[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/ Military Enlistment General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: what the shit.gif (358 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
what the shit.gif
358 KB, 500x281
/You know what? I wasn't going to do this but after all this shit, FUCK IT! I am this way because of the goddamned children and all the fucking idiot enablers like YOU. I am fucking sick of all of your goddmamn shit, you fucking pieces of shit!!!!!! Your kind has kept me down form day one, and I am not taking your shit anymore, FUCK YOU, FUCK your generatlion and FUCK your political correctness agenda, you'll have to wait until we die off for this shit to actually sell, not that there is no shortage of morons to out vote those few of us left on the important issues. Your kind had better fuck off and stay out of my way from now on. If I encounter anyone who remotely talks like you, you are the first. You did this./ Edition

>IRC Channel

#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.con
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

OP template
http://pastebin.com/qPhgHFmK

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

Ask questions, answer questions, bitch about Air Force recruiters. Just keep it contained to this general

I hope you're happy, Anon-kun
>>
reposting this cuz last thread over 320:

Sup /k/

I'm about to get a Math AS at 24.

My original plan was to transfer to a uni, and finish up a mech engineering degree.

But now I have been considering joining the Navy or AF, ambition to get started in something compels me. I'm losing my patience being in school and want to start working something meaningful. After joining, I will take advantage of the GI bill and finish my degree, eventually.

What should i do? how does being on reserve work? does my associates degree mean anything in terms of pay or jobs/mos/rating?

Thanks in advance
>>
File: meg.gif (284 KB, 346x367) Image search: [Google]
meg.gif
284 KB, 346x367
>>28364554
Apparently people don't like fat hippo shoops...

so you can use this for the next OP
>>
>>28364654
>how does being on reserve work?

It means that you do nothing one weekend a month.

>does my associates degree mean anything in terms of pay or jobs/mos/rating?

The credits will affect your starting rank. How much depends on branch.
>>
>>28364759
i'd slow it down a bit, hard to read the lulz

>40 minute mile
>how to spec ops?

kekd
>>
I was thinking about enlisting as an cryptologic technician in the navy, but I have a misdemeanor marijuana charge on my record from when I was a juvenile, I went through a pre-trial diversion program and the charges were dropped, does that disqualify me for being a CT?
>>
>>28364554
Is it possible to get option 4 on an 11b contract, or would I have to end up signing as 11x?
>>
File: meg2.gif (248 KB, 496x391) Image search: [Google]
meg2.gif
248 KB, 496x391
>>28364776
>i'd slow it down a bit, hard to read
Is this better?
>>
>>28364808
If the charges were dropped, then it doesn't matter and officially it never happened.

>>28364878
I'm almost positive that it is. Everyone just talks about opt 40 because /k/ wants to be rangarz. Opt 40 guarantee you going to RASP, which means you have to go to airborne school first, but it's a lot harder to get as there are a lot fewer. If you just want to be airborne, opt 4 is pretty easy to get.
>>
>>28364885
You know what? I wasn't going to say this but after all these shittym way to fast gifs, FUCK IT! I am this mad because of the goddamned children and all the fucking idiot gif makers like YOU. I am fucking sick of all of your goddmamn shit, you fucking pieces of shit!!!!!! Your kind has kept me down form day one, and I am not taking your shit anymore, FUCK YOU, FUCK your generatlion and FUCK your too fast for me to read gif making agenda, you'll have to wait until we die off for this gifs to actually be slow enough to read, not that there is no shortage of morons to keep making these really sped up gifs. Your kind had better fuck off and stay out of my way from now on. If I encounter anyone who remotely makes gifs like you, you are the first. You did this.
>>
>>28364916
Thank you my man

I don't get why everyone creams themselves over being a ranger either. It has a 70% attrition rate or some shit.
>>
>>28364949
>It has a 70% attrition rate or some shit.

that's why right there.
>>
What are the types of addons can you get with different contracts? Specifically looking at 68W but interested in seeing what 11x's can get
Like:
op4 - Airborne
op40 - Ranger

What others are out there?
>>
>>28364965
They want to prove they can beat the odds?
Noble, but lol most of them will fail. I suppose one should always aim high however.
>>
>>28364949
Because it's cool. I totally understand. I cream myself over how cool PJs are. I know I'm not very cut out for it though.
>>
whats more fun 11b or 13f? what mos do you get to the most sneakin around in the field?
>>
>>28364654
Air Force active duty in tech school here.

In AF your associates will earn you the rank of E-3.

The military generally doesn't give a fuck what your degree was in, I had lots of biology and chemistry training and i got pmel which is math heavy.

The AF will generally encourage you to progress through college while active duty, you also get some aid to take classes even before your GI bill kicks in.

Don't know shit about reserve.
>>
So assuming an 11b option 40 pipeline, when will one start using boots? Will you ever do PT in boots? With a lot of time available would it be benificial to buy and break in boots before going in? Are those Nike boots a gimmick or are they actually a good, light weight, minimal support boot?
Also tell me that I'm never going to make it and that I should enjoy sweeping parking lots in the 82nd.
>>
Some guy in a previous thread said he was temporarily DQ'd for having (presumably pretty severe) acne on his chest. What's the point at which that becomes a problem? Because I've got fairly significant acne on my back.
>>
File: William Bonney cover6.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
William Bonney cover6.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>tfw mexico still has the draft
>tfw I'm barely strong enough to open a heavy door
Aye Caramba
>>
>>28364989
>I suppose one should always aim high however.

if you aim low you're always going to hit low. and it's doable, we know this because guys do it.

and also it sounds like a fucking cool lifestyle, although their ops tempo is declining apparently. ricky was talking about it in one of his threads a long time back. fucking hardcore.
>>
>>28365116
>Also tell me that I'm never going to make it and that I should enjoy sweeping parking lots in the 82nd.

You're never going to make it and you should enjoy sweeping parking lots in the 82nd?
>>
>>28365116

>Also tell me that I'm never going to make it and that I should enjoy sweeping parking lots in the 82nd.

Anything is possible with hard work, dedication, and the right attitude and if you've got a dream you shouldn't take someone else's word for it that you can't achieve it :) I believe in you Anon!!! Ganbatte!!!
>>
>>28365116
You will start using boots as soon as they are issued to you very soon after you arrive at basic. It might be worthwhile to wear boots beforehand if you think you'll have a hard time adjusting to them, but you won't be allowed to use your broken-in boots, you will be required to use the brand new boots that will be issued to you. If you're talking about the Nike boots I think you are, then yes, because they are in regs for the military and are used in active duty. I'm pretty sure the most popular (read:comfiest) milreg boots for rucking are made by UnderArmor.

