[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody own a ghillie suit? I want one.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Anybody own a ghillie suit? I want one.
>>
>>30671978
>live in S. Texas
>all the flooding has evaporated and now we're a dustbowl again

I might as well cover myself in glue and roll around in dust, perfect fucking camo, might as well glue some dead grass to me as well, I'll take some samples from my father's lawn, that shit ain't growing back unless Jesus pulls another Lazarus
>>
>>30671978
I don't, but I just looked them up and they are not very expensive. Looks like you can get a "kit" to make one as well, sounds like something to do if nothing else. You can be the king of hide and seek.
>>
>>30671978
All I see is some vegetatio
>>
>>30672012
Sounds like a very /k/ activity - make your own ghillie suit with random shit from your yard. Best one wins 4chan gold and bragging rights for a year
>>
Make your own. It's not particularly hard and you'll learn a few things.
>>
File: Hello 003.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
Hello 003.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2048
>>30671978
Yes. You should make one.
>>
>>30671978
Milsurp stores have them for like $20 or less, they're synthetic so they'll last pretty fucking long.
>>
>Step 1: Buy BDUs you don't mind gluing stuff to.
>Step 2: Buy netting and glue it to the back of the BDUs.
>Step 3: Tie jute to the netting randomly spaced out across the BDUs.
>Step 4: Weave in local vegetation to full in the spaces that the jute doesn't cover.
>Step 5 (optional): Get a matching boonie hat or hood and do the same.
Voila, you have a great ghille suit. Change out the foliage when it wears out, add face paint for even greater affect.
>>
>>30671978
I had one. It was kind of gay. It was pretty effective camouflage, especially in dry grassy areas, but sticks and shit would always stick to the legs and make it impossible to walk. Had to untangle myself every couple of steps.
>>
File: 1420200678310.gif (559 KB, 400x276) Image search: [Google]
1420200678310.gif
559 KB, 400x276
>>30671995
>>
>>30671995
South Texas here.
Can confirm.
>>
Would a sort of camouflaged cloak be equally as effective? Not even joking as I think it'd be fun and interesting to make one and take it out when I go innawoods.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.