[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/iddos, So I'm looking at the Sig P320 and just had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: 1-1920-1080.jpg (525 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1-1920-1080.jpg
525 KB, 1920x1080
Hey /k/iddos,

So I'm looking at the Sig P320 and just had a few questions for those of you who have fired or owned one of these bad boys.

Is there much difference other than size of course in the full sized, carry, compact and subcompact ?

Are there any disadvantages to getting the threaded barrel?

I have head a lot of people just find it difficult to shoot / don't like the trigger but still continue to praise it highly. What good is a firearm that can't hit where and when you need it to ?

How lefty friendly is it ?

Does the fact that the whole mechanism just lifts out, able to be placed in another size frame feel gimmicky, or does it feel legit ?

So, any answers or criticisms welcomed. Thanks all. I'm sure more questions will arise.
>>
File: 044.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
044.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I have a Sig P 226 and I love it. But that 320 looks really sweet !
>>
>>28368441
>Is there much difference other than size of course in the full sized, carry, compact and subcompact ?

None. They function exactly the same and most of the parts interchange; eg. you can put a full-size slide on a subcompact frame, a subcompact slide on a full-size frame, and anything in between. They also all take the same mags.

>Are there any disadvantages to getting the threaded barrel?

You just have an extra bit of barrel sticking out. That might interfere with some holsters, but that's all.

>I have head a lot of people just find it difficult to shoot / don't like the trigger but still continue to praise it highly. What good is a firearm that can't hit where and when you need it to ?

Whoa what? I'm not a fan of how the grip feels or how high it sits in your hand, but it has a fantastic light, short, crisp trigger and is very easy to shoot with. If there's any single thing to praise about the 320, is its trigger and how that lends to accuracy.

>How lefty friendly is it ?

Very. The slide lock is on both sides and the mag release is reversible. The only thing not on the right side of the gun is the takedown lever.

>Does the fact that the whole mechanism just lifts out, able to be placed in another size frame feel gimmicky, or does it feel legit ?

It feels just as solid as any other gun. The whole thing is locked into place with the huge beefy takedown lever/pin.

It really is a good gun overall. The only thing I didn't like were (some of) the ergonomics. Namely the grip is too round and feels like I'm holding a roughly textured tube, and I'm used to pistols like the Glock, M&P and FNS so the slide (and sights) sitting so high in my hand is strange. Other than that no complaints. Pick one up at a store, see how it feels, and if you like it, try it out.
>>
>>28368558
Neat, do you like it ?

>>28368603
Thanks for the great response. Answered a lot of the questions I had that kind of made me hesitant. I didn't know that about the reversible mag drop that's great.

Looks like I'll just have to go play with one at the funstore again.
>>
File: 1450493197089.jpg (123 KB, 1440x2460) Image search: [Google]
1450493197089.jpg
123 KB, 1440x2460
I love my p320. My brother is lefty and has no problem with it
>>
>>28368441
>Sig P320

what caliber.
>>
>>28368874
Awesome that's good to hear

>>28368996
9mm
>>
I love my P320 Compact. It makes an excellent CCW.
>>
>>28368745
Love it. Wouldn't have anything else.
>>
I was wondering, can I order the p320 in tan with a threaded barrel ? I couldn't really find any answers online. If anyone knows that would be awesome.
>>
>>28368441
>Want this gun.
>Want the 40 version.
>Want the Earth color version.
>My gun store laughs at me and tries to make me buy the 9mm black version anyway.
But I already have a Beretta 92A1 9mm, I dont want another, I want this for carry.

Plus I am a sucker for Earth color.
>>
>>28369920
Probably not. You could just order the TB separate though
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1836x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1836x2448
I love mine and used to carry it a lot but have stopped recently because of shitty holster options as of now. I'm back to using my g19 as my edc until gcode makes Incogs for the 320c.

I love this gun in some ways more than my g19, but make sure you have a decent holster to go along with it.
>>
>>28369965
damn thats unfortunate.
I am also such a sucker for that earth colorway

>>28369988
descending double dubs
Thats kind of what I figured, thanks.

>>28370008
Hmm Ill have to look into holsters.

How does the compact feel? It's slightly longer then the carry version if I recall?
>>
>>28368441
>Are there any disadvantages to getting the threaded barrel?

None, other than there's about 3/8s of an inch of barrel poking out of the front of your gun.

>How lefty friendly is it ?

