[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2 toned guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
Thinking about picking up this as my first 1911. Heresy?
>>
File: 1360228397469.jpg (259 KB, 940x940) Image search: [Google]
1360228397469.jpg
259 KB, 940x940
personal taste. I like the look.
>>
>>30667398
Are those all yours?
>>
Combat Elite is a nice ride. Used to be only available in 2-tone, don't know about the present situation. You get a pass if you wanted a combat elite and that is the only configuration. Have fun.
>>
>>30667541
That picture's older than 4chan
>>
>>30667288
Yes it is heresy. Be a filthy little bitch and do it

Join us here
>>30667378
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Combat elite still two tone. Got the rail gun grips on it right now.
>>
My Combat Elite is a solid performer and very reliable. It's one of the best 1911s in the 900-1000 price range IMO. Make sure to get better mags though, my vote goes to standard Wilson Combat 8 rounders. They're pricey, but worth it. Also if it's going to be your only 1911 and you're using it for carry, I'd get something with a more durable finish.
>>
>>30667288
I love two-tones.

I've always wanted a Smith & Wesson 5906 with a matte black slide.
>>
>>30668351
>Make sure to get better mags though
this, Colt mags are surprisingly shitty. I think theyre outsource to china.

I prefer Chip Mccormick to Wilson. Cheaper and sit more flush in the pistol, still 8 rounders too.
>>
>>30668351
>Make sure to get better mags though, my vote goes to standard Wilson Combat 8 rounders. They're pricey, but worth it.

Why? Were you even having problems with your standard Colt-branded Metalforms? I'm willing to bet you weren't.
>>
File: Two45s01.jpg (76 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Two45s01.jpg
76 KB, 800x600
>>30667288
totally depends on the gun. Some can pull it off
>Sigs, Berettas, HK, 1911s
some cant
>glocks and all glock copies
>>
>>30668461
No, I'm just shilling for WC. Seriously though, I can't remember ever having a bobble with WC, can't say the same for colt mags. Besides poor finish and having to assist one in dropping from the mag well, they have also given me malfunctions particularly when topping off the gun (i.e. round in chamber w/ full mag). If it's a range toy who cares I guess, but I like all of my guns to be close to 100% reliable, and I'm willing to bet a sizable chunk of people who say 1911s are unreliable could be helped with better mags.
>>
>>30668461
I like Colt's 1911s for the most part, but their mags really are crap, at least the current 8rd ones. Look at any of the 1911 forums and you'll get the same response. The general consensus is CMs or WCs, but hey if you can aren't having problems or can find mags that work equally as well, have at it.
>>
>>30668631
>>30668683

The problem I have with WC mags (rather, WC products in general) is that they rarely (if ever) actually fix the underlying problem. I've found that most of the problems that Wilson mags "fix" are actually the result of an extractor out of tune. In fact, the extra strong magazine spring exists pretty much to overpower an overtight extractor to prevent stem binds and to hold on to the last round extra hard to keep it from jumping the lips (which can still be induced with a limp-wrist). The former can be fixed by tuning the extractor (super easy to do) and the latter by using dimpled followers.

I'll admit that WC mags are more durable and less prone to cracking, being made from thicker steel, but I've never noticed better feeding from them compared to late-production Colt/Metalform magazines with an in-spec extractor.

Basically, if you plan on dropping your mags on the ground all the time, then go for it. Wilson's can take the abuse netter than anything. However, if you want better function, make sure you're having a problem in the first place and then fix the actual problem instead of just relying on Bill Wilson's gimmicks.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.