[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have yet to see any proper explanation of how to prioritize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Puppy Armor.jpg (893 KB, 2530x2146) Image search: [Google]
Puppy Armor.jpg
893 KB, 2530x2146
I have yet to see any proper explanation of how to prioritize targets, and what order to shoot enemies in a gunfight with multiple targets. So, I think we need to codify the proper order of targets. I've given this some thought, and this is what I've come up with. Answer the first question. If there is more than one answer, move on to the next question using the answers from the previous. Continue until there is only one answer.
>Who needs to be shot?
Self explanatory, don't want to be shooting people for no reason.
>Who is an immediate threat?
Don't be shooting the guy50 feet away when his buddy's knife is ten inches from your gut.
>Who do I have a clean line of fire on?
If there is someone you can get good shots on, don't waste your time shooting at someone behind solid cover.
>Who is the biggest threat?
Don't bother with the thug gangsta shooting the Hi Point when his body is shooting his AR like Haley.
>Who is closest to me?
The closer the target, the more likely you can take him down quickly, and the more likely he can take you down.
>Fuck it, just start shooting.
I can't think of any way to more prioritize the targets, at this point you should just pick at random and open fire.
>>
>>28337785
>I have yet to see any proper explanation of how to prioritize targets, and what order to shoot enemies in a gunfight with multiple targets.

You shoot anyone you can as fast as you can.

People that are not in cover are killed very quickly.
>>
>>28337785
you do it the same way we did it in Bradley Gunnery.
>Near before far
a closer target has a better chance of hitting you than a far target
>Staionary before moving
plain and simple, someone not moving has a better chance of popping you than someone sprinting along
>Frontal before flank
this applies more to vehicles, but if someone is facing you, they can sight down on you
>weapon system
is your target carrying a hand gun, or is he part of a three man gun team? Or a RPG team?
this really only applies out in the open, Inna MOUT situation, things are different, especially inside a building.
>>
>>28338964
/scribbles notes
>>
>>28338964
/scribbles harder
>>
>>28337785
It's pretty simple.
>sniper/shooting from concealed position
Enemy marksman/sniper, then commander, then radio guy, then anybody part of a crew-served team, then near to far, then targets of opportunity
>small unit engaging another small unit
You shoot what you can see. You will rarely have more targets visible than you can reasonably get shots off at in under 10 seconds. Go for stationary people (more easy to hit/more likely to hit you since they have the ability to aim) first. People sitting still outside of cover die almost immediately, people running their asses off out of cover die shortly later.
>>
>>28338964
Most of this shit you could figure out by playing a first-person shooter...
>>
If you are a part of a team, you shoot only in the direction you are responsible for. Cover your arcs.
If you are an individual, seek cover first, and then return fire on targets of opportunity one at a time from different locations, changing locations after each engagement. Also, only engage targets that:
A) Are a threat to you or others,
B) that you are capable of engaging with your current weapon system.

If you are with someone who has a weapon and you do not, you are a spotter. If you have a weapon and are with someone else who does not have one, they are a spotter. Make sure to tell them that.
>>
>>28339014
Playing a decent first person shooter*

Playing some twitch shooter where people are jumping around blasting off grenade launchers won't do you shit.

But games where you shoot at pixels around corners won't do you much either.
>>
u must always be shooting in the general direction of the enemy, this provides a fear factor and will force him to take cover. u must successfully suppress your enemy then it will be easier to locate and neutralize him.
>>
>>28338964
For dismounts, machine guns should be the priority for obvious reasons, but other than that the rest holds true for them as well.
>>
>>28338964
take all of this and plug it into a ODOA loop in your head and keep running through that loop as fast as you can.
>>
>>28339047
>Muh milsim shooter's the best.
Fuck off
Counter Strike:
Engage close targets first.
Avoid or retreat from targets behind cover or superior fire power (awp)
Quake:
Prioritize by distance and enemy projectile.

In both:
Near before far
In the open before cover
Stationary before moving
Shoot the biggest threat first.

Honestly its often difficult to identify these things in game or in a real firefight.
>>
>>28339215
but what about BGs in WoW? Do I take the stables first? or the black smith? If I'm doing WSG do I just stay out in midfield and get called a HK whore, or do I stay back by the flag?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.