[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/ - Military Enlistment General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: anhorse.jpg (82 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
anhorse.jpg
82 KB, 229x220
>IRC Channel

#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.con
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

OP template
http://pastebin.com/qPhgHFmK

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
What happens if you fail to get selected for PJ? Do you get bootyblasted down to F-15 Tire Janitor like the BUD/S failures?

Tryin to decide between PJ and 18D
>>
Hey fags.

Gonna be 20 in a couple months. Currently studying education. Plan is to become a middle school math teacher. Unfortunately, not only am I young and stupid, but also 5'6" and with a manlet complex. And I just don't feel like I'm really doing anything with my life, and setting myself up for disappointment and regret.

I have always liked the military, and everything about it. I am definitely considering the military all over again. Unfortunately, I am not a US citizen, nor am I a permanent resident yet. I'm here on a student visa, working on my masters. My family has worked long and hard hours to be able to help me out, and my job at my school does little to pay for tuition, much less room and board, so I never enlisted out of fear of throwing all that away. However, I've brought it up to them before, and they said to not even consider it anymore. They're scared that being a foreign minority, I'll just be deployed as cannon fodder, and despite how prepared and educated I may be, I can't say I wouldn't doubt it. So what I'm here to ask is:

>is it worth it?
>can I do it at all in my condition?
>if plausible, how's citizen naturalization work out for vets?
>>
>>28380751
>Non-citizen, non-permanent resident alien.

Not gonna happen unless you meet the requirements for MAVNI.

Aside from that, being a minority doesn't matter. Cannon fodder jobs mostly go to white guys with oper8tor dreams and no desire to build civilian skills.
>>
>>28380734
>picks two of the jobs with the hardest, least forgiving training regimens
>worries about failing

At least you're being realistic.
The problem is: you've already failed. The guys who succeed are the ones who simply cannot countenance the idea of failure. If you're thinking about failure, you're already thinking about your backup plan.

To actually answer your question, though:

You are retrained in another AFSC that the Air Force needs. They will give you a short list of jobs to choose from (none of which you may actually want), you choose one and go to tech School for that job.

After 24 months, you can resubmit for pararescue. (You are allowed three tries.)
>>
>>28380946
>>28380946
> The guys who succeed are the ones who simply cannot countenance the idea of failure.
Interesting thought, pithy, but based on lurking shadowspear/professionalsoliders it's not really true.

Doubt is there, you just need the cajones to never, never quit.
>>
>>28380734
>Tryin to decide between PJ and 18D

Para Rescue. You'll see way more action.
>>
What action?
>>
File: 1450112954670.jpg (129 KB, 570x396) Image search: [Google]
1450112954670.jpg
129 KB, 570x396
from previous thread

>Intel jerbs

Freshmen in university right now, majoring in polsci-geography and minor in arab (HUMINT), I've been considering applying for intern/scholarship from langley and fed, but considering those two are highly competitive. I'm looking for an alternative, and those are army or marine intel, working for a couple of years before quitting and applying to langley and fed again, I prefer field job rather than desk, which one would work best?

>also
what is the difference between marine MAGTF officer and ground intelligence officer?
>>
If I was seperated under a general discharge for 2 ARIs can I still re-enlist with a waiver?
>>
>>28381027
>you just need the cajones to never, never quit.

Also, you need to be a superb athlete, extremely intelligent, be able to think on your feet and under pressure.

But no, all the schmucks who washed-out just simply didn't want it hard enough.
>>
>>28381220
>army or marine intel, working for a couple of years before quitting
I don't think that's how it works.
>>
>>28381813

That's kinda how it works for officers, as long as they don't have an ADSO.
>>
If I enlist in the Marines as active duty, when do I get to use my GI Bill?

Also, if I do use my GI Bill and get a degree, could I still re-enlist and go through OCS? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>28381938

Oh, and adding to what I already posted, is there any chance in hell that the Marines will have a JSOC unit set up anytime during the next 10 years or do I have to join the Army/Navy to have any chance of making it into JSOC?

>inb4 ambitious

I know I'm thinking really far ahead, but since I already know what I have to do in order to enlist and already in the process of working out a lot, I might as well ask.
>>
>>28381938

You can use your GI Bill after you earn it, which takes 36 months of active service. It's usually not wise to use it while active duty though.

If you went to OCS you wouldn't be re-enlisting, you would just be going to OCS and coming in as an officer. The smarter route would be to do ROTC with your GI Bill though.

>>28382001

Will they? Probably. But large muscle movements like that are dumb to try and plan your career around.
>>
>>28380734
PJ is the best job in the armed forces IMO but has the highest washout rate of any job as well. I would recommended getting all your fitness measurements (pushup/situp count, 2 mile time etc) like 25% better than you need for perfect scores before even shipping if you want a good chance.
>>
>>28381839
Don't all officer jobs have a minimum 3 year commitment?
>>
>>28381938
You can do that but it would be much easier probably to do ROTC while using your GI Bill. If you have any dependents you might even be able to use ROTC to pay for your school and pass the GI Bill benefits to your dependent.
>>
>>28382235
>>28382355

Wait, you can do ROTC as prior service?
>>
>>28382394

ROTC is just taking an extra couple classes during college and commissioning when you're done.

You can do it straight out of High School, you can do it while you're currently in the reserves, you can do it after you're done being active duty. Hell, some branches have programs where you can go to ROTC while remaining active duty.
>>
>>28382447

Wow, that really changes things. Thank you for letting me know.

Last thing, do I toss out my chances of operating for JSOC if I become an officer?
>>
>>28381220
Well if HUMINT is your goal, Army is your starting point. Remember though, that HUMINT is dying down as the conflict in Afghan draws down, and there's no non-SOF deployed in Iraq/Syria.

What you would want to do is go for 35M, and try and deploy at least once. Not some overseas rotation to Europe, but a legitimate deployment to Afghan, with a line unit, doing your job.

Here's something about the USMC to remember: Except for MARSOC, the Marines do not do anything that isn't specifically for the Marines. That was the issue with Recon/Force Recon, that is the issue presently with MAGTF, that is the issue with their Intelligence.

Unless the intelligence work is being done specifically for the Marine Corps, they don't give enough of a fuck to do it. Also, you can only guarantee yourself into the 02 MOS field, not a specific job. And HUMINT in the USMC requires time in, a lateral transfer, and more.

If you're considering SIGINT, which you can do war or no war, look at AF first, then look at Navy, then look at Army.

Air Force has constant SIGINT involvement, a huge budget for it, and lots of training available for it. Also an easy way to get a job afterwards.

Navy is similar, only you risk being on a carrier doing relatively boring shit.

Army SIGINT could get you with the NSA, or it could get you working a shitty line unit looking at drone info.

You could consider going 15W in the Army and flying drones for 4-5 years, transferring to CIA and going "pew pew baddies".

--

Lastly there's the consideration for the USCG. The red headed step child, and the newest member of the intelligence community. On the upside, you -will- have the opportunity to go to the National Intelligence University, where you can go for your -masters- in one of two Intelligence fields, which translates into a very comfortable civilian job. But the majority of your intel work in service will be domestic/drug interdiction. Relatively boring work, no secret squirrel adventures.
>>
>>28382518
Do you want to be an Officer or do you want to be an operator? Know ahead of time.

Officers are management. You can get into SOF from O1-O3, but after Captain you'll be put on a desk job, or in charge of a larger unit not actively out in the field.

