[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetically speaking what would a second american civil war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: 1407940726374.jpg (235 KB, 1600x981) Image search: [Google]
1407940726374.jpg
235 KB, 1600x981
I'm talking if say hillary was elected and started a semi-auto ban and gun confiscations which sparked a civil war.

>inb4 tragic boating accidents
>>
File: 1451378399959.png (128 KB, 1264x640) Image search: [Google]
1451378399959.png
128 KB, 1264x640
>>28365728
here is a couple of caps i saved

but i reckon you buys would just give your weapons up in a buy-back scheme simmilar to the ausfags
>>
File: 1451378497636.png (213 KB, 1802x905) Image search: [Google]
1451378497636.png
213 KB, 1802x905
>>28365776
meant to say boys
>>
>>28365728
Easily suppressed by federal forces.

Politics dictate the outcome of wars, not individual fighters.
You and your pals hiding your guns or fighting the cops/military would accomplish little.

Lacking a solid political opposition and/or secession-backing politcians or people with serious money and means, it, and we, would die as a consequence of defending our beliefs.

If some states legit said "enough" and broke away from the Union, we can only presume there would be serious blood, and a bunch of dead people, before those states were eventually forced back into line.

>Nevertheless, always fight for what you believe in.
>Hillary is a 3,000-year-old mummy (Hil-ar-hotep) who just wants high office to expand her sorcery.
>She won't do confiscations, but just choke the issue via other means until there's no alternative but surrender, or no more guns ever, like the MG registry.
>>
File: 1439507299619.jpg (146 KB, 373x541) Image search: [Google]
1439507299619.jpg
146 KB, 373x541
>>28365795
>Easily suppressed by federal forces.

what makes you say that and what happens to said political power when the PR campaign is fucked because theirs no power to turn the tv on?
>>
File: 1443581391468.jpg (367 KB, 720x954) Image search: [Google]
1443581391468.jpg
367 KB, 720x954
>>28365795
you still haven't explained how the federal forces will easily suppress the rebellion?
>>
>>28365795
also who's to say that political leaders wont rise out from the rebellion...?
>>
>>28365941
Or even start the rebellion
>>
>>28365786
Got any more?>>28365795
>>
File: USA_2nd_CivilWar2.jpg (681 KB, 1391x1000) Image search: [Google]
USA_2nd_CivilWar2.jpg
681 KB, 1391x1000
>>28365776
>>28365786
here's the third

>>28365728
You won't.
a) Complete bans are out of the question because of the responses, they'll be like the above and included screen caps and the Gov. knows this. They can only pass incremental legislation to slowly erode, and by the time you decide it's the time to start fighting back, it'll be all ogre.
b) There's far too much propaganda. Instead of firefights you need to win hearts and minds RIGHT NOW. The erosion of gun rights only happen because of misinfo and bleeding hearts falling in step with the party line. They will (and do) use the general populace, your neighbor, to shape you into compliance.
>>
>>28365813
>>28365851
>>28365941

Well, perhaps I read too deeply, or too shallowly, into OPs question.

I presumed he meant that people would be hiding their guns, and not relying on a central body of authority for any kind for support.
"Boating accidents" being a known excuse as to where your guns went, when asked by 'the man', in a registration/confiscation scenario. I inferred that OP was considering what individuals would do in such a situation, presumably lacking central leadership. Maybe that was overthinking it.

Without a unified campaign, though, and hell, even with one, the most forceful of individuals still die easily and are labelled terrorists. This shouldn't be a revelation to /k/.

>Maybe I'm thinking too simply about something which would inevitably be very complex...
>>
>>28366154
i like it
>>
>>28366186
no no lad i think amerilards will be cucked quick smart like ausfags in some sort of gun buyback scheme

and anyone who tries to get out of it will be federally fucked

if this shit was going to start civil war 2.0 cunts would be taking potshots from the rooftops at hillary already
>>
>>28366196
Not to be unduly nationalistic, but there are more people, and more guns, and more cultural differences than Auslanders ever had.

There's a huge domestic gun industry that can lobby against Hillarity. Ausland never had that, and even in a culture where it'd make sense to oppose such measures, even when they did, they had no money on their side.

That said, if the "ultimate cuck" happens, I would guarantee that there will be bloodshed of some kind. Small scale, most likely, but it would certainly be a step toward resistance groups forming.

Potshots at Hillary? Seriously?
Things don't go from 0-60 like that. You have to weigh the impact of forsaking your otherwise comfortable first-world life in favor of the hell of opposing it, and most won't. Some will, but it's hard to find people willing to fight if they're not starving.

That's likely how they'll win, simple attrition, and a subtlety of politics which culminates in a de facto ban/confiscation under the guise of "common sense" legislation.
>>
>>28366196
>Australian gun back scheme
You are aware that the Aussies had a comprehensive list of exactly who owned what firearms, and they only managed to recover between 50 and 60% of the banned guns, right?