>>28365225
draft, or mandatory service?
>>
>>28365312
Mandatory Service I think but I don't know how that differs from the draft
>>
>>28365280
Thank you kindly.
>>
>>28365312
Is it only basic that you have to use the issued boots? Do you ruck in basic?
>>
>>28365303
Thank you anon. I know but if I include that in my post it stops all of the people that crawl out of the woodwork to say it.
>>28365312
When will you be allowed to use your own boots (provided they are in regs) and thank you for pointing me towards the UA
>>
>>28365326
Draft means that a draft can be instituted where a lottery will call up adult men to be do required service in defense of the country. Mandatory service would be everyone being required to do 2 years or something after they turn 18 or before they are 30 or something, regardless of whether there is a war. Meaning most people just shit around in a garrison during peacetime to get their mandatory service done.

>>28365347
>>28365387
You won't ruck in basic. You will ruck at AIT if you have an infantry/SOF MOS. You can start using personally purchased once you reach your first permanent unit I believe.
>>
>>28365416
Here in Wetbackistan we're required to do about 3 years after the age of 18. I'm not ready, anon. war or no war, basic training will shred me.
>>
>>28365416
Would that include 68W AIT? I know we're not really infantry but we're not really POGs either..

Plus I'd like to ruck(but properly, not just winging it) so I can better be a better candidate for Airborne/RASP

>>28365433
Then become a fuckin tranny, you're basically a woman as it is
>>
>>28365336
you're welcome, i guess

you're not going to ask me to start spitting on you and slapping you and shit now are you?
>>
>>28365447
I don't think you will do anything beyond normal PT at 68w AIT. They will teach you rucking at airborne school. It's okay not to be great at rucking when you go to airborne, because it's not selection, it's training, and one of the things you will be trained in is rucking. If you want to prepare yourself, consider getting into backpacking. And kudos for wanting to do it properly and carefully.
>>
I'm back until the 2nd to dispense advice if anyone is trying to get in shape before they ship.
>>
>>28365447
>Plus I'd like to ruck(but properly, not just winging it) so I can better be a better candidate for Airborne/RASP

probably the best thing you can do is just get really really fit. long slow distance and short high intensity distance as well. run hills. build up a strength base. do some good tramps or just haul a pack to the top of some hills and shit to learn what it feels like. do not try to run with a pack straight away. you will fuck yourself up.

it's easier to get it back then develope it, so even if you lose condition in basic the more you do now the easier it will be later.
>>
>>28365447
As the other anon said backpacking is a pretty good way to familiarize yourself with carrying a heavy pack. Also, core strength is really important for rucking, more than most people realize.
>>
Anyone ever been in the peace corps?
>>
>>28365533
get the fuck out
>>
>>28365490
>>28365507
>>28365527
Thanks guys
>>28365527
>core strength is really important for rucking
That's where I believe the weight lifting comes in, so much core development there, especially with balancing heavy weights on the squat/press/dead/row
>>28365490
>I don't think you will do anything beyond normal PT at 68w AIT
durn
>>
>>28365587
All 4 lifts you mentioned will help you a lot with rucking, especially squat and deadlift. Nothing else builds full-body strength that's good for rucking like those two lifts, but make sure you use perfect form or you can really hurt yourself. Planks help as well, and they help balance out the lower back emphasis that squats and deadlift have.
>>
>>28365587
68w bro, it's the other guy with finger tats! To answer your questions I'm shooting for an 11x and my pt is right 16 min 2 mile, 75 push ups and around 70 sit ups. I just rucked a 6 mile tonight after work at right around an hour and fifteen with 45 lbs coincidentally haha
>>
>>28365642
>finger tats

Not in my fucking Army
>>
>>28365642
LOL I'm surprised you remember me. Let's go bowling, 11x cousin! I can't remember, are you shipping soon, or are you DEPS for a while?

>>28365654
Go shitpost somewhere else, ausfag
>>
>>28365654
Yup, 10 removal sessions later and they're almost nonexistent, so soon I will be in ur fucking army m8 :-)
>>
>>28365680
Haha my recruiter said we can't even start anything until the tats come off but he advised me to keep running and working at trying to max the apft out, that 6 min mile is going to kill me haha. Were you able to start any paper work while removing your tattoos?
>>
File: brs.jpg (198 KB, 512x654) Image search: [Google]
brs.jpg
198 KB, 512x654
>>28365680
no, you.
i like it here

>>28365686
Good on you for showing you are actually committed to joining.
>>
>>28365686
Fuck you, you bratty child.
>>
>>28365715
Thanks bro, my body is partially ready lol
>>
File: 1443525642324.png (1 MB, 1270x690) Image search: [Google]
1443525642324.png
1 MB, 1270x690
>>28365725
hey, mate, no need to be angry at this gentleman's determination for joining.

he could have gone RAAF if he wanted to keep his finger tats badly
>>
File: 1446881842320.jpg (417 KB, 2048x1224) Image search: [Google]
1446881842320.jpg
417 KB, 2048x1224
>>28365733
Done your YOU session and Assessment day yet?

whatcha goin for?
>inb4 engineer
>>
>>28364554
Holy shit, that's edition is me in a nutshell.
>>
>>28365762
I might have confused people along the way but I'm American lol
Also shooting for an 11x op40
>>
>>28365769
im not sure i understand who it's directed at
>>
FFL #1!
>>
>>28365779
I forgot that no Australians browse /k/
>>
>>28365686
fug 10? Were your knuckles professionally done? Large? I've purchased 4 sessions for mine, but they were shitty stick n pokes so I'm hoping it won't take more than that... Then again it's been 4 weeks since my first session and I can barely see any changes

I've already sliced one of them off, I suppose I can do the same for the rest if need be. That wasn't very fun though, fairly painful and took a month to heal....

>>28365711
>Were you able to start any paper work while removing your tattoos?
Nope, my recruiter gave me the practice ASVAB(I think my score was the only reason she kept talking to me) and asked about medical issues but basically said come back once they're gone.

My PT isn't as good as yours but I've got at least another 3 months before they're gone so I'll be catchin up real soon.
>>
>>28365794
core blimey guvnuh we got emus to shoot too, shiela blimey m8
>>
>>28365780
It's from the previous thread.
>>
Was thinking about joining the National Guard. Pros and Cons?
>>
>>28366108
It's different for every state.
>>
File: 1446816719778.jpg (33 KB, 330x457) Image search: [Google]
1446816719778.jpg
33 KB, 330x457
>>28365897
Struth, damo
these seppos dont appreciate them boomie sticks that we need to scoop blighted abo shielas with
>>
File: BHEfeh.jpg (224 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BHEfeh.jpg
224 KB, 1024x768
Former Army National Guardsman here. I did 6 years, and one deployment before my time was up. Didn't reenlist because I hated my MOS but I wasn't a shitbird, no bad history and I have an Honorable Discharge.