They are two very different career paths, and you come out on the other side with different options open to you.
>>
>>28382518
Pretty much. JSOC officers are the most operator operators that operate but you have to be truly world class to do that and they only operate for a year or two before getting assigned to a desk job administrating JSOC.
>>
>>28382518
>Last thing, do I toss out my chances of operating for JSOC if I become an officer?

Officers have a much shorter window to enter SOF stuff in general, and even if they manage to make it they only operate for a small portion of their career.
>>
>>28382540
>>28382558
>>28382561

I want to become an operator, but I need a Bachelor's degree, SOF and leadership experience (which I think it means being an officer) for the job I want to ultimately have at the CIA. This is why I was heavily considering OCS, since I can get the opportunity to switch to officer once I'm too old for ROTC. Between O-1 and O-3, how much time passes trying to rank up?
>>
>>28382657
O-1 to O-3 is 3-4 years I think depending on branch and field.
>>
>>28382657

Officers generally reach O3 around 4 years in.

Your best route to the CIA is just to be awesome at college and apply as a civilian. Thinking you're going to go enlist for some kind of SOF job, get out, OCS, get back in, get back into SOF as an officer, operate, stop operating, get out of the military a second time, then go apply at the CIA is 100 % retarded. Partially because by the time you're done with all that bullshit (assuming you don't fail at any of the huge attrition points along the way), you're probably almost at retirement age and should just retire as an officer.
>>
>>28382447
Can ROTC be done when you more than halfway through college? What if you want to enlist?
>>
>>28382758

You have to do at least two years of ROTC classes to do ROTC. That means if you're already more than halfway done with your 4-year degree you either need to take additional semesters or do ROTC via grad school.
>>
>>28382758

>>28382767 is correct
>>
>>28382747

Wouldn't I be getting out of the military in my early to mid 30s if I did that, though? If so, that's a little bit early for retirement, I'd say. But yeah, I get what you're saying, maybe I just need to think it over some more.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>28382329
That's the plan. Below are my goal #s and current #s. Will be deciding between PJ/18-series in about 18 months. I've just started running/lifting again so I haven't done any longer distance runs or reached my previous 1RMs(which don't really count, my form was suspect). Heavily focusing on form and aerobic capacity for now

2 mile run: 11:30 : 16:00
4 mile run: 30:00 : N/a
5 mile run: 37:00 : N/a
6 mile ruck: <1:18 : N/a
12 mile ruck: 2:30 : N/a
Pushups 2min :90 : 45
Situps 2min: 100 : 55
Pullups max: 20 : 5
Deadlift 5rep:275 : 135
Squat 5rep max:225 : 135
Bench: bodyweight x 5 :100
>>
>>28382907
>Will be deciding between PJ/18-serie

Those two are so completely different I can't see how you're trying to choose between them.

Do you want to rescue people or do you want to be a warrior-diplomat and train insurgents.

It's like someone saying they can't choose between getting extra starch at the dry-cleaners and painting the walls of the living room sail white. There's no context

All I can see is you want a special snowflake job that the numpties online will says "Holy shit! You were a X?!"
>>
>>28382962
It's possible to have a variety of interests. Early on I was deciding between SERE, nuke, or space operations
>>
>>28382962
Calm down faggot. You can't declare as an 18D, so I'd have to go 18-X and show aptitude for it. I'm a medfag, so I'm basically looking at high speed med jobs.
>>
what do SOF guys usually do when they get out? usually just PMC's? are there any other things, cops possibly?
>>
>>28383022
complete inability to take any kind of veiled criticism even in the form of a question?

yup. millenial snowflake.

Have fun at basic. They'll just loooove you.
>>
>>28382962
Really? Nobody can want two different things? They're both intense, difficult, rewarding jobs where you get to operate and maybe help people.

Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>28383071
You didn't even ask a question... your "thinly veiled criticism" wasn't thinly veiled, you simply called me stupid for be unable to tell the difference between an 18D and a PJ
>>
>>28382907
I'm not sure you can make your goals in 18 months.
>>
>>28383182
You're getting mad on an anonymous Estonian pewter engraving board. You think your brittle ass can survive even Basic Training, never mind Special Forces training?

Who are we even kidding, though. You're not fucking enlisting. No one on /meg/ does.
>>
>>28383207
>being this mad
>>
>>28383207
I did, and you're making way more assumptions than a reasonable person would be. You have no idea what kind of person he is or whether or not he deserves to be a PJ or 18D.
>>
>>28383194
I'm pretty confident I can do it in 12. Any healthy male should be able to make those numbers with enough sleep and enough food
>>
>>28383281
11:30 2 mile and 2:30 12 mile ruck are not "any healthy male" numbers.

Dropping 5 minutes off your 2 mile time is not something you do in a short amount of time.
>>
>>28383234
>You have no idea what kind of person he is or whether or not he deserves to be a PJ or 18D.

If your >>28382907 physical abilities are any indication, you're dreaming.

2 miles in 16 minutes is a shade above walking pace.

To put it extremely mildly, and speaking as someone who washed out of RASP, the physical ability should be a given. If you are physically tired by anything they ask of you, you'll never manage the mental part.

>inb4 you didn't make it, so you're just bitter

No, I didn't make it, but I didn't make it because of any physical deficiency. I could manage all the physical requirements easily. Shit, I've been out of the Army four years and I still can. It's the mental tests that kill you and if you're already fucked from a long ruck march, it'll eat you alive.
>>
>>28383345
8 miles per hour is walking pace?

>If you are physically tired by anything they ask of you, you'll never manage the mental part.

This seems completely unreasonable too. You really think that the only way to pass is if you're completely unaffected by the physical portion? That if you get physically tired you don't have a chance at passing the mental part? Surely the candidates who passed got physically tired. In fact, watching a documentary about PJ school, NOBODY went the whole time without becoming totally exhausted at one point or another, let alone just "physically tired." This makes zero sense.

His goals might be a bit of a stretch. You'd be better at judging that then he or I would.

Also, that's not me.
>>
>>28383343
>Dropping 5 minutes off your 2 mile time is not something you do in a short amount of time.

Totally doable if you're going from like 20 to 15. Most dudes plateau in the 13s though, which is incidentally near max for fitness tests. Definitely gets way harder beyond there.
>>
File: rangers.jpg (201 KB, 920x690) Image search: [Google]
rangers.jpg
201 KB, 920x690
Sup guys, got a question.

I'm interested in being a 68W in the 75th. Hypothetically speaking, if I were to get in and stay in, would that help me with a future intelligence/counter-terror career in the FBI? I'm more interested in being a medic for my time in the military and figured a job in SOF would help.

Cheers
>>
>>28383345
>If your >>28382907(You) physical abilities are any indication, you're dreaming.

The physical abilities abilities are the easiest thing to improve. As someone who hasn't done anything remotely athletic in 3 years, I'm proud of my 1 month numbers.

You said like a negative nancy who deserved to wash out of RASP tbqh senpai

>>28383343
12 months is a long time. The law of diminishing returns works against me but I just need to get back in stride. I was running a 5-6 minute pace in middle school easily and though I was doing shorter distances in HS my 400 m was always under 60s.

With the right regimen, nutrition, and sleep it's doable.

And lofty goals are good, what's the point in shooting for second best?
>>
>>28383451
if you want.
>>
>>28383345

Totally could tell you were a quitter before you even made this post.
>>
>>28383406
You misunderstand.

At RASP, and any of the other units like MARSOC, SEALs, etc the physical ability should not be a question.