How the fuck would that be done in the US which does not have a registry even close to that level?
Even if they sent jackbooted ATF thugs to all households with banned guns they'd be lucky to recover a 15-20% of the guns they were after. That is assuming gun owners don't just start shooting the agents, and the ATF/DHS/feds have to abort the entire program when their agents refuse to go on raids due to the high mortality rates.
>>
File: hellodarknessmyoldfriend.jpg (156 KB, 1113x1000) Image search: [Google]
hellodarknessmyoldfriend.jpg
156 KB, 1113x1000
>>28366247
>That's likely how they'll win, simple attrition,

they wont stop they want their police state more than anything
>>
File: 2015-11-12-15-42-41--933488696.jpg (6 KB, 257x144) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-12-15-42-41--933488696.jpg
6 KB, 257x144
ATF/ military, cops simply would not follow the orders of these leftist baboons, one thing these agencies have in common is that they're gun nuts and are about fed up with this monkeys rhetoric. But that would be the least of our problems if hillary got the office. We would be invaded by every country that hates us and hates women.
>>
>>28365728
>I'm talking if say hillary was elected and started a semi-auto ban and gun confiscations which sparked a civil war.

- Bloody doorsteps
- the deaths of the judges who signed off on the warrants
- the death of most democrat/anti-america/non-constitutionalist/progressive representatives
- establishment of an interim president/etc (or following the chain of succession until someone willing to do their job is found)
- constitutionalists appointed to the positions created by the death of traitors
- normal elections

In that order.
>>
>>28365728
it didnt happen when a nigger was elected, it isnt going to happen if she gets elected.
>>
>>28367275
nah man, all these cops and military persons would end up getting these seized guns into rotation for their own use.
>>
>rebellion
of whom, how, and where? people living in the same state can barley coordinate meetups here
>>
>>28365728
There's a lot of things that could happen in a Civil War, so let's take a similar example to the old civil war and say a single or multiple states succeeded on their own accord. Let us say, for example, Texas, since they're probably in the most likely position to ever attempt it in terms of everything but will to do so.

First, you have the fact that the local military units stationed on the bases within the state are a mix of US citizens. At best, these places will be utter bedlam with grunts and commanders attempting to figure out who's on what side, leading to the rebels being crushed from being out numbered, either by the number of soldiers there overwhelming them or holding out until US reinforcements arrive. At worst, these places will remain completely loyal to the US, and essentially become foreign strongholds on rebel soil, holding plenty of supplies for operating within enemy borders and denying it to the rebel state.

Second, if the military wasn't bad enough, the rebel state would be full of civil law enforcement and militant civilians who stand on both sides of the conflict. Any attempt for the rebels to organize a civilian militia could easily be reported by loyalist sympathizers, if not outright infiltrated and lead to their capture. Imagine receiving a call to assemble at the local courthouse to fight for your homeland, only for anyone who showed up to support the rebellion to find themselves surrounded and arrested as a domestic terrorist. You would never know who's on what side and where.

It would be an ugly, bloody conflict, one of which a small rebel population would have no ability to win, but the amount of casualties and brutality inflicted would be beyond measure as rebels kill suspected loyalists, the US military swoops in and engages any dissenting population and easily labels anyone sympathetic to the rebel cause as supporting terrorism and charging them with treason.
>>
>>28365813
>My TV is out
>It's winter and I'm fucking freezing
>All my food is spoiling
>Local gas stations are closed
>Can't take my kids to school because there's shooting in the streets
>We aren't safe anymore!

Guess who the average citizen is going to blame? It wouldn't look like the US is the one who started the party, it would be on the rebels. After all, if there were no rebels, there'd be no conflict, and we can get back to our daily routine that much faster.
>>
>>28365728
No matter how much you guys hate on the government, Congress would be fed up and immediately relieve her of command, if she had any to begin with.

They would repeal her EO's and try to defuse the situation, because you know the lot of anybody with half a brain would take up arms and do anything against her little minions.

Plus, people would definitely start killing, raping, and general pillaging.
>>
>>28366277
> spending 50 million dollarydoos
> building grassroots organizations

That's not how grass works, jackass. That's astroturf. The same shit the Koch (kuck) brothers do, except it's coming from the left.
>>
>>28365728
would never happen that way. expect false flags on the grid and economic collapse to preempt any attempt at gun confiscation, people relocation. shillary and other puppets shilling to make it more acceptable for when the happening occurs. they will never attempt gun confiscation in the atmosphere of december 30, 2015. other shit has to occur first.
when the lines are blurred and the military/feds/police think they are restoring order, it will become extremely bloody. when its blatant in your face gun confiscation with no other premise, its impossible to enforce because even the braindead jackboots wouldnt attempt such a suicidal act in a otherwise stable environment.
confiscation only will work in chaotic situations such as katrina.
>>
>>28367275
Our local PD used to say the same thing about gay marriage being legalized, that they'd never enforce it. Yet soon as the federal bill passed enforcing it, JP's were shaking their head saying, "Oh well, I guess I have to, no choice in the matter." People today are conditioned to accept an ordered society over the chaos that standing for your personal beliefs would cause, under the guise of democracy and fairness.
>>
>>28365728
>inb4 DMZ comic posts.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.