[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone know the type of gun used in the Baton Rouge shooting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 18xp-WHATWEKNOW-master768.jpg (88 KB, 768x492) Image search: [Google]
18xp-WHATWEKNOW-master768.jpg
88 KB, 768x492
does anyone know the type of gun used in the Baton Rouge shooting? I was watching the news the yesterday and at one point they were claiming it was an "assault rifle", however within 10 minutes they had quit saying that or claiming it.
I find it interesting that when an AR type weapon is used thats all anyone can talk about, but its been almost 24 hours and nobody seems to be reporting what type of gun he used. Even the dallas shooter used an SKS, and they were trying their best to beef up what that is, make it sound so dangerous and like such a modern rifle from the battlefield it was pathetic.
>>
>SKS
I dunno who started saying that but in the pictures after they blew him up there's a converted Saiga near his body
>>
>>30666665

ROF sounded fairly slow in the videos, but that could be due to well aimed fire (the best kind)

Probably some semi-auto rifle, even with the slow ROF

SKS or AR would be a good bet
>>
>>30666665

Dallas used a Saiga with 30 round mags (5.45mm or 5.56mm)
>>
>>30666705
no im saying the Dallas guy used an SKS, I have no idea what was used in Baton Rouge, I think that because its not an AR it doesnt fit into their gun control scheme so they arent going to talk about it
>>
>>30666725
link?

cause here they say SKS
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dallas-guman-shooting-micah-johnson-sks-rifle/
>>
File: MicahJohnsonAK-1.jpg (69 KB, 636x703) Image search: [Google]
MicahJohnsonAK-1.jpg
69 KB, 636x703
>>30666736

Picture of the rifle

There's one more of his body; same area
>>
I don't know. But I can tell you this - if it was a rifle, the media playbook reads as follows:
If semiautomatic, it's an "assault rifle." (Nevermind that that term has a specific definition and refers to automatic weapons... the media have conflated their own invented "assault weapon" terminology long enough that "assault rifle" is now close enough for their purposes.)
If it was a non-semiauto, like a bolt action, and it has any optic, it is a "sniper rifle."
If it is not a semiauto and has no optic, it is a "high powered rifle."
Whatever sounds ominous and scary to those ignorant of firearms and implies that it's just barely one rung down from a personally owned Tomahawk missile, use that.
>>
File: 1468158757121.jpg (90 KB, 684x1024) Image search: [Google]
1468158757121.jpg
90 KB, 684x1024
>>30666746
>>
>>30666746
interesting. why are so many news sites reporting it is "curio" sks?
>>
>>30666665

I found that CNN claims that law enforcement told then it was an AR-15.

But that literally does not matter. If it was a bolt action gun there would be a shocking exposé on how fast someone can actually shoot with a bolt gun. If it was a literal goddamn musket then there would be an interview with a Civil War expert on how devastating a 50 caliber lead ball was during that war.

It literally would not matter. Police officers are dead and the narrative of the actual fucking problem isn't politically correct. So we blame guns.
>>
>>30666762

Probably a mistaken ID or something

I guess a bubbaed up and tapcoed SKS could sorta look similar, and that's what the person might have been familiar with
>>
>>30666746
Thats from Dallas. OP asked about Baton Rouge
>>
>>30666767

There was a big rumor going around that it was a white Neo-Nazi in Dallas

That's probably the funniest
>>
My favorite quote of all time was a guy who shot at cops...and missed...from an apartment window 75 yards away with a Raven .25 a few years back...The article read that "the sniper used a unregistered semiautomatic weapon."
>>
>>30666746
Apart from the stock, thats a very aesthetically pleasing rifle.
>>
>>30666767
You mean 50 caliber...The SAME caliber used today in anti-aircraft guns and mounted on Humvees in Iraq??
That's the way the media plays things.
>>
>>30666774
There were also news reports flying all around about four shooters. The media latched onto the term "triangulation of fire" like a newborn onto a tit.
I remember watching the news and calling bullshit, and sure enough, no second, third, or fourth shooter.
>>
>>30666772
yes we know, we're correcting where he said
>dallas shooter used an SKS
>>
>>30666762
I haven't seen any news sites reporting that.
>>
>>30666777
>and missed
>from an apartment window 75 yards away with a Raven .25
in fairness, that probably wouldnt be an easy shot
>>
>>30666825
see
>>30666736
>>
File: YHWH .jpg (132 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
YHWH .jpg
132 KB, 1024x684
>>
From what I understood, Dallas guy had an SKS at home but used something else during th actual shooting.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.