The point where the guys you saw on TV looked tired would have a normal man puking.

Since the point of RASP and the others is to test you at your breaking point, they will push you to that point, and then ask you to do something unreasonable. If you can't even GET to that point, you're fucked twice over. (By that point, of course, your teammates will have already encouraged you to drop out, since your fat ass is preventing them from being able to succeed.)
>>
>>28383451
he looks like every character from bobs burgers
>>
>>28383463
>As someone who hasn't done anything remotely athletic in 3 years, I'm proud of my 1 month numbers.

Jesus, this thread really is Deluded Millennial edition.

You're just a fat kid who wants to play CoD in real life aren't you?
>>
>>28383530
You're really reaching, dude. Sounds like you've got a chip on your shoulder. There's being realistic about somebody's chances, and then there's this.
>>
>>28383530
I'm a 3rd year bio student who spent the last 3 years paying his way through college working 40 hrs/week stocking groceries.

But whatever man. Enjoy being a bitter dropout for the rest of your life, being a downer on a Czechoslovakian nesting doll forum
>>
>>28383463
>>28383512

Since you've never been there, you don't know.

I'm in good shape. I'm proud of that fact. I'm also quite smart. I did well on my ASVAB and I had a bachelor's already when I enlisted. I'd already served a tour of duty in Iraq when I went to RASP and saw combat as a 19D.

The guys at RASP already knew that and they didn't care. They wanted to see what would happen when pushed beyond my breaking point. You don't know if you're Ranger material until you're there and they start fucking with your mind.

Getting an Option 40 contract does NOT mean you're Ranger material. It means that your recruiter gave you a shot at tryouts.
>>
>>28383586
Ex French Foreign Legion here.

This guy knows what he's talking about. >>28383591

We saw tons of Americans and British who would come to Aubagne thinking they were going to be Rambo. If you lead a pampered American life, you begin to think that you truly can do anything you put your mind to. Sometimes, you can't.

Maybe instead of deciding that you're going to be a Green Beret, you should first see if you can be a soldier, then see if you can become a super soldier.

Since you're a university student, I am assuming you've never been a soldier, so you don't even know if military life is for you.
>>
>>28383586
3rd year bio? You decided that you can't hack the job market before you even graduate?
>>
>>28383952
desu the job market is pretty shit
>>
File: 1451094795610.jpg (213 KB, 470x926) Image search: [Google]
1451094795610.jpg
213 KB, 470x926
>>28382521

Holy shit thanks for the reply man, that is really helpful

I used to do AFROTC for a semester but I dropped because I initially wanted to be a pilot, then changed my mind, talked to the staff, and they told me the prospect for HUMINT is very low in the AF, as its mostly air intelligence, so I decided to drop out instead

I'll put 35M on my list

I don't want to do SIGNIT, army and marine pretty much has the thing that gives me a job to talk to haji bob at the village about juba in exchange of kalashnikovs
>>
ranger and ffl guy just smacked another /meg/ dreamer back to reality. goddamn i love these threads
>>
>>28384192
I'm 90% percent sure the ranger-washout and the "FFL" guy are one and the same desu senpia
>>
>>28384328
doesn't make him wrong. every other post is "do i have what it takes for RASP?" and when they get shut down they throw a tantrum. desu senpai
>>
>>28383591
19D can't attend RASP.

You're acting like RASP was impossible. Its easily passable, with drop rates being 10-20% on the average.

Mental tests? I mean you're sucking, and hitting the woodline in soaked ACU's with chaff created by the devil himself does suck, but you're really overexaggerating it.

The pipelines of other SOF are thousand times more difficult due to the nature of it being a year or two of training where you can be dropped at any point. RASP is only 8 weeks with recycles kicking you back a phase.

RASP's most difficult mental check is landnav in week 2. All the other SOF has a shit ton more: PJ's and pool, CCT and ATC operator course, SEALs and pool and demo, SF with uncon and con and language, etc.

RASP is designed to find capable guys to meet the standards of an efficient light infantry force. There is still privates in the 75th, its still an infantry battalion.
>>
>>28384431

Don't CCTs also do pool and demo? They have to for Seals.
>>
File: NiggerHorse.jpg (76 KB, 544x523) Image search: [Google]
NiggerHorse.jpg
76 KB, 544x523
>>28380407

Oh wow, I've seen that OP image before
>>
>>28384431
Yeah, you're right. You'll go to Rangers or Special Forces or whatever, then you'll go to the CIA and be John Clark out of a Tom Clancy novel, operating like a motherfucker.

I'm just being Captian Bringdown, your fantasy is totally realistic.
>>
>>28384387
>every other post is "do i have what it takes for RASP?" and when they get shut down they throw a tantrum.

That's /meg/. Literally. That's what 90% of /meg/ is. Operator-millenials.
>>
>>28384610
>>28384622
exactly, comedy gold. then when someone asks about realistic options, the response is "are you sure? there's very little chance of operating at that position!" shit cracks me up
>>
>>28384622
>don't have what it takes for any type of spec ops
>couldn't do anything close to Rangers
>just wanted to do an office job or electrical position to serve my country in the way I could do it best
>like pulling teeth to get any information anywhere on any of those jobs
>>
>>28384682
sometimes intelanon or apachebro grace us with their presence
>>
>>28384682
>Anybody here working counter-intelligence for the Latvian military?
>
>
>
>bump
>>
>>28384751
>I'm in Japan, anyone here every been in the Japanese Secret Police Defense Force?
>>
>>28380407
>cuck enlistment general
>welfarequeens.com
>professionaltraitors.com

I hope you only signed for 4 years, by then you'll have grown out of your psychotic stage.
>>
File: 0919cover1.png (470 KB, 821x771) Image search: [Google]
0919cover1.png
470 KB, 821x771
>>28380407
>>
>>28384806
>>28384819
who hurt you anon? this is a safe place, let it out
>>
>>28384866
>>
220lb. sedentary fatass here. Obviously it depends on how much work I put in, but how long can I expect it to take until I could be physically prepared to join the Army?

Should I even bother talking to a recruiter right now when I'm probably at least half a year away from being prepared to join?
>>
>>28385040
You should learn how to take care of yourself before pretending to defend others. how does someone even get that fat? Are you a woman?
Put down the cheese burger lard ass.
>>
>>28385040
How bad 220 is depends on your height. You probably need to lose at least 30 lbs to enlist.

5 lbs/month is reliable and healthy weight loss, so a 6 month goal is pretty reasonable. Depending on how bad your habits are now, it could go much faster. If you drink soda and never move, simply switching to water and starting to run will melt the first 10-15 off very fast.
>>
>>28384682

For US Army, cyber/intel/signals are the place to be for office jobs. Also 42A if you want to get laid.
>>
>>28382962
>>28383071
was your dad a projector? because youre projecting
>>
>>28383451
Not as much as an actual intelligence or counter terror job would
>>
>>28385302
>Also 42A if you want to never ever get promoted

Fixed it for you brah
>>
>>28380407
i scored 94 on my asvab am i too smart to be in the military?????!??!?!?!?!?!??!
>>
>>28383952
I'm not that guy but I'm joining after I graduate just for the experience and so I can save up my pay.

>>28384192
samefag, you didn't smack someone back to reality, you just derailed the thread

>>28384513
CCTs do pool but not as much as PJs or SEALs do, and I don't think they do demo
>>
>>28385360
No. You're not smart enough to realize that the asvab is not an intelligence test. You'll be fine.
>>
>>28382907
Those fucking suck. 135lb deadlift, 16 minute two mile?