I am thinking of joining the Navy because it is a family tradition and it offers jobs more pertinient to my interests. I had a 99 on my asvab and I was told I could have had any job I wanted in the Navy.

Now I am looking at the highly technical job, hopefully something nuclear, I also want to be an Officer, and full time NOT a reservist.

tl;dr What does a former NG enlisted with Honorable discharge gotta do to become a Nuke fields Officer in the Active Navy?

I want to go to college too, is ROTC an option?
>>
Anyone have any questions about the US Navy's basic training? I just finished roughly 3 weeks ago.
>>
File: 65856435544.jpg (382 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
65856435544.jpg
382 KB, 1200x800
If I went through RASP or the Q Course as a support MOS, what would I do after getting out?
>>
>>28366977
RASP? You would do that support MOS as a Ranger. Q course? You'd be reclassed to 18whatever and do that instead of your previous MOS.

Rangers are just a unit that regular MOSs can go into, SF has their own set of MOSs (but still use others for support).
>>
File: Shion.gif (258 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Shion.gif
258 KB, 640x360
>>28364759
Her name should be Megu.
>>
>>28366977
You're confusing RASP and Ranger School.

Ranger school is the leadership course. You get a Ranger tab on your shoulder and you go back to your unit. Any MOS can do this.

RASP is the Ranger selection course. You pass this course and you go to the Regiment.
>>
>>28366972
How gay is it?
>>
>>28365800
Yeah mine were stick and pokes as well on 8 of my fingers, I've still got about two months left until they're completely gone so I'm right there with you, what I would do though because I didn't see any changes really until they did was to bump you up to the stronger laser, they normally use the weaker one to see how your skin type reacts but I swear to god that after session 7 or 8 with the big laser they improved drastically and if they only have one laser I would ask if you get bumped up to a stronger wavelength. It'll save you way more money. Each session for me is 200 bucks and I've done 10 so far so you can see how much money I basically threw away haha
>>
>>28365505
Thoughts on military athletes on ramp program?
>>
>>28365578
kek
>>
>>28367101
Not as gay as you'd believe. The Navy is one of the less macho services. Paradoxically, the more macho the service, the gayer.

In the Marine Corps you end up with bizarre situations where two Marines are jerking each other off while looking each other in the eye and calling each other faggot.
>>
>>28367150
How much soap on a rope would you suggest bringing to Navy Basic Training?
>>
>>28367157
All toiletries, personal care items and sexual aids are provided by the Navy.

Navy-issued Astroglide is rough stuff, though. Most people buy a jug of it from the NEX as soon as they can.
>>
Was talking to the Navy for fucking months.
Got sick of terrible recruiter.
Went next door to the Army and they said I wasn't the first. Said that people wold try 7-9 months to get to MEPS with this recruiter and then the Army would get them sworn in with their contract within 3 weeks total.
Said I want ranger and he said he should be able to get me my 11x Option 40.
Pretty hyped
>>
>>28367188
What if they're working together? The Navy recruiter might be purposely shitty to swell the Army's ranks.

All in line with the Great Reptillian Jew's plans.
>>
>>28367188
I think it just depends on the location. We had people come into our Navy office because they were tired of dealing with Army and Air Force recruiters.
>>
>>28367205
Long as I get my option 40 i don't mind serving the reptilians
>>28367223
I know for sure it's location. I know not all recruiters are the same but I'll be fucked if that Navy recruiter didn't waste my time.
>>
>>28367188
>he said he should be able to get me my 11x Option 40.

Some recruiters will say literally anything.

One of my former shipmates did a shore duty as a recruiter, he said that if you take 10 guys who want to be SEALs (but obviously never will be), five will stick around for another rating if you tell them later in the process that they don't have any openings in BUD/S (yet); but if you tell those guys straight-up that they have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than ever becoming SEALs, they'll turn right around and tell the Army recruiter they want to be Rangers.

You just have to pierce the veil of the millennials' self-delusion.
>>
>>28367266
I've already heard this story a billion times friendo.
I'm not going to MEPS without my 11xOption40.
I have a childhood buddy already in the 75th guiding me.
>>
>>28367266
Your attitude is the reason I never signed papers for a opt 40. Stop ruining my life.
>>
>>28367284
My attitude is the reason your dreams go unfulfilled. I never realized I had such power over people.

>>28367281
>I'm not going to MEPS without my 11xOption40.
>I have a childhood buddy already in the 75th guiding me.

Good for you. Don't take shit from no one. Be prepared to fail, though. The Rangers don't take people just because they really want it and you're a PT stud. It's a mindset they're looking for. You either have it or you don't. You can't train it. The 82nd Airborne is composed nearly entirely of men who wanted to be Rangers, but their qualifications stopped at desire and being PT studs.
>>
How hard is it to get an option 40 now that the military is downsizing?
>>
>>28367322
Surprisingly easy. The Ranger regiment needs to be kept at full-strength as our reliance on Special Operations forces increases.
>>
>>28367301
Well dad, when all I ever wanted to do was impress you, yeah. Your words mean everything to me, and I have been fighting to gain your respect for years. I thought after doing four years of infentry you would finnaly say your proud of me, but you didn't. Then I said I wanted to go for rangers and you turned your head and scoffed.. WHEN WILL I BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!
>>
>>28367359
When you get a college education and a real job and stop delaying your adulthood by playing toy soldiers during peacetime.
>>
These fucking threads, I swear.

They always come back around to
>What's the secret password I tell the recruiter to make me an operator?
>>
File: 139837033058.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
139837033058.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>28367403
>protip: its 4 U
>>
>>28367223
like me. i was the guy from last thread with sgt. shiiiet boo. seriously contemplating asking for a new recruiter or trying a new branch
>>
Since I have been in for 15 years total, split between Active Army, Reserves and National Guard I offer some advice.
If you have high scores on the ASVAB do EOD. Regardless of branch, its fun and if you get out as ling as you stay in that field the least you will make is 90k a year.
Intell is a good field to, but not as fun as EOD.
Infantry is hands down the best job if you like to shoot, it will also prepare you for SF selection (which leads to Delta if thats where you want to go) and Ranger.
If you are going to do Reserves do PSYOP, Maint, transportation. If there is a war, you will go (true for all MOS's bit more true for these three).
The ONLY MOS that doesnt deploy is Rail cargo. Anyone who says any other MOS cant be deployed is lying or doesnt know any better (I know a cyber warfare guy that has been deployed several times, working out all day every day in Iraw is still deployed to iraq.

If you wany to see nice places n the world and kill people, join coast guard. Hands down the highest chances of havinn a one sided firefight are these guys. Everyone has a battle station regardless of job.

Marines do lots of fun shit, but be prepared to be fucked with for no reason.

