[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should you use to defend yourself against drone? Some random
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: skywall-100.jpg (183 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
skywall-100.jpg
183 KB, 1024x576
What should you use to defend yourself against drone?

Some random creep can use a drone to spy on you and there's literally nothing you can do. Shooting at the drone with a gun makes you liable for whatever the drone falls onto and if you miss the bullet is coming down on whatever.

These high-tech anti-drone missile system is too expensive for the average joe.
>>
>>30666805
Just some shotgun would do if you're living in the middle of nowhere. Birdshot, maybe. The pellets would fall quickly, and would certainly be enough to take down a drone.
>>
>>30666813

if you are in the middle of nowhere then yes birdshots would work. But the threat of drone is greatest in urban area where the creep can hide in the crowd.

In an urban area your option is much smaller.
>>
>>30666821
In an urban area, chances are it isn't spying on you specifically. Just leave the damn thing alone, it's hurting noone. Could be for someone's film project. Anyway, just don't look at it and you'll be fine.
>>
File: Girl-In-Pool-2880x1920.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1920) Image search: [Google]
Girl-In-Pool-2880x1920.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1920
>>30666827

what if you had a daughter in the backyard pool and the drone is literally pointing its camera at her?
>>
>>30666850
Do you have a daughter and a pool?
>>
>>30666850
I'd be thankful it's not figuratively pointing its camera at her.
>>
>>30666862

i have 4 daughters and a pool
>>
>>30666868
Post your address so I can confirm with my drone.
>>
>>30666868
Post pics, dude.
Also, is it above ground or is it a proper pool?
>>
>>30666868

i have 4 pools and a daughter
>>
>>30666884

it's a proper pool

>>30666877

no
>>
>>30666877
kek
>>
>>30666905
That's nice, anon.
How big is the pool?
>>
>>30666868
Post daughers' pics. We require them for scientific purposes.
>>
>Go inside my house
>Close my blinds

Now the drone can't spy on me. If they want to spy on me mowing my yard or on my dog taking a shit outside it's their waste of time.
>>
It simple, really.

First, get your own drone.

Second, attach some weapon on it. Or maybe just a metal pole or something.

Third, get a VR headset and set it up so you can fly the thing from inside or something.

Fourth, deploy with Flight of the Valkyries playing.
>>
>>30666805
Maybe get a powerful laser pointer and aim it at the camera lens. The drone operator will either get the message or have a ruined sensor in short order.
>>
>>30666921

45'

>>30666940

never
>>
Take a flea market microwave, preferably one with manual controls so you can twist the timer and turn it on from a distance with an extension cord. Use this:
http://www.antenna-theory.com/antennas/aperture/horn.php
to design an antenna which you fit through a hole cut in the door and aim it at the drone before switching on from a safe distance. At the very least, you'll temporarily interfere with the receiver and cause it to land or fly away and, with enough focusing, you can burn out the control board or even the motors.

Apart from skin burns, the biggest long term hazard with microwaves is cataracts so fit some metal goggles with a fine metal mesh to protect your eyes.
>>
>>30666805
Lasers. It wont kill the drone but you could blind it. Also since they seem to work on BLUETOOTH you could potentially hack them like the Iranians did.
also less than legal means
>potato guns
>arrows
>finding the guy flying it and beat his ass
>remote controlled airplanes armed with a bb gun
>a drone of your own to counter attack
>>
>>30666805
Use a high powered air rifle. No one would charge you for weapons violations.

That or buy your own aircraft and mount guns to it, the dog fight the enemy while playing some battle of Britain music.
>>
This is /k/ for fuck's sake
Just take your yogo ak and REMOVE air KEBAB
>>
Tomahawk
>>
>>30667203
first I was thinking "tomahawk missile"
that was an excellent throw. Not really warranted though
>>
>>30666984
>>a drone of your own to counter attack
No...Not just a drone. A jet powered RC interceptor aircraft.

>>30667203
kek, I wonder if this guy got his ass kicked. That's hilarious.
>>
>>30667239
>kek, I wonder if this guy got his ass kicked. That's hilarious.
Criminal damage & the use of weapons in a public place with no regard for bystanders: you must have a lot of melanin.
>>
>>30666905
Come on, he got dubs, KEK wants you to post your address.
>>
>>30667284
> the use of weapons in a public place with no regard for bystanders
> At a LARP event.