I did better when I was literally getting off methadone at 130lbs.
>>
>>28385040
How tall are you? That makes a big difference. Have you ever done any sort of physical activity in the past (highschool sports, used to lift, etc.)? What's your diet like? Be honest if it's bad or it's hard to help you.
>>
File: laughingSluts.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughingSluts.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>28385386
>he thinks tests don't measure intelligence
and the participation award goes to you
>>
>>28385389
No you didn't, stop shitting up the thread
>>
>>28385404
They literally don't. Not even IQ tests are reliable measures of intelligence. They're a measure of how much you studied for the test. Tests measure knowledge, not intelligence.
>>
>>28385404
>doesn't know the difference between knowledge and intelligence

Yep, you're a moron.
>>
File: smileDOTDad.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
smileDOTDad.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
>>28385412
>general
>not cancer by default
this fucking redditor
>>
>>28385416
>Tests measure knowledge, not intelligence.
said every stupid person ever
>>
>>28385425
So how smart are you mr. smart alpha? You got a 40 on your ACT and a full ride to college, right?
>>
File: pepe.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>28385417
it's ok you'll pass the asvab eventually
>lol no you won't you faggot
>>
>>28385434
stem masturbate...

i mean master race
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>28385404
>>28385420
>>28385425
>>28385434
>>28385448
>>28385470
>>
>>28385379

Iirc CCTs have to do BUDs because they may get embedded with Seals.
>>
>>28385513
lol

Got any other inside info, you stooge?
>>
File: 803.png (149 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
803.png
149 KB, 625x626
>>28385529
>>
>>28385513
baby seals?
>>
>>28385539
>>28385507
>le hook fish maymay
literally reddit
>>
>>28385412
Yes I did. This isn't even a /fit/ brag thread. I pulled 155 the first time I deadlifted as a holocaust survivor.
>>
Happy new year /k/
>>
>>28385628
fuck you cunt
>>
>>28385545

Of course. Little known fact, it is the Air Force's mission to take out clubbers.
>>
>>28385507
>including your own posts when you call it all bait
nice try samefag
>>
>>28385513
Really? What do SEALs need CCTs for?

>>28385628
happy new year senpai
>tfw friends are boring and you dont want to do something alone so youre home alone on new years eve
>>
Anyone know anything about the day-to-day of a surface warfare officer?
>>
>>28385816

You know... air support.
>>
>>28386240
Would they not use TACP/JTAC for that? Air traffic control and tactical air control i.e. calling air support are not the same thing.
>>
>>28386254

Holy fuck dude, do you even get what CCT does? They ARE TACP except they can deploy independently as part of a special tactics squad or with airborne/swimming troops. JTACs aren't jump qualified or qualified to swim in like Seals, CCT is split between getting attached to other special operations or deploying with AFSOC. Fuck, even JSOC has CCTs.
>>
How bad can your vision be before you cant enlist?
>>
>>28386270

Ignore him. He's either retarded as fuck or trolling.
>>
>>28386118
i heard it really really sucks
competitive stab in the back kinda place
tons of studying and shitty hours
it depends though
t. applied for it
>>
>>28386303
Pretty fucking bad. I think the lowest limit to still be able to enlist is 200/20 but regardless of how bad your vision is I'm pretty sure most jobs requires it correctable to 20/20 (so you're kinda boned if you have bad astigmatism or something)

>>28386384
Hm, that's too bad. Thanks, I'll consider some other jobs.
>>
>>28386468
>200/20
meant 20/200
>>
Any fucktards on here have any insight into 35G/1N1X1?

From all the forum posts and shit, it sounds like a low manned, fast promotion, cool intel job.

Or is it shite?
>>
>>28386468
yeah i just want to be in already, hopefully get a lateral transfer once im there or maybe just ride it out for a few years
>>
File: 41GOjKv7PcL[1].jpg (27 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
41GOjKv7PcL[1].jpg
27 KB, 460x500
Would this be an alright bag to bring to BMT? (Black colored)

Also, fun/horrifying basic stories
>>
>>28386957
Sure, but you won't be using whatever you bring. Whatever bag you bring to carry your stuff in will only be used the first day and then locked in storage with the rest of your stuff until the end of basic.
>>
>>28386957
Uhhh, no? What the fuck do you need to bring? Just take a notebook or a thick folder or something, you literally don't need anything.
>>
>>28386957

Make sure to bring your phone, tablet and some cash too.
>>
>>28386957
Bring a gaming console. Not only will it give your something to do in your downtime but it will allow your friends to play too, making you the star of the barracks and showing your instructors how much of a team player you really are
>>
File: MK23_SOCOM.jpg (261 KB, 1024x830) Image search: [Google]
MK23_SOCOM.jpg
261 KB, 1024x830
Can you get away with smoking weed in army ROTC? what happens if you get caught? just wondering
>>
>>28387516

Not really, and you get kicked out. Permanently, I believe.

If you can't quit pot, then don't join, degenerate.
>>
>>28387516
fuck off dannybro
>>
File: 1445136009735.jpg (622 KB, 2405x1240) Image search: [Google]
1445136009735.jpg
622 KB, 2405x1240
>>28387525
>>28387529

what if i quit for rotc and active, can i smoke while im in IRR?
>>
>>28386528
this is what i'm going for. i'm leaning towards AF based on education and benefits. just hope i can get TS.

anyone know where these guys are usually stationed-/what unit they're attached to?
>>
OK, so I'm trying to decide which Special Operations unit I'm going to join, but it's actually a lot trickier than it sounds.

Air Force Combat Controllers and Rescue Rangers are right out because >ChAir Force

Marine Raiders are pretty cool, but no one knows what they are so no one will care when I tell them I am one. Also, Marines are generally dumb as a post.

Navy SWCC's are right out. They don't even fucking count, riding around in a rubber raft dickriding the SEAL's.

The Army Rangers are near the top of my list, but I have some concerns. The last famous Ranger was Pat Tillman and he was shot by his own guys and half the Army has a Ranger tab on their shoulder so no one will give a shit if I'm a Ranger.

The Army Green Berets are extremely cool and everyone respects them, but I'm a little iffy on the amount of helping dirty locals with their own problems vs straight-up operating.

The SEAL's should be at the top of my list, but American Sniper made them all look like a bunch of goofballs except for Chris Kyle, who was a liar. Plus, the Navy's dress uniform is as faggy as the rest of the Navy.

My out-of-left-field option would be the GCP, but I would have to join the French Foreign Legion first for that and then >France. Plus, I'm trying to kill Muzzies, not protect them.

What the hell do I do?
>>
>>28388615

>Wants SOF for the glory.
>Thinks SF doesn't oper8.
>Gives a shit what others think.

Confirmed for cawwaduty.

>What the hell do I do?

Fail pipeline, get stuck at Bragg, proceed to an hero.
>>
>>28388615
This has got to be a troll post
>>
>>28388650
>Wants SOF for the glory.
Of course. Why the fuck else would you join the military? To be some fucking drone loading a truck while wearing camouflage? Shit. We're basically no longer at war. Being in the regular Army or Marines in a Combat Arms MOS just means sitting on base, doing nothing.

>Thinks SF doesn't oper8.
They don't operate ENOUGH. Training shitskins to build IED's and improvise mortars and shit is bullshit. Treating their illnesses is borderline treason.