Navy has lots of jibs that are not at sea.

Airforece has a few cool jobs. The rest are support for airplanes.
>>
File: BlackHawk.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
BlackHawk.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of doing the 'Street to Seat' Army Aviation program. Flying helos sounds pretty damn cool.

I also heard that you can become a reserve pilot for your state. My recruiter told me the only real limit is there aren't as many options in terms of which helos you might fly.

Also, what about the Guard? Do they have a Street to Seat program? What helos do they fly?
>>
File: 1451317635830.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1451317635830.gif
3 MB, 320x240
Is it not normal for many recruits to run 2 miles in under 10 minutes? My pb was a 4:50 1st mile, and a solid 5 minute second. Are most of you just those faggots that I overlapped in highschool?
>>
>>28367284
You make your own destiny, you pussy, don't blame someone else because you quit
>>
>>28367423
LOL
>>
File: mdLga[1].png (77 KB, 712x825) Image search: [Google]
mdLga[1].png
77 KB, 712x825
>>28367527

Natty Guard has the WOFT program, unless you're top 5-8 guys in your class you're flying blackhawks anyways.
>>
>>28367543
Nah bro, average is right around the 8 minute mark lmao aka me, but you also probably weigh like what 150? You're basically moving at light speed at that pace lol
>>
>>28367543
10:00 2mile is world class in the army
>>28367527
Good luck with that bs. Get in Rotc and apply to flight school
>>
>>28367630
>>28367625
Kek, ur right I weigh 154 at 5'11. I just used to do wrestling and track in highschool so I was forced to condition under 10 minutes and stay under 150lbs or get cut.
>>
>>28367630

I've already graduated college, so no ROTC for me.
>>
>>28367505
>If you have high scores on the ASVAB do EOD.

Advice is outdated as fuck, bro. EOD has been vastly overmanned for 4~ years now. Enjoy getting through one of the toughest training pipelines in the military and then not being able to do your job.

> Anyone who says any other MOS cant be deployed is lying or doesnt know any better (I know a cyber warfare guy that has been deployed several times, working out all day every day in Iraw is still deployed to iraq.

Only way you're getting deployed as cyber is if you beg for it your entire career. Generally you have to be E7+. If someone tells you different they probably aren't actually in a cyber warfare job.
>>
>>28367671
Ok OCS then whatever
>>
>>28367630
>>28367671

ROTC is a way shittier path to flying helos than WOFT. Warrants are guaranteed to be pilots, get to fly more, and get to fly longer.

If you really want to do ROTC you can do it via grad school though.
>>
>>28367660
Lol yeah I thought so, I'm right at 210 and running a 8 min mile, I need to ace the APFT for reasons so I need to be running a 6 min pace basically and so I'm going to cut down to 180 just so I can hustle faster haha
>>
>>28367695

Really dumb idea if you want to fly.
>>
any air force guys on? i'm reading about enlisting and it says once you're in, you're automatically enrolled in air force community college. any insight into this? i was thinking about taking night classes while in the army anyway. does this come out of gibill or is it separate?
>>
>>28367703
do it mangg
>>
>>28367711
>you're automatically enrolled in air force community college

This is true.

A lot of the classes you have to take for your MOS are through CCAF. You get an associate's degree in one of five majors they offer (all of which, of course are Air Force related, like missile maintenance).

This is separate from the GI Bill. You still get that. Most larger schools are also pretty good about taking CCAF transfer credit.
>>
File: 1451411671106.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1451411671106.gif
3 MB, 320x240
Just how hard is EOD?
>>
>>28367860
i looked at their different courses, do you get to choose? i'm looking at IN1X1 and IC6X1. there's not a lot of "intel" stuff at the afcc, could one just take a language to help them with a career with an agency after they get out? or are the courses chosen for you?
>>
>>28367902
Some of their courses are mandatory for your job, some are voluntary. Most of the courses you take are chosen for you.

Honestly, the real benefit is that they are courses you won't have to take when you go to Flyover State to get your real degree. Most employers see "community college" and immediately skip over it.
>>
>>28367708
navy ocs has a high acceptance rate for pilot slots
>>
>>28367935
are you air force? what was your MOS? is it like a typical college setting or more like AIT? do you walk away with an associates degree? how does missile maintenance transfer to regular college credits i wonder
>>
>>28365266
Declining how?
>>
>>28367969
Less conflicts = less deployments.

For most people, that just means ain't nobody getting deployed. For SOF, that just means less than they used to. Thus, lower optempo.
>>
File: MFR2.jpg (76 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
MFR2.jpg
76 KB, 600x429
Besides sticking to a week-long routine of cardio, calisthenics, and swimming - what are some things that a Marine Force Recon hopeful should do to prepare himself?

I know BRC is basically a break-off session from start to finish, so there's only so much I can do. But, I want to do whatever I can.

I refuse to half-ass anything.
>>
>>28368042
Ruck
>>
>>28365578

top_kek
>>
>>28367700

I've heard you should hold off Grad School because you can go for free if you're in the Army. I know 3 guys who were Army Officers who went for free.

Question I just thought of... can Warrant Officers get the same program? Or only commissioned officers?
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 540x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 540x380
Not sure if this belongs here but does anyone know anything about joining up with a Militia? Any in the Southwest/California area? I've been thinking about joining one when Im I get out.

Anybody here know about Militias or is in one?
>>
>>28368195
go border patrol
>>
>>28368163
Only commissioned. Warrants can use tuition assistance, just like enlisted.
>>
>>28368195

Don't join a militia, please dear god, they are not what you think
>>
>>28367863
Physically, there aren't any fuck-fuck games. Aside from your service's PT standard, there aren't any abstract evaluations or weed-out sessions. All the physicality comes from having to do the training scenerios. You have to hammer stuff with a sledge hammer, pick up ~100lb stuff, work in bomb, chemical, and radiation protection gear- and often do that outside for extended periods in the sun and sand.

The biggest thing is that the physical difficulties feed into the mental difficulties. You must continue to be precise and have a sharp mind throughout the whole process. It's not like a ruckmarch or something where you can just zone out mentally and do ok so long as you finish in time. This is where a lot of people fail, they lose precision or track of small things they need to do. Sometimes people freak out and get frustrated, which causes a downward spiral from which there is no recovery during a training scenario.

