[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old west gun slingers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 944x937) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 944x937
How I wish we could bring back the days of the old and gunfight in the street...
>>
>>30666870
Indeed. Too bad it was all fabricated by Hollywood and never actually happened.
>>
>>30666870
Feel free to stop shitting up /k/ and take a drive to Oakland.
>>
>>30666890
>>going to California for any reason
Yeah nah I'm good dude that place is a shit hole
>>
>>30666870
It's all fun and games until two idiots are gut shot and no one can save them.

Since I saw the pic I now have to go listen to Mr. Shorty though, so thanks for that.
>>
>>30666899
>I want to gunfight in the street
>But I don't want to go anywhere that such a thing might happen because it's not as safe as my house

Zero surprise whatsoever
>>
>>30666870
You are a loser in this world, what makes you think you won't be a loser in that one?
>>
>>30666916
>>old west
>>modern west
It's almost like you missed the whole point of this thread. If i wanted to go fight gang bangers I'd just go drive 5 miles to Detroit
>>
TO THE TOWN OF AGUA FRIA
>>
File: de myzderiz ov de gosmoz.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
de myzderiz ov de gosmoz.gif
646 KB, 512x481
>>30666943
>1850
>Go to California
>Get shot for gold

>2016
>Go to California
>Get shot for dollars

Truly a world of difference.
>>
>>30666870
...which didn't really happen very often, like almost never.
>>
>>30666970
There's a big difference in firepower hombre
>>
>>30666870
I bet you think knights were honorable and wouldn't do anything "dirty" in a fight, even if it meant they died.
>>
My grandfather said that my great grandmother told a story about her life in Oklahoma. Apparently some cattlemen or something from Texas came into Oklahoma at one point and so the oklahomans hung those texans in the street. This would've been around the early 1900's.
>>
>>30667018
>There's a big difference in firepower

>Get shot by .38 or .45LC
>Die

>Get shot by .380 or 9mm
>Die

Truly a world of difference.
>>
>>30667047
>1850
More like a hunk of lead powered by black powder. Probably .32 or .44
>>
>>30667047
33 rounds from a semi auto or 6 rounds SA only... Yeah there's a huge difference...
>>
>>30667113
>33 rounds
What fucking gun carries 33 rounds?
>>
>>30667113
not really, most people died then because medics couldn't treat wounds as effectively or stop infections
>>
File: Colt_Dragoon_Mod_1848.jpg (304 KB, 1934x842) Image search: [Google]
Colt_Dragoon_Mod_1848.jpg
304 KB, 1934x842
>>30667052
>More like a hunk of lead powered by black powder

Which kills stuff just fine to this very day.

The cartridges that I listed may be anachronisms but they made it easier to make my point and I don't feel like the comparison was misapplied since they originally used BP.

>>30667113
>If I draw up a hypothetical where I inexplicably use outdated technology and put it up against the worst possible scenario maybe I won't look quite as ridiculous!

If it's ye olden days then where did someone get a semi-auto with extendo mags? If it's modern days why are you using a SA revolver?

>>30667124
Plenty, you just have to find the right magazines.
>>
>>30666885
The Bill Hickok - Dave Tutt duel was about as close as it got back then to what you see in Hollywood.
>>
>>30667124
A Glock with a 33 round extendo clipazine
>>
>>30666932
Because
>muh dignity
>muh honor
>>
>>30666916
Jesus you're dumb
>>
>>30669834
>Oh no he called me on my BS
>Better wait until he's gone and call him dumb
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.