>Thinking that all you need is to love yourself and that's enough.
People's opinions of you inform how they act towards you. For instance, your mum is a whore, that's why everyone treats you like the son of a whore.
>>
File: SHOOT ME FIRST.jpg (180 KB, 519x692) Image search: [Google]
SHOOT ME FIRST.jpg
180 KB, 519x692
>>28388615
This is absolutely hilarious

Is this you
>>
File: 1448842400995.jpg (22 KB, 189x190) Image search: [Google]
1448842400995.jpg
22 KB, 189x190
>>28387477
You cheeky fucker
>>
>>28388674
Either that, or it's New Years comedy gold. My sides.

It should be in the OP.
>>
On a scale of 1-10(with 1 being a brief interview with an investigator and 10 being dishonorably discharged and imprisoned), how bad are the consequences for >accidentally using outdated information for some of your references in the US military?
>>
>>28388747
Like a 6, you can get discharged but if they find out at basic training you will only get seperated, but if you don't need a TS or PRP then it shouldn't really matter. They dont dig around too much unless they have to.
>>
File: 1451017598430.jpg (90 KB, 682x475) Image search: [Google]
1451017598430.jpg
90 KB, 682x475
>>28388766
Do you need references (like a former employer) for the Australian Army?
>>
>>28388747

If your references don't pan out they'll just ask for more references or use a good reference to branch out and find others.
>>
>>28388615
MACV-SOG
>>
>>28388785
Nah, family and friends you've known is enough on the paperwork if it's anything like the American system.
>>
File: 1449749315595.jpg (28 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1449749315595.jpg
28 KB, 400x267
>>28388841
>Family and friends is enough

But anon, i have no family and friends

Family died a few years back and i just dont really have friends
>>
>>28388902
Tell the Army you want to sign up for their Lone Wolf program. It's meant for people in your situation.
>>
>>28388615
God, I want this kid to be for real.
>>
Ausfag.
Friend died in the paris attacks.
Joining in the hopes of mudslime murdering.
Bullpups are sexe gun
>>
>>28388929
We've all been there, friend, just don't actually say that out loud to the recruiter.

I told my recruiter that I was joining the Marines to off as many Muslims, Catholics and Jews as possible in order to make the Middle East clean enough for Christian development, settlement and petroleum exploitation.

Guy looked at me like I just shot his dog and told me to get out.
>>
File: 1447724421584.jpg (50 KB, 442x529) Image search: [Google]
1447724421584.jpg
50 KB, 442x529
>>28388919
I cant tell if you're full of shit or not.

I just wasn't sure if my partner is a viable reference for the military and my boss quit a few weeks ago, so references are hard to get.

>>28388929
>"Im from buenos ares and i say kill them all!"-tier

mate, unless you're joining the RAAF, there's not much chance you're going to see any dead mudslimes in the near future
>>
File: 1447069939245.png (329 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1447069939245.png
329 KB, 512x512
>>28388949
Serving your country wasn't enough reason, eh?
>>
>>28388949
>I told my recruiter that I was joining the Marines to off as many Muslims, Catholics and Jews as possible in order to make the Middle East clean enough for Christian development, settlement and petroleum exploitation.

How stupid are you?
>>
>>28388949
I'm going to spout the usual wanting to serve the country, good job, nice uniform shit, all true things but not the real reason.
>>28388950
Probably not, but I'll take what comes.
>>
>>28388985
Im an Ausfag looking to join Infantry as well.

I can give you some basic info if you're committed to enlistment?
>>
>>28389006
Any info is good info, shoot friend.
>>
File: brs.jpg (198 KB, 512x654) Image search: [Google]
brs.jpg
198 KB, 512x654
>>28389016
Rifleman description
http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/army/jobs/Rifleman/

if you think you a hardcore bloke
>http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/army/jobs/Commando/

Phsyical requirements for each service
>http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/fitness/

Any particular questions about the recruitment process?

Reminder
>no finger tattoos
>no prior criminal history
>dont be a fat cunt
>minimum requirements are a joke, do triple them
>>
>>28389060
Nah no questions champ.
Cheers for the links.
>>
File: 1448608851938.jpg (73 KB, 624x626) Image search: [Google]
1448608851938.jpg
73 KB, 624x626
>>28388615
>>
File: 1442235536357.jpg (68 KB, 900x714) Image search: [Google]
1442235536357.jpg
68 KB, 900x714
>>28388615
Look at him
Look at him and laugh
>>
>>28388650
>>28388674
>>28388719
>>28388792
>>28388926
>>28389093

You know what? I wasn't going to do this but after all this shit, FUCK IT! I am this way because of the goddamned children and all the fucking idiot enablers like YOU. I am fucking sick of all of your goddmamn shit, you fucking pieces of shit!!!!!! Your kind has kept me down form day one, and I am not taking your shit anymore, FUCK YOU, FUCK your generatlion and FUCK your political correctness agenda, you'll have to wait until we die off for this shit to actually sell, not that there is no shortage of morons to out vote those few of us left on the important issues. Your kind had better fuck off and stay out of my way from now on. If I encounter anyone who remotely talks like you, you are the first. You did this.
>>
>>28389114
Sit the fuck down, little nigger.

your copypasta is retarded
>>
>>28389114
It's a shame so much work went into this
>>
File: 1444531603540.jpg (46 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
1444531603540.jpg
46 KB, 746x982
Seeking advice of people inside from a fellow who just got to his 1st Unit and is a green as fuck active private

I just turned 22 and I never had a license since I took walk, bus, sub or biked my way to my destination all my life living in the city

Will plan to get a license because apparently I'm meant to drive around everywhere in texas and fucking change of orders at the last second requires swift movement

However, I really want a bike since I can just take it to the Food court and get myself some supplies to stack if I'm running out soon.

I probably should ask this in the sports related board for bycicles if there is one but

Is one of those foldable bikes worth it? I really don't trust leaving my bike in those bike spots outside because people fuck with them all the time and more than half of them outside have been abandoned

TL;DR I need something to get around on weekends and NOT for work

Bycicle vs Foldable bycicle
>>
So I just got a prescription for Propecia.

I know I can't take it during Basic, and having any medication whatsoever can bar you from a lot of jobs, but should I even tell my sergeant that I've been taking the stuff? I know that once you're in, you can get prescriptions, and I would just get a new one then. But it looks like I won't be leaving for another six months at least, and I could at least try the stuff out in the meantime and see if it even works on me before I give myself the trouble of telling Uncle Sam about it.

Any milfriends who take meds want to tell me how the process works?
>>
>>28390273
Get a non folding one, folding ones aren't worth the small wheels + extra weight for a feature you don't need if you're not taking it around in a small car or on a train
>>
>>28390372
Good point, shame I really had my eye on something like this but perhaps in the future http://www.nycewheels.com/montague-paratrooper-pro-folding-bike.html
>>
>>28390471
Get a nice second hand road bike and a good lock, it's a winning combination for getting around quick, cheap and it's free PT.
>>
>>28390335

Also, how come the military is fine with prescribing existing troops anti anxiety medication but it's super forbidden among applicants? Was that kind of thing more lax during the Surge, or is it just another byzantine military rule?
>>
>>28387593
You can do basically anything you want in IRR because IRR is just a status where they can command you back to service if a war breaks out. You don't do any drills or anything in IRR.
>>
File: 10501779.jpg (36 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
10501779.jpg
36 KB, 400x392
>>28388615
/meg/ the post
10/10
>>
>>28381813
It does, dot mil is fine with you quitting at any time with no hard feelings.

