[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the cheapest center fire round out there to shoot these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: A76254Match5.jpg (95 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
A76254Match5.jpg
95 KB, 800x520
What is the cheapest center fire round out there to shoot these days? I bought a Mosin a few years ago, but the prices have been really climbing. I love shooting the old girl, but I'm wondering if there is anything out there that is cheaper or are the days of cheap ammo over?
>>
7.62x39 or .223/5.56

that's assuming you meant rifle round. 9mm would be cheaper and is centrefire.
>>
.223 if in the West

.22 Hornet is cheap for factory

Make your shots count more if you can't afford much shooting; put smaller targets at decent ranges
>>
>>30663846

Welcome to over 12 months ago if you think 54r is a cheap round to shoot,get with the times.

surplus is all dried up and shot up due to middle east, and ukrainian conflicts.

54r is 40-50c a round.
MFW I bought 10k rounds for 15-20 cents a round.
>>
>>30663874
How much should .223 cost per round? You can't reload the 54r so should I be taking that into consideration?
>>
>>30663928
I just bought 2 spam cans for .17 cents a round. I'm not going to be throwing the Mosin in the scrap heap any time soon. I really enjoy hunting with the gun and can get SPs for cheaper than my .243 so It's going to be in my lineup for awhile. I'm just wondering if I need to look for a new plinker or if centerfire rifle plinkers are gone.
>>
>>30663935
match quality if youre reloading could be >$.60 per round

surplus shit you can get it as low as $.30 per round, maybe less.
>>
>>30663928
>54r is 40-50c a round
>funnyjunk
it's like cancer managed to get a keyboard
>>
probably 7.62x39. new production steel is roughly low to mid 20 cpr after shipping, depending on the deal.
>>
>>30663928
Where the fuck are you paying $220 for a spam can?
>>
>>30663846
9mm.

Also, reload.
>>
>>30663935
>Can't reload x54r
Since when?
>>
>>30664325
Russians use a different primer system. Unless OP wants to nigger-rig his own pressure sensitive explosives to re-use spent Surplus primers, he's lookin at over 1$ per round to get usable spent brass.
>>
>>30664325
probably closer to steel case berdan primed 54r isn't worth reloading.

>>30664353
nigga they sell berdan primers.
>>
>>30664365
>>30664353
They make brass cases that take boxer primers you know...
https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/12651
>>
>>30663846
Mosin ammo is getting more expensive but it's still not bad despite what the speeds on here say. Its still less than comparable rounds like .308 and 30-06

.223, 7.62x39, and 9mm are the cheapest centerfire cartridges I see right now, all can be found for about 25 cents per round if you buy in bulk.
>>
>>30664325
Not OP but a lot of the stuff I get is Berdan primed. That's fucking hassle to get Berdans. I live in 'murica, so getting my hands on Berdan primers is hard as fuck. Not to mention the casings are often not brass and would be a pain in the ass to reload.
>>
>>30664407
>I live in 'murica, so getting my hands on Berdan primers is hard as fuck.

Its called the fucking internet grandpa, ask your grandson to type it into Google for you after he's done getting your catheter in.
>>
5.45 and 7.62x39. Just bought a ton of 7N6 at 18 cpr about a month ago
>>
>>30664389
I stand corrected.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.