[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dad recently moved to Utah from California after retiring.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: wut.jpg (7 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
7 KB, 255x198
My dad recently moved to Utah from California after retiring. I've lived here for almost a decade. Yesterday he mentioned he wanted to CC and likes PPKs (I've never fired or even touched one). My questions are: Is the PPK worth it? He wants it cambered in 9×18, would he be better getting a Makarov instead? Lastly, would be be better off with a pistol that fires a 9×19. (His experience with projectile weapons: Skeet shooting and hunting small game with an old savage .22, he is also 65 years old but in good health for his age if that's a factor.
>>
Ruger LC9 is cheaper, objectively better, and has cheaper ammo.
>>
Are you sure he said 9x18? Why would he want 9x18 when .380 is the same shit?
>>
>>28335684
1. the PP, PPK, and PPK/S were only ever in .25 ACP, .32 ACP, .380 ACP, and .22LR. there is a 9x18 Ultra, but unless he's keen on finding one and moderately wealthy, he'll never get one.

2. none of the above (the P1 and P22 are the only ones currently) are on the CA roster of safe handguns, so unless he's a cop he'll never be able to buy one from a dealer as a regular person, only PPT or C&R.

3. unless he's wealthy, politically connected, or lives in particular areas, he will never get a CC permit in CA.

4. the PPK is a great handgun, kinda heavy and snappy for what it is, but pretty good otherwise. served alongside the PP as a police sidearm for 50+ years.
>>
>>28335737
>CA CA CA
>I can't read
>>
>>28335737
Illiteracy and the always epic lolcalifornia meme. Nice post, friend.

>>28335684
He's an old man in Utah, he will never use his CCW ever for any reason. Make your dad happy and get him what he wants, don't sperg out about muh stoppan powah.
>>
>>28335753
>>28335767
hey, everyone typically moves TO california, since a lot of people want to for whatever reason. never heard anyone dream of moving to Utah.
>>
>>28335684
PPK,
9x18
Get that man a Polish P64
>>
File: p64.jpg (135 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
p64.jpg
135 KB, 800x520
The P64 is probably the closest he can get to having one in 9x18. If he decides he wants a .380 one, stay away from the ones marked smith and wesson.
>>
>>28335795
>>28335806
i can guarantee he wants a ppk cause of james bond
dont give your dad some commie pile of not a ppk cause you think its better and it costs less

hes just going to look at it and think fuck my kid cant read
>>
>>28335715
Isn't .380 9×17?
>>
>>28335684
Have him actually handle a ppk to see if he actually likes it. I was all about the M9 until I actually held one and I hated it.
>>
If you live outside of California you can gift him any CA legal (non nfa/non aw) pistol. It must be shipped to a dealer or handed off in person then registered by mail, but at this time it does not need to be on roster.
>>
I've been hunting for one in St Louis for months now. They're proving tough to come by. There seems to be a halt in production of new ones that aren't .22LR. I fired one at the range I go to, and ran 50 rounds through it, and absolutely loved it.
>>
>>28336147
Yes, it is.
>>
>>28335767
>>28335684
You can't buy a PPK in 9x18...
>>
>>28335947
You can't fucking read either; his dad said a PPK in 9x18, there is no such thing. A p64 is the closest he's gonna get.
>>
File: ppSuper.jpg (433 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
ppSuper.jpg
433 KB, 900x600
>>28335947
>He wants it cambered in 9×18

Because obviously he wanted it chambered in 9x18 ultra
>>
>>28335782
But even that mistake aside, you don't seem to realize that most counties in CA are shall-issue, and it's just a few heavily populated bad seeds that ruin it for everyone else.
>>
>>28336740
It's 1/10th of the counties with 9/10ths of the population. Go figure.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.