I hear if you just walk off base one day and decide to be done with it, they'll send a group of guys to find you and I've you a hearty handshake because you didn't stop to say goodbye first.
>>
File: 1448705771926.jpg (41 KB, 550x559) Image search: [Google]
1448705771926.jpg
41 KB, 550x559
>>28390335
>>28390505

I went to basic at least a year ago, anyone in charge of your medical are going to be doctors, licensed/civilians whatnot, nothing military says you're forced to get shit other than Pennicilin and vaccines unless you claim to react allergic beforehand and even then there's no problem by the time you're about to get the shot they just pull you aside and give you a special pink tag that says what you're not supposed to get

Anything prescribed than I can't get over the counter I just go to sickcall and based on the docs decision I get whatever he writes down

I've just got to my unit and like every old guy is with shitload of sickcall prescriptions and medicines for anxiety or the like, I don't know their situation but if you require it they'll provide it unless they really don't want to which I doubt it.

The reason why basic does that shit it's because they want to scare tactic anyone coming through and actually want to see if you make it without all the provisions people are used to

Every fucking body even your future drill sargeants go to sick call and are allowed to special treatment, unless you're a 75th ranger regiment soldier or SF or the like where they actually don't want to see anyone relying on that shit they'll tell you shit for it. and EVEN THEN they can't forbid you from getting treatment of any sort. but they can place you on the most shitty bases or units and make you bored if they hate you.

Military is chill as fuck and I might say a little much that people lose discipline and get too comfortable once you're done training

But what the fuck do I know, I haven't finished my contract and I get called a fucking weirdo for doing things we were taught in basic, such as doing PT on your spare time and not indulge yourself on the pleasures or evils such as too much phasebuck or drinking beer and ordering pizza everyday like people do here in my unit
>>
>>28388949
Because the Army doesn't maladjusted autists who are going to murder the terp for being Muslim

>>28389140
That's a copypasta, friend

>>28390273
Folding bikes aren't really worth it unless you live somewhere really tight and are taking it on the subway or something. A bike hung flush against the wall doesn't take up a whole lot of room.

>>28390505
probably because the stressful environment could cause someone to develop anxiety but someone who already has an anxiety disorder coming in is unlikely to cope well with adjusting to military life.
>>
>>28390594
Alright, thanks man. My only concern is that because Propecia is just a vanity drug, they might say 'well if you don't need it, we won't let you have it'. I just want to still have a scrap or two of hair left when I'm done with this show.

I should really just talk to my sergeant, I guess.
>>
>>28386528
bump for answer
>>
>>28386528
The fast promotion thing is beginning to wind down. In 2009, it had some of the lowest points in the Army.

Here's what your job will be:
You will be in a small, dark, windowless, stuffy room.
You will be given a series of images.
You will stare at those images until you get a migraine.
You will be asked a series of questions about those images.
You will put your answers into a PowerPoint presentation.
Someone else will deliver your PowerPoint presentation to important people.

If your answers were correct, that person will be rewarded. If they were incorrect, you will be punished.
>>
>>28390879
>If your answers were correct, that person will be rewarded. If they were incorrect, you will be punished.

Intel 101.
>>
Young guy seeking some advice.

22 year old, some college, in good shape and getting better. Ultimate goal is SF.

Vision is too bad now for an Airborne physical, so any special contract options are out of the question. I'm told the military can give me PRK corrective surgery, but I don't trust that promise and hope someone could weigh in. How feasible would the following be:

Go in as 11B > try to go to schools I CAN qualify for (Air Assault, Pathfinder, etc.) > getting selected for PRK corrective surgery > getting a deployment or two > shot at Ranger selection or Green Beret pipeline

Life has taught me that I'm owed nothing. I'm prepared to work my way up, pay my dues as it were, in order to accomplish my goals. I'm sure a lot can go wrong, a lot may not pan out, so I'm just curious as to what wisdom I can glean from you guys.
>>
>>28390964
>Life has taught me that I'm owed nothing. I'm prepared to work my way up, pay my dues as it were, in order to accomplish my goals.
Saying that doesn't make your dreams of being a Green Beret any more realistic than your dreams of being starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.
>>
>>28390964

Better path: Take an intel job that can provide support to SF. Get your clearance and pursue a support billet for oper8tors. Try to finish your degree on active duty. When you're ready, drop your SF packet.

Result: When you fail selection, you've got great civilian prospects ahead of you as opposed to going back to being a 11B. Also way less competitive to do coolguy stuff as an intel weenie. Every 11B wants to be a badass, but most intel guys just want to desk job.
>>
>>28391332

That's really good advice, thanks.

How are the chances of getting selected for the PRK surgery? It's a moot point if I never fix my vision.
>>
>>28380407
Former Army National Guardsman here. I did 6 years, and one deployment before my time was up. Didn't reenlist because I hated my MOS but I wasn't a shitbird, no bad history and I have an Honorable Discharge.

I am thinking of joining the Navy because it is a family tradition and it offers jobs more pertinient to my interests. I had a 99 on my asvab and I was told I could have had any job I wanted in the Navy.

Now I am looking at the highly technical job, hopefully something nuclear, I also want to be an Officer, and full time NOT a reservist.

tl;dr What does a former NG enlisted with Honorable discharge gotta do to become a Nuke fields Officer in the Active Navy?

I want to go to college too, is ROTC an option?
>>
File: cockpit2betty.jpg (37 KB, 585x241) Image search: [Google]
cockpit2betty.jpg
37 KB, 585x241
Sooo there's a high ranking Navy officer that I know very well, he's just retired, and he found out that I wasn't able to get the rating that I had wanted due to the slot being filled. He's offering to pull strings with another officer he knows (both former Intel) so that I can get the job.

Do I accept? I'm charmed by the offer but slightly offput by the idea of nepotism letting me sidestep the actual MEPs contract I signed.
>>
File: 1450706409288.jpg (35 KB, 575x474) Image search: [Google]
1450706409288.jpg
35 KB, 575x474
>>28392053
I have an addendum for this anon's question; if you provide an answer, specify if you were/are a junior enlisted, NCO, warrant, or commissioned officer.
>>
File: jimmyG.jpg (67 KB, 992x558) Image search: [Google]
jimmyG.jpg
67 KB, 992x558
>>28383056
typically?

typically, they go to school on the GI bill if they don't already have a degree and then work normal fucking jobs.

PMC work is not common at all for US servicemen because it's shit work. 99% of it involves mall cop style work in some shithole country.

why would you do that when you could get into real estate or something normal stateside, marry some girl 10 years younger than that you met in college who worships the ground you walk on and live comfortably?

if you're some tier 1 tommy toughtit, then yeah maybe you stay with JSOC for a while and then contract as a trainer for some SOF unit, but PMC work is for the dogs and third worlders.
>>
>>28383451
why not go 35 series instead and try and work in RSTB?
>>
>>28392008
I'm pretty sure ROTC is an option, I don't think prior service matters in that case. If you wanted to be enlisted in the Navy though your selection would be severely limited due to being prior service.

>>28392053
That's up to your moral fiber. I frown on nepotism a lot but I think I would still take the offer, personally.
>>
>>28392330
What is/was your rank?
>>
>>28392343
What? I'm still in college, I won't be joining for 2 more years.
>>
>>28390879
Damn. Sounds souless.
What, in your opinion then is the best Intel job?
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
Anyone else in 3/3 CR here?