I have supervised initial entry bombsuit tests where somebody will be in the suit for about 30 minutes and be doing ok picking up objects and walking and such, but we take them up to a whiteboard to solve gradeschool math and their face goes blank. Got to keep it together.
>>
File: 1448301818729.jpg (128 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1448301818729.jpg
128 KB, 1024x768
>25 days until ship date

Feels pretty weird
>>
>>28368341
Care to expand on that? I'd really like to know, is it just more games like in the actual military?
>>
>>28368353
In the classroom, it feels about equal to a college course. It really does- you take notes, you listen to lectures, and your instructors generally treat you as a person (especially the further along in the course you get). There are no screaming Drill Sergeant stereotypes. You do the lecture, you take some exams, then you do practice scenerios where an instructor will guide you. During your practical evaluations, the instructors act invisible until it's over (and they will let the test run until you call it done or time is up, even if you fail in the first minute) and then they tell you if you passed or failed. If you failed, they aren't mad, just disappointed.

Strong study skills and the ability to visualize mechanics are the most important skills.

Also of course, not freaking out about handling live explosives. A lot of people think it's no big deal up until they get told to hold a blasting cap, then they start sweating and can't take it. Live explosives are one of the first segments of training because they want to weed out people nervous about them right away.

After school, you know a lot, but when you get to a unit you learn how little you know and basically have to start learning all over. At this point, your EOD status can still be rescinded if you show yourself as unable to function in a unit.
>>
>>28367690
Check USAjobs for EOD jobs then come back and talk to me.

Also
>Cyberwarfare had a BN deployed to Iraq.
>Must have been a lot of E7s?
>>28367863
I never did EOD but from what my buddies in it told me, there was a lot of math involved and a lot of PT wearing the bomb suit during training. For day to day life and deployments they had it pretty sweet.
>Someone finds a bomb
>You use a robot to make it not explode
>you figure out how it was made
>You blow it up somewhere safe.
>On rare occassions you actually go hands on with a bomb and hope you dont die.
>>
>>28368195
Dont join them
>>
>>28368163
There's several programs to go to grad school on the Army's dime. I'm enlisted and they paid for mine via a combination of TA and training.

The "we are going to assign you to college for the next two years" thing is usually for officers, but enlisted can use some of those programs too. Usually costs another 4+ years of service to do it though.
>>
>>28368415

>Sweet EOD jobs
The ones you can't get with no experience because you went EOD and never actually got to do your job? K.

>Cyberwarfare BN

There are two of those in existence, neither has ever deployed. You just don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>28368608
3-5 years in the military as EOD doesnt count? Hmmmm yeah no Gov agency would want to hire you after going to very expensive training, and its not like the military ever does concurent training through the year....or ever has explosives not go off for you to actually work on.

>No cyber bn has ever deployed.
Wrong. You are thinking of commands not BNs.

Well jack it looks like you are wrong on all counts
>>
>>28368651
Ayy yo, to both you guys arguing, some input: Most places looking to hire former EOD are looking for former Team Leaders, which are E5/E6 and up. Team members have gone through extensive training and possibly deployments, but team leaders are both experienced and have a vetted verification that they can *run* an emergency response scene, not just be part of the response. In-country, sometimes Team Members end up with a lot of responsibility, especially on teams operating remotely, but there isn't a record of that on paper.

Also, from what guys who have wroked for places like UXB tell me, they are looking for at least senior badges. This partially overlaps with looking for team leaders, but they also want people with experience, and say an Army E5 who went through the EOD course then quickly got team leader certified is not ideal material.

Some LEO have very strange bombsquad practices. Often, people applying must spend a year or 18 months in some other LEO job before applying to bombsquad. With EOD creditals, getting into the bombsquad is often a rubber stamp, but having to wait for that time as a regular cop is a turn-off to a lot of EOD who have no interest in policing and just want to keep doing explosives work. LEO also have a wonky Hazardous Devices School which they place more faith in, despite it being a joke compared to the military school. Even so, sometimes they look at military EOD as being not applicable to US bombsquad work (ignoring the fact that military EOD regularly operate in the US).

DoD is mostly interested in master badges and especially people who have worked on the intelligence collection and analysis side of the job.
Ditto for USSS.

Honestly, a basic badge EOD tech getting out of the military doesn't have a huge chance of getting immediate explosives related work unless they know somebody. The best thing you get out of the job are the loads and loads of side credentials that accumulate with the job.
>>
>>28368651
>3-5 years in the military as EOD doesnt count?

No, they don't. MOS credentials mean fuck-all to civilian employers if you don't have actual experience to back it up. Nobody gives a shit if you managed to make it through AIT when you spend the rest of your career sweeping and wishing there was an open spot on an actual team so you could do something.

>Wrong. You are thinking of commands not BNs.

Nope, battalions. You're probably thinking of signal or intel units, not cyber units.
>>
>>28368733
Thats a better argment than >hurr no eod jobs

Anyway: so long as you have the certs for EOD you are marketable. Its not like its a huge community where anyone can get that training from a civilian school.

You might not jump right over to the DOJto do cool guy stuff. But there are jobs out there. The TSSE guy I knew left the Army after 4 years of being EOD, got into a PD as a bomb guy, then got into his TSSE gig. Not a bad route.
>>
>>28368195
Be super tryhard at cosplay and the militias will come to you.
>>
>>28368810
It's a good support, but not something to lead with. Like many other things, it either doesn't translate well into the civilian world or it gives skills people don't care about.

You won't get super sexy military or PMCs contract jobs as a basic badge. It's about the same as an 11b without connections thinking he's going to get picked up for expensive PMC work. It might have happened in 2003, not going to happen in 2015/2016. People get big heads and think they are going to get special treatment because they touched IEDs.

*If* you have other skills though, EOD is a good sort of background. Personally I went and got most of an electrical engineering degree, which folded in nicely with EOD skills. I was able to lead with my in-progess college education and then back it up with AIED training involving fairly complex circuits to explain why I'd been out of the job market so long. It's about marketing, and for a technical company I marketed myself hard on the electronics nerd and electronic report writing angle and left the "OMG I WORKED ON BOMBS!" stuff out on my pitch.

But yeah, there are many angles. I know a basic badge who got out, started his own tactical equipment company and is selling useless EOD widgets to the military for a tidy profit.
>>
>>28368195
Agreed with the others.
There is a ridiculous amount of people making "militia". Here in Arkansas, it's a clusterfuckfest.
There is one that I like, it's all current and retired combat troops and they're not really looking for joiners. Most people who seek out militias are wannabe's and cryhards.
>muh freedom
>muh rights
>whats trigger discipline?
>call signs?
>training, wat?
>>
>>28368817
So like an airsoft sort of thing but with actual weapons? Why do people join up in a militia then? My idea of militias was like the Bundy Ranch group, was I naive for thinkig that?
>>
>>28368916
Idk....you might get a PMC gig. I had one for a bit, and it was with just my 37F MOS....but that was in 09.
Still, it opens doors. And I stand by my original statement about it being a good career move for after the Army....in sme cases thats when yoir 23 in others when you are 38.

