[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All movie plot stuff aside. Marky Mark says in the movie that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1451182653491.png (609 KB, 627x337) Image search: [Google]
1451182653491.png
609 KB, 627x337
All movie plot stuff aside.

Marky Mark says in the movie that he lost his first aid kit, (was on his ruck and obviously got ripped off from jumping off a cliff) before plugging them with dirt. Im pretty sure the other members of the teams had IFAKs (as is SOP and are not that large), but they were wounded/overwhelmed too fast for that to do any good? Or is there a good chance they actually lost all their supplies in the fall/firefight? I understand the fight itself did not take long.
>>
I second this

Any ideas anyone
>>
>look ma, I posted it again
>>
OKay, lets see, where to begin. First off, Seals on LRRP shouldn't have gone 100% on their rest plan, fucking retarded. Kids in Basic training know you don't ALL bed down when on an OP. 2nd, Seals are tough, not all of them are smart, for fucks sake their commo guy didn't even know how to use his radio or reprogram it when it shit the bed. That and their commo plan included a fucking 8 hour window of no comms before anyone even stopped picking their noses to say, "Hey, anyone heard from those dudes we sent into an enemy AO?" Anyone who keeps their IFAK or tourniquets on their ruck deserves to bleed out. You dump your ruck when fighting/E&Eing, not because you're not tough enough to carry it, its because its fucking heavy and will get you killed.

tl/dr Seals are sloppy when they aren't being micromanaged.
>>
>>28337326

Finally thank you
>>
Probably left the kit back at base with their SAW, their radios, and their approval to waste a couple of "goat herders" despite having an O3 with them.
>>
>>28337369

i always wondered why no one had a SAW/M60/240

also in the movie they used the 203 ONCE, i sure hope in reality they actually used them more
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>28337326

>some namefag talking about seals like he knows them personally

will you put a trip on so i can filter you
>>
>>28337326

Overconfidence amirite?
>>
>>28337388
>guys with no combat experience do shit in combat
>being so much of a newfag that you think noko is a fucking name
>>
>>28337398
Arrogance more like it.

>>28337388
Remain upset, I've got more tours with CJSOTF than you have hairs on your ass
>>
>>28337384

Because theyre heavy and take up space in their hair gel pouch.

Im sure they did SOMETHING at one time to warrant thier relaxed grooming standards.
>>
>>28337388

>noko
>namefag

Woah jesus man shit how new can you get?

Also the movie was fucking terrible.
Except for the "frogmans creed" part, that was pretty nice
>>
>>28337414

Yeah, arrogance, I was in Iraq when this went down and everyone was flipping shit about it

>>28337426

christ i was a saw gunner for a couple years and i LOVED it
>>
>>28337405
>>28337414

Nice samefag though, a whole minute apart
>>
>>28337438
You're the only fag here new friend.
>>
>>28337429

the part where the rotors cut the chopper in half gave me chills
>>
>>28337446
>>28337449

will you just stop its painfully obvious
>>
>>28337388

>this guy is literally so new that he thinks noko is namefagging

Please make a trip so I can filter you.
>>
>>28337458

not me im the OP lol i dont know about the other guy

ANYWAYS

whatw ould you guys have the LRRP set up as? the teams tactics aside
>>
>>28337483
Like I said, you keep half the team awake, you don't all fall alseep on a path in Taliban country. You get off easily accessible ground, camo the position, set an observer and a security guy with the biggest gun you got. Set up claymores, or cans on a fuckin string, something to give you a heads up you're being crept up on. 5th principal of patrolling is the most important when thinking about what you're doing.
>>
>>28337529

i had a hard time that satcom and whatever radio they had didnt work, its top of the line shit isnt it? im no commo guy, but fuck, seems like that would be their most valuable asset
>>
>>28337483

Do what the conventional marines did before the SEALs took over the job at turnover.
>>
>>28337548

Used a squad radio to try and hold coms with base.

Inna afghanistan.

Backup was a sat phone.
>>
>americans treat their special forces like gods
>they are actually lazy morons
what a surprise
>>
>>28337548
They were using a Harris, that has satcom and los, not to mention you always have a PACE plan for everything, especially commo. P=Primary A=Alternate C=Contingency E=Emergent.
They had cell phones and iridiums, but failed to do an antenna study on whether their phones would work in their tgt AO. If one piece dosen't work you replace it. Managable Redundancy in commo is Key. I hate to armchair quaterback their shit, I wasn't in their boots, but for fucks sake their piss poor planning was what doomed them.
>>
>>28337574

>SEALs are lazy morons because high speed treatment from MEPS and never had to learn how to grunt
>>
>>28337593
Not always the case. Seals don't do their own mission planning, the navy analysts usually do it. They rely more on SOPs and improv. SF does the collegiate level planning.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.