Or on Fort Hood in general?

By the way for you guys enlisting, 3CR, actually Fort Hood in general, is deploying in June. 3CR is going to Afghanistan to open up camp leatherneck and 1st Cav is going to Kuwait.
>>
>>28392797
Oh, 35G is, in fact one of the best jobs. It's just that's nearly what ALL of intel work is like.

Enlisted are the little fish. They gather up data and make little conclusions. They give it to bigger fish who collate the data and make bigger conclusions and so forth and so on until you get to the people who make have the big picture and make decisions.

Little fish don't get the big picture. You're one of the little puzzle pieces. Most of the time, you don't even know the reason for your intel gathering. You look at your pictures, you translate your cell phone text messages.

As you go on and get more experience and more responsibility, you get to see a little bit more.
>>
Hey guys I need some advice. Currently about to finish up my junior year of college the career path im thinking is military, either hopefully SF thinking Rangers, overseas contracting, and then some 3 letter agency in the US. I am US native citizen but where I have questions is in order to get into overseas private security I know they want combat experience, while homeland agencies want intel/combat. Should I go for oper8ing or go into army as intel?
Also if you have any experiences doing private security overseas I'd love to listen to any experiences/advice you have.
>>
Highly unlikely, but is anyone shipping out to lackland on Jan 19 also?
>>
>>28393515
If you want to be in a 3 letter agency, you should just go intel. If you actually succeed at being SOF you don't really have anything special to offer them, whereas having an intel job is an almost direct pipeline.
>>
>>28393618
No but I'm an A1C at mildenhall, anything you want to know?
>>
>>28393648
Not much I need to know, I have been watching several videos on youtube of people describing their experiences at lackland.
Im just curious how the first couple days are, and if beast week sucks or not.
>>
>>28393663
It's not too bad, when you first get there you'll get a mesh bag of stuff and a shitty parka. You'll get to the dorm rooms and you will find out who your MTIs are. Second day you should get uniforms or if not then sometime that week, first week is pretty much appointments like shots and whatnot, making sure you're inprocesed and all that. What's your AFSC
>>
>>28393515
Is "thinking Special Forces/Rangers" some sort of requirement to post on /meg/?

If you want to actually work in intelligence when you're done, do intelligence work when you're in the Army. The CIA doesn't care if you operated, they have their own guys for that.

What the CIA really wants is people who can speak Arabic and people who know signals intelligence. Army MOS 35N is your ticket here.
>>
>>28393713
1A8X1
also signing on as an A1C thanks to some college.

So what its only like 6 1/2 weeks of actual tough work?
I have been hearing that the first day or two they dont even wake you up at 0445 either
>>
>>28393733
Yeah pretty much. I got to lackland at night so I didn't really get a lot of sleep, I think I ended up getting like a few hours. For the first two days you aren't going to get a lot of sleep but after that it's usually 8 hours minus 2 if you have EC duties. Beast week is alright, you're going in the winter so it should be nice for you. I went in summer and had to wear full MOPP gear in the Texas sun. Its mostly team exercises and CBRN drills. You get gassed in a chamber and all that fun stuff. Linguist is a dope job, your tech training is going to be nice, you're with the navy and marines over in California.
>>
>>28388615
This is quality bait, and I say that as an australian
>>
>>28393810
Yeah living in monterey has me pretty stoked but I have to get around the 7 week obstacle called BMT first.

I think my biggest "fear" of BMT is taking showers with a ton of naked dudes; just isnt my thing. Also I heard the gas chamber is more intimidating than it actually is bad, so that Im not scared about.
Whats your AFSC and how do you like it?

The only downside for linguists for some (not me) is that it requires 6 year contracts
>>
>>28393868
Yeah it's a great area, I'm from there originally. And showering isn't bad, you all pretty much realize that none of you want to do it so you all just do it. And I'm 2A2X2, I do maintenance for AFSOC. they sent me to England for two years so it's pretty great. If you have the chance to get stationed overseas take it.
>>
>>28388615
this is bait
>>
>>28389132
stop posting australians like anyone gives a fuck ok? your army is shit and you did jack shit and you rely on america still for everything. so fuck off and stop forcing memes.
>>
>>28391198
it means his approach is more realistic and he's willing to work for it and do what is possible.

shut up you fucking faggot. you're not tough or pro-active, you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>28393979
It means samefagging.
>>
>>28393640
>>28393718
Thanks for the advice. I know intel is demand for overseas contracting as well.
Wasn't thinking just that one agency but others such as FBI and such as well. Which is why I was thinking more combat orientated as well.
again any stories of overseas contracting is much appreciated. Thanks
>>
>>28394033
not at all. doubt i'm even in the same country.

it's the height of conceit to think that someone calling you a fucking faggot means samefagging. what it really means is that you're a fucking faggot.

go be a pussy somewhere else. at least that guy is willing to put in the effort.
>>
>>28394042
All the intelligence agencies are desk jockeys.

They delegate all soldiering activities to special soldier groups.

This is what you're looking for https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Activities_Division

And why are you people so interested in joining the top tier super secret operators when you haven't even been in the military? Nobody likes the guy who thinks it's okay to just bide their time in the military. Right now you should be looking at a job in the military you want to do
>>
>>28394053
Getting really mad, here, bro. Did someone hurt you? Did your recruiter lie to you?
>>
>>28394042
The FBI doesn't care if you had combat experience. The FBI is investigators, hence "Federal Bureau of Investigation" not "Federal Bureau of Combat"
>>
I'm already enlisted but I am going for blood work so I can start accutane tomorrow morning. My dermatologist says I will stop treatment in May and I ship to basic in July. Is there any reason I should tell the Army that I'm starting accutane if I don't even ship until July?
>>
>>28394199
>Getting really mad, here, bro. Did someone hurt you? Did your recruiter lie to you?

stop trying to take the heat off your dumb ass with epic memes, faggot. what's your fucking problem? upset that other people show the determination that you lack?

this is for you --->/r9k/
>>
>>28394357
>getting this mad at memes
>on 4chan

I bet you just miss the ability to downvote.
>>
>>28394405
>I bet you just miss the ability to downvote.

it's like you just can't help yourself.

you came to thread entirely dedicated to helping guys realize their military aspirations by giving solid advice and you took a passive agressive little shit in the corner. you've got nothing to contribute so get out and leave the thread to those that do.
>>
>>28394469

Calm your tits, man. If you can't stand shitposting, maybe you should re-evaluate what you're doing here. "Don't feed the trolls" is one of the oldest rules of the Internet.

This thread isn't exactly super-useful when it comes to "guys realizing their miltary aspirations". What kind of posts are in this general?

Asking questions that any recruiter can answer more accurately.
Stolen valor posts by the bucketful.
Absurd advice on how to get a 300lb couch potato RASP-ready in 3 months.
and of course the classic:
>I'm going to be a Ranger
>Don't pin all your hopes on that. It's extremely difficult. Maybe have a fall-back.
>Fuck you, you don't tell me what I can and cannot do!
>>
>>28380734
I've known as couple 18Ds. Met a couple PJs but never talked to them about it.
18Ds are interesting men. One I've know had over 11 combat deployments. Has delivered close to 30 babies, performed about 40 amputations, and pulled thousands of teeth. All in 3rd world countries to help build relations with the locals.
If you just want to kill shit, go PJ.
If you want to learn a new language and culture and make a positive difference in someones life directly then try to go Green Beret
>>
>>28394679
I take some of this post back.
PJs do more than just kill shit.
They really do save American lives with SaR and loads of other cool shit too.
>>
>>28394564
>Calm your tits, man. If you can't stand shitposting, maybe you should re-evaluate what you're doing here.

if you can't take getting told to go fuck yourself, maybe you shouldn't be here.