Obviously it's damage to property but your no fun.
>>
>>30666805
lazer based defense
>for real tho the FAA has rules against shooting at aircraft from your backyard
>>
>>30667237
>Not really warranted though
Maybe, maybe not. I don't know any context of this video, but I imagine the most likely scenario is that they were hosting a Renaissance fair and either they told the guy with the drone to fuck off and got sick of it, or someone was really in character and decided to slay the sky beast.
The second one is a lot funnier, and I just love that .webm
>>
>>30667239
>A jet powered RC interceptor aircraft.

why must it be jet powered?
>>
File: b55.jpg (35 KB, 640x559) Image search: [Google]
b55.jpg
35 KB, 640x559
>>30667371

Gotta go Fast
>>
>>30666850
What if someone next door uses a camera, or someone further away on a tall building or hill using some optics?
>>
fishing line. You won't go to jail or be caught on camera if a drone happens to hit an invisible wire, it just malfunctioned.
>>
>>30667417
a WWI balloon barrage above my house?
>>
>>30666983
I think building microwave death beams is exactly the right answer. When the drone apocalypse comes, a lone hero with a dirty old microwave will stand alone and rage against the heavens with 800 watts.
>>
File: quadshitdown.jpg (31 KB, 374x413) Image search: [Google]
quadshitdown.jpg
31 KB, 374x413
Build a homemade SAM system and shotgun turrets all across the neighborhood.
Radar can be build with a satelite TV dish, some computers and old CRT monitors (its more 60s that way).
One needs tiny servo motors on the firework rocket to guide it towards its target.
The tiny radar/aim system needs to be on the back of every turret, like the one on the shilka.
The most important thing, you need all your neighbors to be aware, to look, to scan the sky any time they can.
Then you need an alarm system in every house that the one on neighborhood watch duty triggers to get your shit together YESTERDAY and murder the peeping fucking quadshit buzzer
>>
>>30666805
Use a paintball gun
>>
File: Джигит.jpg (23 KB, 640x405) Image search: [Google]
Джигит.jpg
23 KB, 640x405
You need this above your backyard bench. Its not safe anymore
>>
>>30667461
>frozen paintballs
Thwack theack thwack watchin pvc chassis crack
>>
>>30667203
It was clearly a javelin
>>
>>30667203

hell of a throw
>>
File: 1440461568968.jpg (295 KB, 1024x1297) Image search: [Google]
1440461568968.jpg
295 KB, 1024x1297
>>30667203

no wait, I think you're onto something but...

Zoom.

Lose the tomato.

Enhance.

"Hawk"
>>
>>30666805
>activate spark gap generator
>retrieve crashed drone
>>
>>30667436
How about one directly over the middle of the backyard attached to 4 reels of fishing line at the corners (assuming you have a rectangular space). The balloon will prop up the lines at the apex to form a pyramidal shape, giving the drone 4 near invisible obstacles directly over the yard.
>>
>>30666666
>>
>>30667594
Good one!
>>
>>30667623
>Trump's is to be elected
>France gonna get more ebin habbenings
>Kek is the savior
I honestly don't think anything is real anymore.
>>
File: 14490852471361.png (592 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
14490852471361.png
592 KB, 604x604
>>30667239
>A jet powered RC interceptor aircraft.
This. Fill it with tannerite and shrapnel.
>>
>>30667654

memes are only a manifestation of the unspoken wisdom of the human zeitgeist, the one that spits out thoughts devoid of bias, ambitions and yearnings.

it's only our hands pushing this Ouija board, don't be frightened.
>>
>>30667692
>unspoken wisdom of the human zeitgeist
I don't know, kind of feels like someone is messing with the warp.

>pls no Slaanesh
>>
>>30666805
get an air rifle mate
>>
>>30666850

How close are we talking? You can steal it and let the owner come collect it from you.
>>
>>30667709

people in general are very ignorant and when they mass together, ignorant opinions get louder. This doesn't mean they're necessarily stupid, only that they use their intellect to rationalize the opinions they have already incorporated for the sake of social cohesion. Once you remove the ego and the moral element that herd the group's voice, you have a logic-based filter that condenses a far higher amount of thought processes and perspectives giving you accurate predictions and interpretations.

you have memes.
>>
>>30666805

Throw rocks and sticks at it like a nigger
>>
Spray it down with an airshit
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.