[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /k's opinion on paintball, specifically woodsball.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
What's /k's opinion on paintball, specifically woodsball.
>>
>>>/asp/
>>
>>30665588

All the fun of airsoft without all the milsim faggotry.
>>
>>30665588
I prefer airshit tbqh

>>30665621
no u
>>
>>30665621
And like, triple the cost though.
>>
>>30665588
I used to play paintball with homeschoolers and their parents
I asked my dad to let me borrow his gun and I ended up dual wielding like a fucking nerd.
Haven't played in years, though.

It's better than airshit because it knows what it is.
>>
It's actually really fun. Until you get some faggot who didn't get the memo with a super high speed low drag setup paints your torso a different color.

Haven't played since then I'm still upset.
>>
>>30665883
and it doesn't transfer over to actual weapons manipulation. both are fine to use as movement training. both are really fun but airsoft is probably better because you don't end up laying in a florescent mud puddle because your hopper fell off your gun.
>>
>>30665884
OP here, I like it because there usually isn't a bunch of kids. And if there is, they usually go once and give it up because it hurts too much. Where did you go? I go to cpx in joliet
>>
>>30665588
Just got back into it. Good for when you don't feel like blowing all your ammo going to the range.
>>
>>30665903
As long as you tighten your feedneck, you'll be fine
>>
>>30665901
i got shot point blank in the throat with a $3000 paintball gun. i couldn't fucking breath i was freaking the fuck out and i had trouble swallowing for weeks.
>>
>>30665907
What's your gun set up? I'm poorfag so mine is all pretty cheap stuff
>>
>>30665904
I literally just went innawoods behind one of the homeschool kid's house.
We made up our own rules too. Also would build our own fortresses out of fucking trash we'd find in the woods, like weed and couches. Shit was fun.

I tried an actual like, paintball match once
ended up getting picked off constantly from fuckers I couldn't see.
>>
>>30665621
>without the milsm faggotry

fucking lol, you haven't been playing very long then.
>>
>>30665915
Last weekend, I poked my head out from my bunked for literally 1 second and I got hit twice on my head. Paint and shells are a pain to clean out of long hair too.
>>
>>30665923
Same for me when I started and didn't know what I was doing. My first full day I got shot in the neck twice, elbow, ribs, and head.
>>
>>30665588
Speedball ftw...
>>
>>30666063
Agreed with this guy.. you want milsim, play airsoft, ya Nancy.
>>
>>30665588
Paintball and airsoft are good fun.
>>
>>30666063
Yes, speedball is the shit. It's the coolest game of dodge ball ever.
>>
Used to play a lot and probably spent about a 1000 bucks on equipment, its gets a bit off putting when you go up against professional sponsored trams with equipment and clothing in the 5-7000 range

still it had its moments trying to coordinate 300 people around a map and holding lines and getting to coordinates

not to mention the banter over the the walkies talkies and such

at least its very friendly communities for the most part but it have its assholes like every other sport,
>>
I grew up playing it. it was a very fun game that along with my father's shooting background got me into the shooting hobby
>>
>>30666107
CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES
THIS IS MY LAST RESORT
>>
>>30665915
Except cost has nothing to do with how hard the marker shoots... guaranteed I could hit you just as hard with a CS1 as I could with a Tippman. But, chances are that guy was shooting hot. Soooo... fuck that guy.
>>
I prefer it over airsoft for various reasons, but I do wish it was cheaper.
>>
>>30665915
Jesus it wasn't that bad it just made me wonder how I somehow didn't see a guy with a bright red and yellow marker hiding behind an oak tree. I was totally caught off guard because I'd been dodging itty bitty paintballs from my bunker the whole time and someone who charged the objective got me, then shot 50 times and wanted to be buddies afterwards.
>>30665930
Breddy glad I had just cut my winter hair and beard.
>>
>>30665915
>i had trouble swallowing for weeks
that must have put a crimp in your sex life.
>>
>>30666633
checked and keked
>>
>>30666655
checked
>>
>>30666266
A good gun can cost as much as the real thing if you don't want to upgrade it yourself (don't do this, learn how to upgrade it yourself) luckily even the high quality bbs are dirt cheap.
>>
I'd enjoy it a lot more if the markers had

>magazines
>actual decent irons

But my main problem with both airsoft and paintball is how the trajectory of the rounds fired makes any kind of shooting past a few dozen meters awful
>>
>>30666785
can get magazine loaded ones
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.