>>28368800
Errrrr.....well maybe....,still, there are a lot of guys that have told me their MOS cant deploy and then I find them in Iraq.
>>
>>28369387
how do intel positions go in pmcs? are they basically just buying your clearance? do they also have imagery and signals analysts?
>>
>>28365055
How easy is it in the AF, generally, to go to school while doing your duties?
>>
Would 35F or 35Q better lead into getting into the FBI when I'm out? Is one significantly more likely to get stuck in sandland?
>>
>>28369914
i'm looking at 35g (and the equivalent jobs in other branches) for NGO type agencies
>>
>>28366972
What kind of PT did you do? What Navy stuff do they teach you? Just ranks/decorum? Ship classes? What's your rating?
>>
>>28369914
Q is better if you want to ride a desk for the FBI, and much less likely to deploy (as in, you have to suck a lot of dick if you even want the chance).
>>
How long until you can keep any personal firearms on base without keeping them at an armory?
>>
>>28369973
That's perfect, thanks Anon.
>>
>>28367134
I'm not familiar with it. I'm not particularly well versed with the military, I just lurk here to help people get in shape. The running and calisthenics programs the military uses are all pretty good though.
>>
>>28369979
The military is never, ever going to let you keep personal firearms in the barracks.

If you join and live in housing, you can keep them there already.
>>
>>28367322
As the other anon said, pretty much the same as it was before, since SOF isn't really shrinking.

>>28367949
why is that?

>>28368195
honeypot pls go
If you're serious, militias are more likely to be retards from /k/ fucking around getting themselves on terrorist watch lists
>>
>>28370004
How long until an unaccompanied guy qualifies for housing?
>>
>>28369979
more than 50,000 years yet
>>
>>28370100
never, unless you're an officer
>>
File: never ever ever.jpg (83 KB, 628x628) Image search: [Google]
never ever ever.jpg
83 KB, 628x628
>>28370100
>>
>>28370062
fuck if i know, thats the impression i got from the airwarriors site. and my recruiter told me the navys hurting for pilots and NFOs
>>
File: 1448672302127.jpg (30 KB, 426x374) Image search: [Google]
1448672302127.jpg
30 KB, 426x374
Recruiter called me and said I'm leaving January 25th with a recon contract, kinda worried, kinda not, kinda just ready to leave. Am I fucked
>>
>>28370100
Depends on branch. Generally around the time you make E5/6 though. 4-5 years in.
>>
>>28370216
Fug.

Guess I'll have to keep my two old rifles at my family's home while I'm in the dorms.
>>
>>28369979
in the glove box m8
>>
>>28370216
You are now aware that average time to E6 in the Air Force is 10 years.
>>
>>28370343
If you live in the barracks, they make you register all firearms that you bring on post, and generally lock them in the company arms room.
>>
>>28370343
They're old bolt-actions, they wouldn't fit even if I tried.
>>
>>28370547
then leave them with your parents or lie off base or something
>>
>>28369530
My intel buddies all work in places they wont tell me about.
37F isnt intel its Psyop but...
Use your MOS to get rank, at some pont you will get a TS. Thats where the moneyis. CIA, NSA and civilian companies all want guys with a TS. Janitors at these places make like 70k because they have a TS so I am sure intel guys with a TS make bank too.
>>28370128
When the Barracks is full and you are at least an E4 in good standing.
>>28370503
You may also store them at a friends house or n a storage place. Arms room is safer, but good luck getting access on a weekend
>>
>>28370487
Air Force also gets to leave the dorms at E-4 though.
>>
>>28370593
yeah sounds like intel is for me, thanks sgt
>>
What's up /k/? I was looking into joining the navy in the cryptologic technician field and I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice, mostly how hard is it to get a top secret security clearance?
>>
>>28370969
>>28370593
>>28370727
intel/meg/ is best /meg/
>>
>>28364759
>fat hippo shoops
TRUTH HURTS

Enlistedfags thrive in mediocrity. An silly drawing actually upsets them. That's says everything that needs to be said about their priorities. That is why the Sergeant Major of the Army is tasked with making rules about bootlaces while flag officers are tasked with running a functioning military.
>>
>>28370969
Don't have more than 200 dollars in debt
Don't have any criminal record
Don't give them an insurance provider if you have a medical history, though you're probably fucked regardless
Don't have any relatives from Iran

I don't know, that just about covers it. It's not bad desu just don't be a fucking degenerate.
>>
Is it true that retired E9s get $24,000 a year tops? And if someone (God forbid) retired as a freaking 1st Lieutenant they'd make more?

Why are people fighting over becoming an E9 if that's the best you can do?
>>
>>28371078
>don't be a fucking degenerate.
Enjoy your empty military.
>>
>>28371086
by the time you get retirement in the military you should have at least 600k in savings/invest making you bank anyway regardless of enlisted or officer
>>
File: smug as a bug in a rug.jpg (32 KB, 247x247) Image search: [Google]
smug as a bug in a rug.jpg
32 KB, 247x247
>>28371109
>should have at least 600k in savings
>an E-9
>an E-9 with 600K in savings

I was laughing.
>>
>>28371078
The only thing I have a problem with is when I was a juvenile I was arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana, I went through a pre-trial diversion program and the charges were dropped when I completed it, does that pretty much disqualify me?
>>
>>28371086
It's not that bad if you retire at age 38 and then still have plenty of time to get a normie job
>>
>>28371134
Military personnel don't live long after retirement due to unhealthy habits. Retired SNCOs will either die working or die in poverty.
>>
>>28371121
If you serve for 20 years it's not unreasonable to say you would've earned at least a million dollars throughout your career. At a conservative 60% savings rate that's already 600k. Someone who serves for 20 years would realistically make much more and experience the growth on their savings as the time passes.

It's pretty reasonable to become a millionare serving even as an enlisted if you're responsible with money. Though I agree with you that 99.99% aren't. That doesn't just apply to enlisted but everyone, look at the idiot NFL players who somehow manage to go broke.
>>
>>28371259
There was a garbage man who won $15 million in the lottery and spent it all on hookers and drugs within a year.
>>
>>28371078
>though you're probably fucked regardless
Why do you say this?
>>
>>28371292
Because I don't know if not giving them an insurance provider will generally prevent them from finding your records, esp for TS/SCI. It's just something I've read.
>>
>>28371303
What about for a secret?

Just in general should you not give them your insurance info?
>>
>>28371303
What kind of medical stuff are they looking for?
>>
>>28371313
If you've got something to hide that would disqualify you, then yeah you should I'd say. Or maybe you shouldn't be trying to enlist. For secret I don't know, I don't think they bother doing much for that.
>>
>>28371328
Does this >>28371132 mean I can't get a top secret clearence? I was a dumb kid but that was years ago.
>>
>>28371326
I don't know, all of the shit they feed you at meps probably, or maybe just anything they can get their hands on.

