[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how would it feel to shoot yourself? Temple, in the mouth, under
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
how would it feel to shoot yourself? Temple, in the mouth, under the chin etc.
how would different calibers and gauges differ?
>>
>>30664958
Evidently .22 is so light you might not even notice it. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/05/10/florida-man-shoots-himself-doesnt-notice-until-two-days-later/84195280/
>>
>>30664958

Very good chance you'd continue living in agony for some time after the shot. Tiny tiny tiny part of the brain actually results instant, painless death.
>>
>>30664958

Doubt it would feel very good. Hopefully you'd go into shock and bleed out quickly. There are much better and more foolproof ways to kill yourself than a gun.
>>
>>30664958
Aim for brain stem. Anything else is extreme pain.
>>
If you must kill yourself the exit bag method is the best way
>>
>>30664958
Work with neurosurgeons, that have to deal with people that try to 'end it all' and shoot themselves in the head...

Long story short, don't do it. You'll fuck it up, and you'll still be 'alive' when you go in for surgery. 100% not worth.
>>
there needs to be an official /k/ "stop asking us and just use a fucking exit bag" sticky on the front page
>>
>>30664958

use a shotgun if you don't want this to happen, I guess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Q-Xb96eAc
>>
File: thanks.jpg (10 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
10 KB, 250x249
This thread has me scared now
>>
Here's what you do OP.

Empty a room with white walls, fill a bucket some potent explosives and sit yourself down on it in the center on the room, preferably naked.

Then blow yourself to the walls.

ART!
>>
OP HERE

Not going to kill myself, i'm just curious if you could possibly feel it.
>>
File: 1445167119879.jpg (108 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1445167119879.jpg
108 KB, 1152x864
>not just taking a shit ton of pain killers and falling asleep/dying painlessly and without body mutilation
>>
>>30665465
probably. for that brief moment before you fade into oblivion (IF you actually did it right, which isn't nearly always the case)
>>
>>30665954
Do you think gunpowder would coat your mouth? or possibly something inside of your mouth would be heat damaged
>>
>>30665465
Headshot?
You'd probably end up losing your motor function unable to move feeling pain until/if you bleed to death if the bullet didn't damage something that needs blood/oxygen going to it. Biologically bodies are evolved to try to not die, it's fragile but it can survive some pretty horrendous stuff until it gives up.
>>
>>30665931
>not making a HEDP from a bunch of illegal explosives and blowing your head off with it

I saw that once. Couldn't even find the poor sod's ribcage and the head (as far as I could tell) was over about half a football field's worth of grass.

I kid you not I made the call to dispatch to just straight up send a fire engine to hose that shit off and get the coroners over to pick up the bloke's abdomen and legs. He was cremated later and had his ashes spread, not much worth doing a funeral.
>>
>>30664958
I always enjoyed that homeless episode of Southpark where the guy shoots himself in the head like time after time and none of them kill him so he just spends the whole time writhing in pain trying to finish the deed
>>
>>30666232
afaik youll get some burn marks inside your mouth, depending on gun etc.
>>
>>30664989
>He took his Shirt off
>2 days later

Jesus Christ America. Do you change your underpants only 1 time a week as well?
>>
Daniel Von Bargen attempted suicide with a .38 to the temple, here's his 911 call. http://www.hark.com/clips/rffqzfwxvy-daniel-von-bargen-911-call-on-february-22-2012
>>
>>30664958
If you actually manage to do it 100% right, it wouldn't hurt at all.

That said, there all kinds of ways to fuck it up and they'd all be agonizing in their own unique way.

My personal favorite is when somebody points the gun directly underneath their chin and blows their face off. If you have any loved ones who care about you, or even neighbors who can hear the gunshot, you'll be strapped into an ambulance and 'saved' before you have any chance of bleeding out. You'll then have to live the rest of your pathetic existence without a face.

You'll most likely be blind and your sense of smell and taste will be fubar, but at least you'll get to hear people murmuring about your disgusting visage.
>>
>>30664958
Contrary to Hollywood created belief guns don't instantly kill you. It feels like a fireball shooting through your head, coupled with that feeling you get when something hits you in the head really hard (if you've been in a fight you know what I mean, that pain you can feel, hear, smell, and taste because your senses are going nuts), and then you get to bleed out while your body tries to compensate for such a serious injury. On the bright side it won't last long, unless you botch it, then you could potentially be in pain for years.

I can't speak for shotguns as they seem to just annihilate the brain rather than just making a little baby hole through it. That shits ugly though, just use helium like a normal person ffs.
>>
>>30666575
>Florida
>America

Nice try.
>>
>>30666590
What fucking gun is that?

>so i know not to buy one
>>
>>30666611
Works best with a shotgun.
>>
>>30666617

>>30666611
wrong thread
>>
>Person wants to commit suicide with a gun
>Its always a headshot

Why? If I could plan my death I'd want to die with my awareness intact. Like shoot myself in the heart with a shotgun instead so I can at least go out knowing what I did and experience any weird "go into the light" shit people talk about. It would also be way less traumatic for people who find me and my loved ones.

Doing a headshot and bleeding to death or choking as you flop around and your brain malfunctions seems terrifying and grotesque.
>>
>>30666617
Haven't you seen those photos floating around there's at least 2 guys in recent years that botched it with a shotgun. Blew their heads apart and they still got put back together.
>>
>>30666657

This. Getting shot in the head doesn't kill you straight away. That shit looks like it hurts a lot.

Once saw this video on live leak of a botched hold up in a gas station. Off duty cop shoots bad guy in the head, dude just drops to the floor. For the next minute hes twitching around on the floor trying to grab his face...
>>
>>30665308
this plus lots of valium; just go to sleep.
just waiting for the right time.
>>
>>30665931

>Thinking you die painlessly or quickly from taking a shit ton of painkillers

Nope.
>>
I can't comment on shooting, but in my experience I can say that taking valium and using a ligature that compresses the sides of your neck without crushing your throat is quite comfortable. There is an intense pressure that is very brief before losing consciousness but as far as "pain" goes, it is very limited.

Obviously the fact that I'm not dead brings the efficacy of it into question, though I feel if not tampered with you would be very likely to die.
>>
>>30664958
Shot myself in the temple.

Pain don't hurt.
>>
>>30666684
Now that's what I call edgy.
>>
>>30666676
Doesn't mean he was conscious. Most likely it was all reflex and his sense of awareness was extinguished immediately.
>>
>>30665931
>Wake up 4 days later in a sealed coffin 6 foot under

Yeah no.
>>
20mm only pain you feel is hell
>>
>>30666575
Florida is literally white trash: the state
>>
>>30664958
I have a friend who sucked off a 12 gauge. he survived.
hates himself even more now.
>>
>>30664958
A shotgun works the best
>>
>>30668441

He did it wrong.
>>
Experience is the best teacher, find somebody who has done it and ask them.
>>
>>30665040
Not so tiny. The cerebellum is about 1/4th of the brain. Hit that and you'll literally be dead before you realize it. Shotgun in the mouth is about a 99% chance of success.
>>
>>30666575
Worth noting that this guy was probably also really really fat if he didn't feel a .22 in his body.
>>
>>30668511
Unless you aim straight up towards the roof of you mouth.

Source: google image "shotgun failed suicide"
>>
>>30668543
I said 99% success rate. The expanding gas literally explodes the head the vast majority of the time.
>>
>>30668511
>cerebellum
>not the brainstem
>>
>>30667931
>>30666603
Can confirm Florida here. Been wearing the same jeans for two days, changed shirts last night after spilling beer on one.
Also op please don't kill yourself or, ignoring that, choose a better way.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.