[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/, merry christmas. Would it be possible to modify a revolver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1445834671086.jpg (136 KB, 650x632) Image search: [Google]
1445834671086.jpg
136 KB, 650x632
Sup /k/, merry christmas.

Would it be possible to modify a revolver in a way that would allow it to shoot backwards (towards the shooter) just by twisting a small lever?
I'm reading a book and some dude made some other dude kill himself by handing him a 'special' revolver that was modified to do just that... so basically the dude tried to shoot someone but shot himself instead because the revolver was switched to 'backwards fire'.

Would that be possible at all, without a fuck huge obviously out of place contraption?

I'm guessing the author is full of shit and it's a really shitty cop out / plot twist in an otherwise great book, but I thought I'd ask you first.

Cheers
>>
I'm thinking about it and maybe you could make it so a round is loaded backwards and the lever would maybe cock a hidden hammer that would go into the barrel and connect the trigger to that... the part where the actual hammer etc is would also have to be like a barrel, and the whole mechanism would have to move out the way when the trigger is pulled, so the bullet won't be obstructed.

But I'm not sure if that's possible. Maybe with Kraut space magic but even then it would have to be a gun specially designed to do that, and why would you use a revolver for that...

Idk the book was great so far but now I feel like what the fuck am I reading
>>
>>28326251
you could probably rig something that would cause an obstruction between the bullet and the barrel, something like a pin inside the cylinder gap.

it wouldn't fire backwards but probably fuck up the guys hand, maybe cook off the other rounds in the cylinder.
>>
>>28326331
Well in the book there is a clean entry wound caused by a bullet in the guys head, so it can't be that. So there would have to be a way to have a barrel at the back of the gun...

Or maybe you could build the revolver so that it would basically have a small barrel at the back that was hidden, that you could load with 1 shot. And the lever would somehow disconnect the trigger from the normal firing mechanism and connect it to the hidden one, basically like a select fire switch....

I guess it could be possible with a really elaborate design made from scratch, but it would be very hard to conceal such a device in a normal looking revolver and it would be obvious what happened to anyone who found the body and gun.

Really fucking far fetched desu senpai
>>
>>28326414
It'd probably be easier just to pack the grip with high explosive, so that at a flick of a switch the firing pin gets blocked and the hammer somehow actuates the detonator instead.
>>
>>28326603
Guess that would work best.

I read a hit further and apparently when they found the gun, the back was exploded and the trigger missing, so I guess it was just an obstruction that would cause the thing to explode. Dunno why it would leave a small bullet hole in the guys head but hey, idk what kind of shrapnel an exploding revolver would throw around so it might as well look like a bullet hole.

/thread I guess
>>
No.
>>
>>28326802
/thread
>>
File: 325.jpg (10 KB, 325x260) Image search: [Google]
325.jpg
10 KB, 325x260
>>28326251
Does this answer your question?
>>
No. The bullet isn't going to go backwards. Put an obstruction in the barrel and it might blow up, but you can't ignite a cartridge then expect a bullet to go in the opposite direction where it is pointed.
>>
>>28326251
Should have just given him a glock
>>
>>28326251
>I'm guessing the author is full of shit and it's a really shitty cop out / plot twist

You're correct.
>>
>>28326251
If it was a semiauto, it could be possible to modify it so that the firing pin would eject out the back maybe.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.