>>28371353
I don't think it would but I don't know for sure either.
>>
>>28371363
Cool thank you for the info, I think I'll go and talk to a recruiter soon.
>>
>>28371086
E9 pension starts around $33K/yr and is adjusted for inflation. Add in free healthcare for life and some other benefits and you're pulling a lower-middle class salary for the rest of your life regardless of what you do.

Ideally, you've also been investing in your TSP and you can pick up a second career from age 40~ to 65. By the time "real" retirement starts, you should be able to comfortably enjoy a six figure retirement.
>>
>>28371086

Lieutenant retirement is less, but not by much. E9s make about what O3s make.
>>
>>28371441
That's bullshit, an O-1 fresh out of OCS is infinitely smarter and wiser than any SNCO, they should be paid more.
>>
>>28371259
I don't get why it's so hard for some military folk to be financially responsible
>>
>>28371499
But have you seen the 2016 mustangs tho?
>>
>>28371470

>Implying butterbars aren't literally the most retarded people in the military, even dumber than the cadets they used to be.

Trollin' too hard, bruh, ain't nobody gonna get mad unless you're halfway believable with it.
>>
>>28371531
Yeah it's shitty b8, but I got you to reply so it's at least 2/10 right?
>>
File: 1448687774189.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448687774189.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>
>>28371499

Pretty easy. The military safety net means that when you go broke there aren't really any consequences. You can just swipe that debit card until it don't swipe no mo and you'll still have basic necessities until the end of the month.

No bills means you don't "have to" budget, and that's a skill many teenagers joining the military have never had to learn.

As retarded as privates are with their money, it isn't particularly surprising. The only reason 80 % of them aren't fat as shit is because they aren't allowed to be, otherwise you'd see the same lack of education/experience with nutrition and fitness.
>>
>>28370727
It may be for you. But first ask yourself:
>Do I want to be innamilitry but never shoot anyone?
>If there is a war do I wanna be on base the entire time working 8 days a week?
>If there is no war do I want to only get sent to the range once a year to shoot weapons I could basically own?

Intel is a smart choice, but it is not a fun one.
>>28371086
E9's make half their base pay....so 24k might not be far off...but keep in mind they are usually in their early 40's and they get that money for life. So while that may not seem like much keep in mind they start a second career and make 70k on top of the retirement pay.
>>
>>28371531
And yet they get paid more. Whose the real retard. The dumb 22 year old that turns into a 40 year old flag officer.

Or the late 30 year old SNCO who went "Eh good enough"?

Sounds like a cuuck to me.
>>
>>28371641
sounds like its for me. i'm in my late 20s, have weapons, over my operator cod phase. looking for a career, not an experience. thanks man
>>
>>28371938
Cool. Then I wish you the best! Intell is a very inportant job and it needs goos people.
>>
>>28369969
>>28369969
The PT is all running, push-ups, sit-ups, and some weird calisthenics shit. On Saturdays you have BASES which is more creative PT. It's not anywhere near overwhelming, even if you're out of shape.

In addition to the ranks, you'll also learn your chain of command and general orders. There are also 3 academic tests in that cover a wide range of information. You'll learn basic line handling, fire fighting, how to stand watches, and do live fire as well.

I'm an FC.
>>
reposting from last thread:

I want to be an 18D but am torn between enlisting now, or going and getting my bachelors in Biochem and then enlisting.

I haven't started anything for my bachelors yet, but I feel that with how hard be heard the 18D pipeline is, a good foundation wouldn't hurt.

On the other hand, I'm 20 and youth is invaluable, so I've heard.

What do I do brehs
>>
>>28371510
around ft bragg its chargers
>>
>>28372599
18X-rays fare pretty poorly fresh out of the box as young'uns. (The program is perpetually on the edge of being discontinued for that reason.) The ideal age for them is 23. That age has the best graduation rate among 18X enlistees.

The Special Forces are not like the Rangers. They place a much greater emphasis on a candidate's mental acuity, creativity, and patience.

Get your bachelor's, then go in as an 18X. You'll have the patience and experience of an older man and still be in your physical prime.
>>
>>28364554
Anyway know about entry into Australia's 1st Commando Regiment? I want to do reserves so I can keep my current career.
Cheers
>>
File: 1451283253914.png (959 KB, 1080x1325) Image search: [Google]
1451283253914.png
959 KB, 1080x1325
Is there any prospect for marine 0203 (ground intel officer) to get a job with langley's paramilitary?
>>
>>28365012
Also interested in this
>>
>>28365012

19D
>>
>>28373143
what do cav scouts actually do?
the army website says they do recon and scout out the battle field, the army youtube video shows them basically being a convoy, and most of the soldiers I know just call them fags with stupid hats.
which is it?
>>
>>28365012
>what mos do you get to the most sneakin around in the field?

Neither. As an 11B, you are a cog. You do literally nothing except in very large groups.

As a 13F, you are attached to infantry companies, you go with them where they go and, in those rare occasions that command remembers it has artillery at its disposal, will ask you to call it in. 99% of the time, though, you will act as a grunt.

There is no more sneaking for the common soldier.
>>
>>28373416
You ride around in a Stryker, when you get to your observation area, you dismount and reconnoiter the area. If you see anything, you report. Then you go back to base and fill out a more detailed report.
>>
>>28373416
>the soldiers I know just call them fags with stupid hats.

If you had to wear a silly black beret, you'd be resentful of a cowboy motherfucker who gets to wear a sweet Stetson too.

Does anyone know what, if anything, the Artillery traditionally gets, beyond hearing loss?
>>
>>28373561
>sweet stetson
>this is what retarded hillbillies actually believe
>>
File: 1444661862798.jpg (50 KB, 720x714) Image search: [Google]
1444661862798.jpg
50 KB, 720x714
>>28373561
>>
>>28373592
>pointy-headed liberal northerner
What are you even doing on /k/? Shouldn't you be tumblring your triggers or something?
>>
>>28373655
>Cav
Smart enough to realize you can drive someplace instead of walking

>Artillery
Smart enough to realize owning a gun that shoots 20 miles is 20 fewer miles you have to haul your gun.

>Infantry
We're basically Rangers, r-right? Just a man and his rifle, give or take a little training.
>>
>>28373668
whole family is from ga and tx, nice try faggot. i bet you drive a lifted superduty in fucking ohio and tell everyone you're "country"
>>
>>28373694
>whole family is from ga and tx, nice try faggot.
Oh, that's where you moved to Massachusetts from?
>>
>>28373726
at ft bragg.
>NORTH carolina amirite guys? look at this yankee
>>
File: hanging frog.gif (392 KB, 200x210) Image search: [Google]
hanging frog.gif
392 KB, 200x210
>>28373726
>>28373694
>>28373744
>tfw only know florida
>>
I'm looking to enlist in the Reserves but also don't know if I should do NG instead. I like the idea of infantry work so I was thinking 31b if I went reserves because they're the closest thing to Combat Arms offered. I scored a 93 on my ASVAB and was offered a lot. What should I do? Also I'm kind of interested in getting a TS in 35t or something like that.
>>
>>28373744
k.