Very. I offhand fire mine all the time. Unless you're one of those people who find the Glock grip angle perfect, this thing is very kind with regards to shooting either hand. Oh, ejection seems to trend the brass towards the vertical on mine, at least. That might be something to consider.

> feel gimmicky, or does it feel legit ?

Fuck the fast change. It makes CLEANING the fucking thing a dream. 3 seconds, and the gun is in component groups. I've never had such an easy time cleaning internals before. Aside from that, being able to rapidly convert it between calibers makes it a bullet-hoarders dream. Oh, about that, I have yet to find an ammo brand that it won't eat without cycling.

CONS: The frams are STUPID light, and the weight even with full mags feels like it's all on top of or just in front of your knuckles when shooting. It took a little patience to overcome it, but now that I'm comfortable with the thing I shoot palm-size groups at 15 yards consistently.
>>
>>28370190
The carry and the compact use the same slides. The difference is that that the carry uses a slightly longer frame to accommodate the 17 round magazines ( the compact uses 15)
>>
>>28370008

Anon, FYI, Safariland makes Level III holsters for the P320 now...in both full and compact.
>>
>>28369965
I've been trying to convince my Sig contact to get Sig to start playing with designer colors for the frames. Fuck, they want to sell this whole modularity concept? Let me make a pimp pistol!

Fuck, it's not as retarded as their stupid tribal etching, or trojan cringiness.
>>
>>28370362
When the fuck is the 45 conversions coming out? And what about the 22 conversion? They did it for the 250, I want it for the 320!
>>
>>28370387
A good question, anon. I'm waiting for those myself. This Kel-Tec like slowness Sig has had with regards to rolling out P320 Xchange kits and various and sundry parts is fucking annoying.
>>
>>28370438
The day they release that shit I'll throw $1200 easy at them. And I'll shit myself if they do a 22 kit for it.
>>
they also have an oper8r af flat trigger for it now.
>>
>>28370558
Tell me moar about this trigger ?
>>
>>28370362
>as their stupid tribal etching, or trojan cringiness.
>trojan
>>
>>28372504
Spartan, Trojan, ehhh, whatever. It's gay as fuck, dude.
>>
>>28372858
>ehhh, whatever. It's gay as fuck, dude.

That's ancient Greece for you.
>>
>>28368441
I absolutely adore mine. I held one in Cabelas last year and knew I needed it. I managed to snag one for $600 after taxes in March and I completely fell in love. And as much as I love my Px4, the P320 is honestly a completely better gun.

>>28370558
I shall be buying this.
>>
File: Sigs-2.jpg (678 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sigs-2.jpg
678 KB, 1920x1080
>>28368441

Haven't shot mine yet but can confirm the grips are awesome on both the Full size and Subcompact. There is a huge difference in size between the two models.

The caliber x-change kits are cool and not really a gimmick, but would be perfect if they sold the trigger group assembly separate for $180. I love the system and think it's great for a big range gun and small carry gun.

The trigger is excellent as almost everyone will tell you and the gun actually balances nicely. It does NOT feel top-heavy like most other Sigs and especially not like the SP2022.

I don't know if link-related is a misprint but you need to not think and but this RIGHT NOW.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/719003104
>>
File: Sigs.jpg (842 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sigs.jpg
842 KB, 1920x1080
>>28374769

I had a hard time choosing between the PPQ, VP9 and P320 but I found the 320 to have the best weight/balance and grip size for me. I'm trying to find flaws with mine but I can't, and I'm very picky when it comes to guns.

As a subjective opinion, I think the slide profile is MUCH more attractive than the PPQ and VP9 which are shaped like a triangle and on the PPQ especially looks ugly as hell.
>>
>>28374792
>As a subjective opinion, I think the slide profile is MUCH more attractive than the PPQ and VP9 which are shaped like a triangle and on the PPQ especially looks ugly as hell.

I've always felt the Walther PPQs look like custom shop Hi-Points. Everything about them looks ugly and plain uncomfortable.
>>
File: IMG_5995.jpg (63 KB, 577x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5995.jpg
63 KB, 577x1024
I love my p320 compact. It is a very good gun m8. I r8 8/8
>>
>>28376325

Yeah dude, sucks that the trigger is so perfect because they're disgusting otherwise. VP9 was really underwhelming to me too, but I like the looks of the P30.
>>
>>28368441
just by a cz faggot
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.