>This thread isn't exactly super-useful when it comes to "guys realizing their miltary aspirations". What kind of posts are in this general?

it is, not the least because you have enough ex-mil guys giving a more realistic worldview than recruiters might. hell, even the links at the top are useful.
>>
>>28394767
>you have enough ex-mil guys
If you truly believe that even 1 out of 52 guys who claim to be in the military in this thread are for real, your gullibility knows no bounds.
Spend a little time in these threads and they all slip-up eventually.

This is a make-believe thread.
>>
>>28394767
How many people do you think are responding to you? I'm >>28394564 not >>28394405
>>
>>28394833
tell me what difference you think it makes.
>>
>>28394679
Neither PJs or SF are going to see a whole lot of killing shit. It's not their job.
>>
>>28394469
>>28394405
>>28394357
>>28394199
>>28394053
>>28394033
>>28393979
>>28391198

Get a room, you two.
>>
File: 1446635558511.png (51 KB, 146x171) Image search: [Google]
1446635558511.png
51 KB, 146x171
>>28393959
So, because im Australian, im not allowed to take pride in my countries military and their heroes/leaders?

Eat shit, cumslurping knobjockey
>>
>>28395625
They're just mad they've spent 3 kajillion $$ on wars they haven't won
>>
Aspiring Recon Marine here, have a couple of questions.

This is more /fit/ than /k/, really, but I'm working out and I have until May or June to get in shape for basic training, SOI and possibly Basic Reconnaissance School (if I get dat UZ contract).

When I started back in the 16th of November, I was 5'8 and weighing 207 lbs. Now, I'm weighing about 188 lbs and I can currently jog a mile in 13 minutes. Later this month, I'll try to look for some open pools so that I can practice swimming and prepare for training accordingly.

My questions are these: At the rate that I'm going, will I have a decent chance of getting a first class PFT score when it will matter? What can the more /fit/ guys recommend me? I could use all the advice I'm given, including diet and exercise schedule. I'm halfway through Couch to 5k and I finish it in about 6 more weeks.
>>
>>28395697
We can't really talk when it comes to useless military spending

>all those poor mothballed leopard tanks.
>>
>>28395741
try rucking and get that mile down to 10 minutes
>>
>>28395625

Not the guy you replied to, but I think the reason why he's booty-bothered about the fact that you stated you're Australian is because aussies tend to say they're from Australia all the time. You know, just like Marines let everyone know they're Marines, or how women go on about they're gamers or something, you know what I'm saying?
>>
>>28395767

Alright, any tips for rucking? I have some endurance, but I don't want to fuck up my knees. What should I start with, 30lbs worth of shit in my backpack and ruck for 4 miles? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>28395790
but in that post, i didnt even state im Australian, i merely posted our chief of Army with that crazy fucking look in his eye.

>tfw Australia is the worlds Marines
>>
>>28395741
13 minute mile, nice...
>>
File: 1446205277303.png (205 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
1446205277303.png
205 KB, 505x431
>>28395812
not even joking, but i just chuck a couple of bricks in my bag and just roll with it.

id say start at a nice comfy 20kg and work your way up from there.

try to kepp your back straight

as much as you can fuck up your knees, fucking up your back is worse
>>
>>28395886

Oh shit, you're right. Excuse my retardation, kek.

>>28395903

I know, I know, I was sedentary as fuck and pretty much started from scratch, but I'm getting better. On my first week, I couldn't get past half of a mile without having to walk.

>>28395925

Huh, fair enough. Thanks mane.
>>
>>28395812
Best way to get a similar workout to rucking is to go hiking. Fill up your backpack with preparedness stuff, snacks, plenty of water, a tarp, a sleeping bag, whatever, to get the weight up, but don't start with more than 20 pounds or so. Then just go on a day hike. If you have the gear/will, going backpacking is even better. I love backpacking and as a result I can max the (self administered, I'm not in) ruck test easily, but I'm only average for the run. 30 pounds for 4 miles sounds fine to start on. Take less weight the further you go. If you try to go hardcore rangarz rucking before they teach you how during training, you are more likely than not to fuck yourself up for life. And for the love of god do not go running with weight on your back.
>>
>selling your soul and life to a government

Maybe if I was destitute
>>
>>28395999
listen to him>>28396004
im retarded
>>
>>28395812
Also, for running, it's fine to go pretty slow as long as you walk as little as possible. You will still get the slow-twitch endurance benefits. Running for time is better than running for distance, because people pushing themselves too hard to reach an arbitrary distance after they've already gotten more than a good enough workout is a major cause of injury. As long as you're running for 30 minutes to an hour you will get a good workout which you will benefit from no matter how slow you run. After you finish C25k start doing intervals to bring your speed up.
>>
>enlist in Marine Corps during highschool, spend entire senior year in the DEP

>ship off soon after graduation

>arrive at mcrd

>2 weeks in start to freak out

>tell myself I was just a lazy highschooler who had never even had a job before, why did I sign up for one of the hardest jobs I possibly could?

>Claim Suicidal intentions, get an Entry Level Seperation under med fraud for lying about a history of depression

>Regret slowly creeping in now that I'm out and back at home

What do you think, anon?
>>
>>28396004
>>28396054

That sounds great, man, I'll work a schedule around what you said. Thanks for taking the time to type that out, seriously.

>>28396019

My life as an 18 year old piece of shit isn't worth much anyways, so I might as well work for the government in return for money, free college and something to do with my life.
>>
>>28396004
>>28396054
One last thing, make sure you have good hiking boots if you want to ruck/hike/backpack regularly. Good, supportive shoes are critical for protecting your feet/knees/lower back when supporting weight.

If you don't have some already, go to a running store and get your feet analyzed for what kind of support you need and try on some real running shoes. They will make a really big difference if you're running in converse or something or shoes without enough support.
>>
File: 1443916236747.jpg (153 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443916236747.jpg
153 KB, 1920x1080
>>28396078
Your DI didnt yell at you loud enough
>>
>>28396078
If you couldn't take it, you couldn't take it. No shame. Make the best of your situation.

>>28396080
It's the reason I monitor these threads, my pleasure. And hell, I'm doing a double science major and I'm joining just for the experience and money (albeit as an officer). You don't need to have no prospects to see the benefits of having all your expenses paid for several years while you get valuable experience.
>>
>>28396098
it wasn't that I didn't think I could make it through boot camp, it was the fleet I was worried about.
>>
>>28396093

There's a pretty good Sports Authority store here, I'll check it out. I'm currently running on some old New Balance running shoes I bought about three years ago, I'll switch them next time I have some money.
>>
>>28396121

Damn, sounds like you have it all figured out. Good luck, /fit/bro.
>>
>>28396126
dont go to fucking sports authority retard
find a real running store
that specializes in running
at worse im sure theres a chain running store like fit2run or something in your area
>>
>>28396078
>>28396121
I'm thinking about looking at the Navy or AF as something that would better transition me into military life, I still feel like it may be for me, do you faggots think this is a good idea?

I'm really just so at a loss at to what direction to take at this point in my life
>>
>>28387516
get out junkie
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.