[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you know about the UK's Special Reconnaissance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: British-special-forces-464899.jpg (31 KB, 590x615) Image search: [Google]
British-special-forces-464899.jpg
31 KB, 590x615
Do any of you know about the UK's Special Reconnaissance Regiment? What kind of training do you get? and what is the selection process like?
>>
>>30667056

This isn't really the place to ask, but I do know a little, they recruit the same way as SAS/SBS, minimum 2 year service, vast majority are drawn from parachute regiment (figure is around 76% as of 2014, 9% less than SAS), only difference is the vast majority of their members transferred into it from other SF elements, as oppose to joining directly from a regular infantry battalion, other than that there is fuck all info on them for good reason.
>>
Didn't you make this exact thread yesterday?
>>
>>30667056
You learn to boil water and make tea. The hardest part is when you have to drink tea without milk or sugar.
>>
>>30667108
thanks
>>
>>30667123
oh blimey old chap
>>
File: sof.jpg (95 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
sof.jpg
95 KB, 600x450
>>
>>30667123

You also have to eat your weetabix dry.
>>
>>
>>30667424
monstrous
>>
>>30667056
Like all UK spec forces, you have to be a serving solider first. So if you're asking this question surely you would be current serving soldier, then you should inquire with someone in your regiment that has done selection. If not then fuck off civvie cunt.
>>
>>30669389
No I won't fuck off.

Regards
'Civvie cunt'
>>
>>30669425
go play airsoft
>>
>>30667123

The British version of SERE
>>
>>30669479
Go and think of some better 'insults'.
>>
>>30667108

Well that's a load of shit.

Theres SAS,SBS,SRR all attend SAS selection, those who pass join sas, those who selected sbs continue onto wet training those who fail sas are offered to continue and attend err onto selection
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.