[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock 17C
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Is there a major difference between the 17 and 17C? Would the gas ports make a big difference in a CC situation? I have the option to trade my G19 for a G17C, and I prefer full size for carry. I have a Streamlight I will be carrying as well so I'm wondering if that will make the fireballs not as noticeable. Also, down the road I plan to get a match barrel anyways. Any input would be appreciated.
>>
>>28400766

>is there a major difference

yeah one has holes in the top of the slide

>blah blah blah CC

you wouldnt really want a compensated gun for CC, especially low light situations, a lot of the muzzle flash is going to be directed through the ports, thats the point of them. a lot of light in front of your face instead of mostly directed downrange. kind of distracting and

>muh nightvision

more importantly though, you dont need to compensate a 9mm for CC. competition uses ok i can see the use, less recoil etc. but you have to be a serious bitch if you think 9mm has too much recoil for range plinking or carry.
>>
The compensator is a meme.
Really not necessary.
>>
Try shooting a compensated pistol first. My own experience is that of "It feels like I'm being lightly slapped in the face every time it goes off."

It usually ends up in Flinch City unless you get to the range a LOT.
>>
>>28400766
>I have the option to trade my G19 for a G17C
No

Actually, nooooooooooooooo
>>
>>28400766
>CCs a G19
>wants to CC a G17
Anon, I don't think you're concealing as well as you think you are. Pick up a good IWB holster and a 26.
>>
>>28401368
I don't understand posters like you. No where does the OP say he wants a 26. He literally says he wants a larger handgun, and yet here you are telling him to not just maintain his current 19, but to go one further and CC a SMALLER gun. Do you get some sort feeling of catharsis when you give objectively shit advice on a mongolese curry smearing board?
>>
>>28401417
oh yeah, definitely

It's definitely not that most OPs on this serbain cloudwatching forum are nogunz autists
>>
>>28401021
Me again.
I would not ever, EVER trade a 19 for 17, especially not 17c.
Please make a wiser choise and remain with the 19.
The Glock 19 is the best one.
>>
>>28402778
eh fuck you not everyone only owns 1 gun
nothings stopping him from owning every glock variant except cash
>>
>>28402933
The laws in my country allow only 1 gun.
I have 3 because of reasons, 2 of them are glock 19 and 1 of them is a CZ sp01 shadow.
If you can own more than 1 gun in your country then I am very happy for you, seriously.
>>
>>28400766

>i carry a 19 and want a fullsize

>implying 17 is really that much bigger

>implying you need the extra real estate for your pinky finger

>not realizing 17 and 19 have same number of finger grooves
>>
>>28402955
>The laws in my country allow only 1 gun.

P 3 2 0

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.