[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
not gay 123
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
Is the ak5c any good? How does it compare to americas m4 and other army weapons? I could compare them both on wikipedia but im not that smart with guns yet
>>
pretty good. basically an improved AK. somewhat heavier than an M4, but also sturdier.
>>
>>30670160
>How does it compare to americas m4

Apples and oranges. A dedicated cold weather system versus a generalist system.
>>
Old tech but still a good combat rifle.
>>
File: 1460411162127.png (3 MB, 2000x2391) Image search: [Google]
1460411162127.png
3 MB, 2000x2391
>tfw joining in a week
>gonna get my hands on one soon
>>
>>30670179
>improved ak
Anon, it's literally an FNC in a funny plastic shell.
>>
>>30670237
I don't get the Wankel in this pic
>>
>>30670269
its some kind of /o/ edit of that picture of a man feeding a monkey a watermelon, if you've seen it
>>
File: ak5c.png (420 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ak5c.png
420 KB, 1000x1000
>>30670160
>>
>>30670323
nvm, found it
>>
>>30670246
And an FNC is an improved AK.
>>
>>30670160
Accurate, reliable and heavy. I prefer the first AK5, however, due to the fact that the red-dot of the aimpoint is freakishly huge at longer ranges.
>>30670237
Have fun, where are you doing your GMU? I served one year during conscription and worked five years full-time. Got any questions?
>>
>>30670332
Yeah, it really is heavy compared to other western alternatives. Handling M4s and G36s after using an AK5C is bliss.
>>
>>30670332
It's only heavy if you're a flabby american raised on a diet of burgers.
>>
>>30670432
a lot desu. my sight is sadly not good enough for a combat job, even if i got 9-8-6 on my tests. gonna be in skövde. P4 i think it was, and as a mech for CV90s, after 3+8 months training

do you live in barracks all the time, and its pretty useless bringing your own stuff along? i heard a lot of conflicting things about leave and how that works. thanks btw
>>
>>30670484
I did my basic training during conscription and after that I've been a regular employee- your basic is a lot different than mine was, in many ways.

I found this, however.

http://jobb.forsvarsmakten.se/sv/vagen-in/grundutbildning/villkor/

Basically, you will live in the barracks. You get leave most weekends, you'll get a detailed schedule upon arrival.

The bare minimum to bring is a good pair of running shoes, toiletry and one set of civilian clothes. I'd bring one set of casual and one set of 'party' clothes since you will most likely choose to stay in Skövde some weekends to party with your new friends. A pair of indoor training shoes can be good too, for the gym and such. Your toiletry should include a toothbrush, toothpaste, razors for at least two weeks, shaving gel, a small mirror, a hard soap, vaseline (four clover is good), dialon powder and compeeds.

The CV90s are beautiful and competent machines, good luck with that. How bad is your eyesight? Mine's -4.5 and I still work in combat/recon.
>>
>>30670619
ohh, thats really helpful. my correction is only -1.5/-1.25 actually, but the recruiter did say, i could work as a crewman with some switching at the battalion itself later, so that's something

what did you do?
>>
I'd to get my hands on one of those CompCS sights.
>>
>>30670454
i've never rucked in my life -- the post
>>
>>30670884
Heh. I guess I passed between the chairs then. Now that I'm in no-one ever asks how bad my eyesight is.

I'd aim to become a crewman later on, excercises will be much more exciting.

I was conscripted as a field hospital / armoured ambulance medic, then worked as parade/MOUT and currently marines with combat/security/recon.
>>
>>30671239
>I'd aim to become a crewman later on

yup, that what i'm going for. it will hopefully cover up my depression of being an inch to tall to become a tanker. IFVs are cool aswell, right?
>>
>>30670160
I used an fn fnc during my time in the military and was very happy with the gun. Easy to clean, reliable and looks just badass. Should be a standard in more countries.
>>
>>30670361
No, it's an improved FN CAL, which was an original FN design. The only things they have in common with the AK are the operation (long stroke piston), which hardly means one is based off of the other.
>>
>>30673132
Ian would disagree with you. The FNC bolt carrier and upper is heavily influenced from the Kalashnikov, as well as it has a stamped upper. Not to mention Type 3 Kalashnikovs were milled.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnVVqTGNCYo
>>
>>30673032
I'd prefer to be a CV90 crewman before a tanker. There's naturally a lot more interaction and synergy with infantry- this usually makes exercises more complicated and exciting. Don't think "What would be the coolest?" but rather "What would I want to practice and think about every day for years?" Sure, tanks are heavy and blow shit up. But an IFV fights in tandem with infantry, creating complex situations, which to me is more fulfilling. Fuck cool, I got tired of that idea half a year into my military service.
>>
From what I've heard, with the upgrade from the AK5 to the AK5C, they are heavier than they should be relative to their barrel length, but that's about the only thing wrong with them.

>>30670215
And the M4 isn't?
>>
>>30673772
anon, you are turning half of my life upside down right now...

but then again, you do make a valid point. fuck
>>
>>30673847
this even applies to the U.S., what are you comfortable with devoting the next _____years to in entirety. plus infantry stuff (including IFV) really is pretty fun, you get to do SOOOOOO much more cool shit than just chill in a tank. and, at least with the U.S., a lot less maintenance work with the tanks. I don't know about the Swedes, but the U.S. tanker does quite a bit of work just to maintain their Abrams. way more than an IFV, plus are not your IFV's wheeled instead of tracked? if so, it's pretty cake, you'll actually love it more than being a tanker.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.