
>Turns out he broke his collarbone.
>Dad and partner book him, take him to the hospital, laugh hysterically.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Not really ethical, but the dude was a dirt bag so I'm not upset about it.
>>
>>28412531
longer is bether, but how long it too long? because of small cramped spaces like inside of a car?
>>
>>28412279
Yeah but the pelican 7060s are a better light anyway
>>
>>28411480
Yes the work well, you can send someone to the ER for a concussion if you him them with a three cell.

They are heavy, but, they don't break on a head

They don't put off as much light as smaller, lighter, and cheaper lights.
>>
>>28412631
"Too long" is not being able to get it out of the car, just make sure can whip it out quickly
>>
>>28412576
Tasers are more fun and more effective.

They can kill you just like blunt force trauma could too. Don't run at a dude with a gun and a belt filled with OC spray and a variety of blunt objects to hit you with unless you're ready to die maybe?
>>
File: Murdock_Tweets_4.jpg (66 KB, 1085x421) Image search: [Google]
Murdock_Tweets_4.jpg
66 KB, 1085x421
it's pretty good imho
>>
I just want my mini maglite aaa and mini maglite pro to have momentary on tailcaps. But those don't exist.
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
Get a 4d maglite. and then get the LED upgrade for it.
And use alkaline batteries, they are heavier than rechargeable batteries.

For that matter then get a alkaline battery recharger then you won't be buying so many batteries.
>>
>>28412411
i remember seeing some anons mentioning having taken that sort of class and saying something about wrapping the batteries in tape to reduce noise.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.