[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Academi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
Are their courses any better than standard military training? Also their contracts worth it?
>>
>>28328332
bampin for interest
>>
>>28328332
I know some guys who went there for some 5 day classes, the loved it. They raved about the shoot house.
>>
File: Blackwater Sig P226.jpg (236 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Blackwater Sig P226.jpg
236 KB, 1024x768
I went to High risk Warrants/Hostage Rescue/Extreme Officer Survival -all for LE, around 2000, when it was Blackwater.
The Facilities were freaking awesome, the staff was great, -very professional and knowledgeable. All the instructors in my Extreme Officer Survival class had been in multiple shootouts. The other classes were taught by LAPD SWAT. They fly their instructors in from wherever for the classes. They had multiple live fire shoothouses with moveable rooms, a Hogans alley, and tons of different ranges. Steel, Night Fire, 1,000 meter...when I left they were building a fake ship in the middle of a large pond.
It's freaking cool to go to lunch and see the SEALs eating during a break from their training there. I saw Military and Police from a bunch of different country's training there.
I think almost all of the people they offer contracts too are former military, and mostly Special Forces.
I want to go back and try some of the driving courses.
>>
File: Blackwater Logo.jpg (10 KB, 428x253) Image search: [Google]
Blackwater Logo.jpg
10 KB, 428x253
>>
File: Blackwater in Iraq.jpg (16 KB, 150x199) Image search: [Google]
Blackwater in Iraq.jpg
16 KB, 150x199
>>28328332
Sometimes that tax free overseas pay is Not worth it...
>>
>>28328930
Simple, just make sure you and your buddies don't commit war crimes
>>
>>28328930
Should've brought a GPS.
>>
>>28328850
So for a leo looking to be a better leo, would you suggest academi?
>>
File: swat1.jpg (116 KB, 544x739) Image search: [Google]
swat1.jpg
116 KB, 544x739
>>28329143
Yes, that Officer Survival Course is really good. You will do things that you will never get to, in Dept. Training. We did a live fire in the Hogans Alley, from/around vehicles. -Some got shot :) luckily they have a sense of humor
>>
File: blackwater.jpg (185 KB, 650x502) Image search: [Google]
blackwater.jpg
185 KB, 650x502
>>28329003
>>
>>28328332
Their courses are automatically better than anything you learn in the military. SF might be an exception as I don't know a ton about their training.

They bought out Blackwater so they have access to almost all of Blackwaters facilities.

Contracts? Fuck if I know. I don't worry about PMC work.
>>
File: Blackwater 590.jpg (368 KB, 4339x1278) Image search: [Google]
Blackwater 590.jpg
368 KB, 4339x1278
>>28329217
I had 4 instructors, and they had over 120 years Police / SWAT experience. They can pass on a Ton of Knowledge.
In the USMC the instructor who is a 24 year old Sgt, possibly with 0 combat experience.
>>
>>28329313
Basically what I mean. When I did MCT we had a SSgt and three Sgts. All were combat vets and knew their shit BUT they had to teach according to USMC doctrine. So they followed the book and made fun of use because we were a bunch of stupid boots who just learned how to shoot a rifle and would most likely never be in combat because we were POGs.

>inb4 hurr POG!!!
Shut up faggot, the infantry don't get a whole hell of a lot better training. How do I know? I was a Radio Operator in a line company.
>>
>>28329313
590 OP and also POG Airwing...
I forgot about the instructors disagreeing with the USMC doctrine. There's that too. The Police Instructors had the attitude of "this works for us, put it in your toolbox if you want, if not, no biggie"
>>
I'm Australian, could i fly over and do the courses? Or do I need to be a U.S. Citizen?
>>
I know multiple guys who were sent down there to take the driving course, and they all loved it and said very good things. (Canadian here)

As far as I know they still send the occasional group down for a course before deployment.
>>
>>28329407
I saw a bunch of different police from South America and a ton from Europe... don't see why not. They have Military / Law Enforcement only classes...(I don't know if you are), but I think anyone can take the rest
>>
>>28329407
If you come you can take them. However I believe their courses require you to bring your own weapon so there is that.
>>
>>28329436
I'm looking into joining the Police Force soon
>>
>>28329451
I bet if your coming from Overseas they would rent you one. They had a Fucking Huge armory of every weapon in the world
>>
>>28329462
I got sent around 2000 and then went back and paid with my own $/Guns/Ammo about 6 months later.... It was well worth it. Fuck Now I Want to Go Back....
>>
>>28329480
You from U.S.?
>>
File: NY Logic.jpg (349 KB, 1189x803) Image search: [Google]
NY Logic.jpg
349 KB, 1189x803
>>28329488
NYS
>>
>>28329197
What I mean is, how applicable is this to leo work?
>>
I forget which Airport it is near, but the complex itself is fucking huge.

They did get a lot of yuppie types doing the action-adventure team building shit, no idea if they still do that.
>>
>>28329593
This should be updated to have a second pistol in the third frame.
After all it's called a New York reload
>>
Can civilians take these courses, or do they require you to be former/active military or law enforcement?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.