[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY ARE LEVER ACTIONS SO EXPENSIVE??? I CAN GET A SEMI-AUTO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: levers.jpg (45 KB, 661x496) Image search: [Google]
levers.jpg
45 KB, 661x496
WHY ARE LEVER ACTIONS SO EXPENSIVE???

I CAN GET A SEMI-AUTO FOR CHEAPER!!!
>>
Why am i so stupid that i can't understand economics or economies of scale or supply and demand for weapons that were rendered obselete 100 years ago!
>>
Lots of fiddly parts plus made in the US or Japan plus poor economies of scale.
>>
>>30665681
>Why is an obsolete collectors item that most people don't want more expensive than something that can be more easily produced and has more demand?

You retarded brah?
>>
>>30665681

Your basic Marlins aren't that expensive.
>>
File: 0718160037.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0718160037.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
Because lever action rifles are built to very high quality using real steel and real wood, not shit plastics and aluminum alloys like most newer design weapons. They are literaly indestructible. The top Win model 94 was made in 1914, has been used by every generation of my family since for hunting, defense, and utility on the farm. At 102 yrs old with hundreds of kills under its belt and tens of thousands of rounds thru its barrel, still functions perfect and groups excellent. Second is a 1954 production, still works perfect, third rifle is cheap Rossi 92 clone used for cowboy action shooting and pig hunting, again, no problems despite extreme abuse.
>>
Just know where to look
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/570604335
>>
>>30665681
Supply and demand nigga, its how the world works
>>
File: Side_By_Side.jpg (127 KB, 700x392) Image search: [Google]
Side_By_Side.jpg
127 KB, 700x392
>>30665681
Same reason why double barrel shotguns are way more expensive than pump actions

It doesn't matter how fast the firearm fires or how many shots it holds, one thing is very easily produced and very easily assembled and requires little to no fitting and finishing as it will likely be a workhorse. The other thing is harder and more expensive to produce, harder to assemble and requires a lot more fitting and finishing as it will likely be a safe queen/heirloom
>>
For under 500 freedom buckaroos, you could get:

Rossi rifle in 357/38 (built by huehues)
Henry in any caliber (no loading gate lel)
Mossberg 464 (tacticool taste in a cowboy gun)
Marlin 30-30 (only caliber under 500)

Regarding your question, if you spend more, you're going to get something more durable. But if you want something, choose from 4 of the chosen above
>>
Just get a huehuehue Rossi 92. Brazilian technology is at the same level as 1892 America so it's pretty authentic.
>>
>>30666572

Also double barrels are usually not much more than fancy ornamental pieces. Engravings give you no tactical advantage whatsoever.
>>
Fudds will pay more for them... Final answer....
>>
>>30667636
> double barrels are usually not much more than fancy ornamental pieces

fucking what? ive never met anyone who has bought an expensive double barrel as an ornamental piece. they're made for using, if they're cheap ones then they're usually for cowboy action or beaters, if they're expensive then they're usually for skeet or trap and are required to be balanced well and fit like a glove. the engraving is just part of the look, it wont add to the cost since its done by machine in most cases anyway
>>
>>30667685
How cheap can a double barrel go for?

Because I know I can get a brand new 12gauge pump for $300
>>
>>30667696
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411546490
>>
>>30667696
you can get a cheap ass chinese coach gun for around $300 or step up to a Stoeger or Baikal for like $400 or so, even though they're as basic as it gets, they will still be more than a pump action because they are harder to produce and still require a bit of precise fitting.
>>
>>30667662
The retard answer, provided by the mouthbreather why completely misuses ellipses and can't into economy of scale.
>>
>>30667696
There are 12 Gauge pumps available for a little over $100 that don't suck.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.