[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Duracoat Aerosol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
Hey guys, looking to do my first semi-permanent finish on a new scope. Everything I've done up to this point has been with regular spray paint. I'm not intending on purchasing a spray gun, compressor, and everything else because I don't have the money or room for it. That brings me to the new Duracoat in a can. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? Is it worth the time commitment? Is the finished product good enough?

ITT: Talk about any DIY firearms finishes. Upsides and downsides to them, etc.
>>
>>30667575
If you're going to paint your gun "tactical desert" but live in a temperate area you should just go ahead and kill yourself now.
>>
>>30667587
What the hell are you talking about?
>tactical desert
Is that even one of the colors?
>>
File: 760_239_csupload_32689036[1].jpg (24 KB, 760x239) Image search: [Google]
760_239_csupload_32689036[1].jpg
24 KB, 760x239
>>30667618
This is the equivalent of wearing surplus USGI desert boots in the Appalachians.

Cringeworthy as fuck.
>>
Nigger a Paasche compressor set for duracoat is maybe a total of 1 cubic foot

Don't try to bullshit us
>>
>>30667695
>Don't try to bullshit us
Okay, how's this? I don't have the money or the room for that shit.
>>
File: 1457993335072.jpg (17 KB, 640x406) Image search: [Google]
1457993335072.jpg
17 KB, 640x406
>>30667663
>full-length stock
>20in barrel
>carbine gas
>>
>>30667715
>room
Cubic
Foot
>>
File: image.png (195 KB, 2000x2182) Image search: [Google]
image.png
195 KB, 2000x2182
>>30667587
>>30667663
Aside from the faggoty name, there's nothing wrong with that tan color. Tan is everywhere.
>>
>>30667731

I don't want motherfucking spray gun set bullshit for arts and crafts. I'm in the middle of moving and don't want to deal with it or store it, get this, even if it only takes up one cubic foot. It costs $150 in addition to the Duracoat and I don't have the money. A spray can costs exactly nothing in addition. I asked, do you know anything about DURACOAT AEROSOL or not?

Kill. Your. Self.
>>
>>30667731
>>30667695
Nigger shut up.
>>
>>30667774
Now you're being honest

I knew your reasoning from the start, but you were making up excuses in an attempt to justify it
>>
>>30668307
> /k/ - soul searching and honesty
>>
>>30668397
Guy you're responding to here
Get a can of chlorinated brake cleaner and go fucking ham on the scope until you see no streaks of oil
>>
I just finished using some of the duracoat aerosol on an old beat up pistol. Looks good and the texture is nice and of a matte finish, I used the parker color. Clean everything with acetone to take off any gunk or oil that will fuck up the paint. Use latex gloves to keep the oil from you fingers from getting on what you're painting. When spraying use 4 light vertical passes (when using the horizontal nozzle) in a box like shape, one pass for each quarter of whatever is being sprayed. Leave the scope alone for a day, after 24 hours it will hard enough to touch without smudging the pain, but isn't fully cured and hardened until up to a week after painting.
>>
>>30668901
Thank you.
>>
>>30669288
No problem bra
>>
>>30667774
>I'm in the middle of moving and
decide right nao is the best and only time you can paint your $40 Tasco?

oh wait, youre that fuckin Aimpoint M4 for $350 off GB guy, arnt you?
>>
>>30668873
>chlorinated brake cleaner
I think you mean NONchlorinated brake cleaner you fuckin retard. chlorinated brake cleaner does nothing except give you inexplicable migraines and smelly hands, not to mention make anything metal rust.
>>
>>30669628
Why the shittalking?
>>
>>30669628
>$40 Tasco
>youre that fuckin Aimpoint M4 for $350 off GB guy
The answer is no. None of those things.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.