Now tell us about how you're like so sick of the Deltas constantly calling, requesting you to join them.
>>
>>28373747
hope its not jacksonville
>>
>>28373770
I had to change my number and everything. enough is enough
>>
>>28373655
>that pic
>in the infantry we like women
>unless they want to join
>>
>>28373749
This is what my recruiter said was available in my area right now
>>
File: 1431023189645.jpg (82 KB, 751x768) Image search: [Google]
1431023189645.jpg
82 KB, 751x768
>>28373779
its south florida
>>
File: annelaugh.gif (500 KB, 485x249) Image search: [Google]
annelaugh.gif
500 KB, 485x249
>>28373827
68R, Veterinary Food Inspection Specialist

Do that one.
Then for the rest of your life, you have a neat hobby: taking pictures of people's faces as you tell them what you did in the Army.

I mean, what IS that job, even?

>Hmm...sir, this cat food appears to contain considerably more rat feces than regs allow.
Very good, sergeant. And your report on test batch Nine-charlie?
>The test subjects preferred the taste of the "tender beef in gravy", but they still preferred the texture of the kibble from test batch Eight-charlie.
>Understood. Have Nine-charlie delivered to the kennels, have Eight-charlie re-labeled "USMC MRE" and shipped to Twentynine Palms.
>>
File: 1416328559216.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1416328559216.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>28374017
>Understood. Have Nine-charlie delivered to the kennels, have Eight-charlie re-labeled "USMC MRE" and shipped to Twentynine Palms.
I should've seen where you were going with that.
>>
>>28373827
do 88N

be the POGest POG in the army. Except you'll be a nasty girl so you'll be even more POG.
>>
>>28374017
fucking kek
>>
Okay, got out of Meps this morning. Qualified (narrowly avoiding a dq for, not even lying, having balls that we're to big).

Only problem was that I'm now officially color-blind, and not the kind where it's no big deal. It's the kind where the blinky green light that means "everything's peachy" was actually a blinky red light that means "you should already be running away."

I'm going into the Air Force. They told me I qualified, but that my job options would be "affected." I'm still waiting on my recruiter to give me my options. Anyone know what I should expect? Will I be stuck as a fancy uniformed secretary?
>>
>>28374017
My recruiter told me the job is literally sticking thermometers in dog food
>>
>>28374017
lol. If you get that job, you absolutely have to go to Ranger School just so you can have the RANGER tab on your uniform as you're taste testing dog food.
>>
>>28374099
break down everything that happened at meps please
>>
>>28374099
>having balls that we're to big

What, are you a hamster or something?
>>
File: 1442792598999.jpg (264 KB, 595x801) Image search: [Google]
1442792598999.jpg
264 KB, 595x801
>>28374017
This explains so much!!!
>>
File: 1443382187654.jpg (114 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
1443382187654.jpg
114 KB, 717x960
>>28374130
you go in at 6 am, then after check in, you go to medical, you get a nice powerpoint presentation, they pull down your pants and do a penis inspection to see if youre a virgin
then you get hearing/vision/blood/piss test and underwear gymnastics then thats it, i think the enlisted dudes get sworn in
>>
>>28374163
thanks, these threads make it seem like this awful in depth process. it sounds like a DOT physical
>>
File: for money.jpg (83 KB, 540x700) Image search: [Google]
for money.jpg
83 KB, 540x700
>>28364554
Anyone here ever piloted a drone? What was your experience? What was the salary?
>>
>>28370593
>janitors at these places make like 70k because they have a TS
is your dad the president of the NSA too?
>>
>>28374446

I would imagine that you'd get a bit of special pay in addition to your TiS and rank pay, but I don't know personally.
>>
If one could conceivably join the CIA straight out of college, would one be a fool to try to join SOF first instead if one wants a career in intelligence?
>>
>>28374147
Moderate-to-severe veriscosity on my left testicle. From appearance, it looks roughly triple normal size, but it feels like a bag full of earthworms. The doc basically told me that he'd pass me, but only because it wasn't painful or overly firm, and could go down with pressure. Dude spent quite some time fondling my balls before making that decision.

>>28374130
In terms of what happens at meps, it was a 4:15 wake up call, followed by a shitty breakfast, followed by a briefing, followed by a short bus ride, followed by another briefing, followed almost immediately by yet another briefing. We then did an eye test and a hearing test, filled out questions similar to what your recruiter asked you, took a breathalyzer, got blood drawn, and peed in a cup in front of the base commander ("Okay, here's the part where I stare at your dicks." - Cmdr. McMeps). We then got our medical exams, which was the slowest part of the day because everyone's balls must be fondled individually. Last was flexibility exercises in our boxers, after which we split up to talk to liaisons from our individual branches. Add about an hour of waiting for each comma above, and you've got your day.
>>
File: www.pinterest.com.jpg (78 KB, 634x436) Image search: [Google]
www.pinterest.com.jpg
78 KB, 634x436
>>28374163

You also bend over and they look at your butthole.

Probably the most uncomfortable part. They do not finger bang you or anything, but they take a good solid peek at your pooper.
>>
>>28374119
I kind of want to join the Army in the most ridiculous MOS now just to put myself in this situation for laughs
>>
What does it take to get contracted into a PMC? My uncle served in Northern Ireland and was contracted into a PMC which were deployed to protect a Chinese mine in Africa in the 90s but he died when I was a child. Anyone know any privately contracted ex soldiers?
>>
>>28373779
>>28373747
>tfw Jax
just put me down family
everything is terrible except the fucking bar scene
>>
>>28374669
Do it 100% earnestly, too. "Sir, I believe strongly in the importance of maintaining a high degree of readiness among our armed services animals by enforcing strict health standards in all chow, kibble, feed, and stock-based food products."
>>
>>28370206

Hurry up and wait.
>>
>>28364878
Everyone signs as 11X. If you're going active, you don't get to pick between Bravo and Charlie.
>>
>>28374652
looking for what? hemorrhoids?
>>
>>28374682
holy shit dude, i hope you wear a rubber every time. aids central, you might as well live in the congo
>>
>>28374913

Yeah, and they used to look for beat up used poopers to try and find the butt pirates.

Now a days you are allowed to take weeners in the turd cutter though so they just check for this

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120322172022AAbvGWl
>>
>>28374959
well that's the worst thing i've read all day
>>
>>28375021
I got an erection.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.