[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking hell... They're never gonna stop, are they? h
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Fucking hell... They're never gonna stop, are they?

http://www.guns.com/2015/12/28/new-york-lawmakers-seek-statewide-limits-on-ammo-purchases/

I really need to get me and my fiance out of here ASAP.
>>
Some interesting points
>3 month waiting period after an initial ammo purchase before you can buy more.
>ammo rationing for target shooters and law enforcement
>"proper cause" required for exemption.
>vague "excessive amount of ammo" language
>violators get class E felony

They're also still trying to get the SAFE Act's ammo purchase database for FFLs up and running.

I'd ordinarily say, "is this shit even legal?" but then, the SAFE Act wasn't; was it?

The Constitution never stopped them before.
>>
>>28355892
>>28355920
The supreme court ruled a while back if I remember correctly that limiting ammo purchased infringes the 2nd amendment so even if it does pass (which it won't) it will be overruled shortly. Also find something else besides guns.com for a source.
>>
>>28355920
NYC needs to be made a city state so they can fuck up they're own shit and leave the rest of new york alone
>>
>>28355960
lol that would mean +2 guaranteed Democrat senators. Plus, at least 1 congressman.
>>
> ammo limits
For what reasons? Even a soldier only carries 270 rounds at a time, what is that, bulk 3 boxes? What the fuck is this going to solve? And what about reloaders?
>>
>>28355960

Everytime I hear upstate New Yorkers say this shit I'm just reminded of how irrational and delusional the entire state is.
>>
>>28355960
Your whole state population sucks; quit acting like it doesn't.
>>
>>28355892
>They're never gonna stop, are they?
They're not and since genocide is not a viable option, all we can do is try to be their friends and make them better people.
>>
>>28355958
Never underestimate the ability of the libtards to push their agendas. They are mostly unemployed, so they have way more time on their hands.
>>
File: you muslims.jpg (95 KB, 613x1000) Image search: [Google]
you muslims.jpg
95 KB, 613x1000
>>28355892
If we didn't have the 14th Amendment (which also opened the door for most of the social programs currently making up over 50% of our budget), half of the individuals in that picture would be in a more fitting profession.

Daily reminder that Lincoln was the worst president in American history.
>>
>>28355892
>he didn't run for the hills after the S.A.F.E. Act

You done fucked up.
>>
You must realize. That all gun control laws proposed or passed these days are just bait. They want them to be taken to federal court and all the way to the supreme court. They are hoping that Obama's two female minority judges have swung the court to be anti gun. So they can get court rulings that allow them to undo the progress pro gun has made in the past 10-20 years.

Which is why I think the Supreme Court has been denying to hear 2A cases for years. The pro gun judges know that Obama's picks have made the court questionable about the 2a. So they are just going to maintain status quo. Rather than risk gun rights getting weakened.
>>
>>28359098
WESTERN NYer hear
What's irrational about wanting to keep our tax dollars to ourselves and not go to that cesspool known as NYC and the Island.
Furthermore we aren't properly represented. The whole fucking state is red except for the city and the island.

God I wish you cunts would just break off so I don't have to hide my AR like a bitch.
>>
>>28360239
And Buffalo...

And Syracuse...

And Albany...
>>
>>28360239
Different anon from a free state here. I kind of agree with you, but would go about it differently.

I too think if a city takes up more than a certain percentage of a state's population (say 35%), it should not be allowed to vote on state-wide laws but instead is treated as an individual entity with its own set of laws. For instance:

>SAFE act passes in NYC
>SAFE act fails in rest of the state
>SAFE act applied in NYC but not rest of the state

>NYC passes 70% tax rate on people making more than $50k
>only applies to NYC

On a federal level, it'd still be one state. The big reason why this wouldn't work is because cities are reliant on the rest of the state to pay for the shit ton of welfare resources that they suck in. In short, they'd implode within a matter of months. While I'm 100% okay with this, politicians will never let it happen.
>>
>>28360267
God forbid someone pulls the welfare out of those cities.
Grew up in buffalo and rochester. They're nice places as long as you stay out of the city limits.

And avoid chippewa
>>
>>28360360
Grew up outside of Rochester in Ontario County.

Honestly miss the hell out of it but will never go back for more than a couple weeks a year.
>>
>>28360282
A group-think offset, if you will?
>>
>>28360282
I agree with you, this would be great for WA too

Seattle's fucking the rest of the state over
>>
>>28360282
If NY split, the only issue would be water reasons, and the fact that upstate would collapse, since only Saratoga county has industry in NY.
>>
>>28360559
Eh I dunno. Rochester had harris/excel is plus a few other large companies.

Buffalo has a few aerospace companys. Syracuse is a shit.
>>
>>28355892
someone should tell them their shitty culture is responsible for the "gun crime" related deaths of their children who are mostly from broken families and a once in a while more rarely resulting unrelated death of someone from a normal family. That crime and pain will not stop by imposing arbitrary control laws that do not effect their shitty cultural movements and the resulting single mothers and lack of employment or interest in employment. Gun control laws are easier to throw around than it is to accept that the shitty culture is at fault and it's much harder to change their cultural values than to do this emotionally charged bullshit.
>>
>>28355960
>>28360239
I wrote a short argument on this once. Unfortunately NYC does collect more tax than they use, a chunk of the city's tax revenue goes to upstate. NYC is such a huge international financial center that they do pull in enough money to cover themselves. Although they do get electricity from elsewhere for probably cheaper than they should.
Law-wise, yes NYC can GTFO. There's a huge difference between what's good for the city and what's good for the rest of the state.
>>
>>28361565
poverty, joblessness, and single mother households dont make you magdump into a crowd of people over $5 worth of crack, they dont have this issue in Spain or Greece
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.