[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna get a makarov pmm, tell me if there are better options
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
I wanna get a makarov pmm, tell me if there are better options or if the gun is shit and everyone just hypes it up. Also, what should I look for to make sure its not gonam need a bunch of replacement shit/gunsmithing right after I buy it? And finally, good price?

Picture unrelated.
>>
>>28347750
You're not going to find a PMM, the PM however can be gotten for around 200-300 dollars, the highest i've seen was 550.. The best ones around are the East German ones but there really isn't a bad makarov so to speak. There is no external safety, it only holds 8+1 of the somewhat underpowered 9x18 round, and they actually aren't that bad for cc. There is also the P-64, a polish pistol that is vary similar, fires the same cartridge, and has an external safety however it holds 2 less bullets. Also i would recommend getting some aftermarket grips as well, and the sights aren't that good but they're not horrible.
>>
>>28347965
>no external safety
This man has no idea what he is talking about. Ignore him.
>>
>>28347979
fuck me I was thinking of the tokarev
>>
>>28347965
There is absolutely an external safety.
>>
>>28348001
Kek, that's what I thought because everything else was more or less right. I couldn't help but give you shit for it.

9x18 is either hot .380 or weak 9x19.
>>
Op here, so overall do you think its worth it to get one?
>>
>>28348154
That depends. Is it worth it to you?

I think it's worth it. They're great simple handguns that have available defense and plinking ammo and can be carried.
>>
>>28348165
That's not eor less what I'm looking for, something that rarely jams and carries well. I'm assuming the overall operation of a makarov is easy? Everything I've read say yes, but I just wanna verify before I buy.
>>
>>28348180
*more or less
>>
>>28348180
They only have 26 moving parts and are pretty easy to use and are very reliable as long as you don't try to eject an unfired round.
>>
>>28348180
Operation is very easy. You have a slide stop, a frame safety that is also a decocker, and a heel mag release.

The gun itself has 27 pieces and is very low maintenence. Its reliability has been unscientifcally tested on Youtube by MAC but you can see from his video that the gun is quite durable to debris.
>>
>>28348217
Holy shit that was sweet. Now I'm convinced, time to into makarov.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.