[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First rifle. Also, transportation question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
I'm visiting my uncle in Michigan, and earlier today, he gave me his Mosin. 1953 stamped on the receiver, and he said it was Hungarian.

He said that if we took the bolt out and the bayonet off, I could probably transfer the rifle back to MN. My dad would take the bolt and bayonet back with him separately. What documentation do I need to prove that the rifle is mine, and is there a better way to transport it?
>>
michiperson here

u can have it in your trunk in most states, separate from the ammo. But theres a few IL being one where you have to take apart the gun. I think they can be in the same case, just not functionally connected.
>>
>>30663550
What about documentation?
>>
No OP but in a similar situation. Plan on getting a rifle soon so I can go shooting with my buddy in Pennsylvania but I only have a bicycle for transport. Would it be illegal to have it locked in a hard case and tie it to the handle bars when I pedal up there?
>>
Have him write a bill of sale / gift. Both you sign it.

But really nothing is needed.

Also. As long as it is in a case unloaded. It is fine to transport.

In IL keep it in the trunk or out of the passenger compartment. And dont get stopped.
>>
>>30664051
Yes.

A guitar or non gun case might be a less conspicuous way
>>
>>30664103
Unfortunate.
>>
>>30664051
>travelling on a bicycle
stop acting like youre homeless and buy a car.
>>
>>30663447
1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act -- for a Michigan to Minnesota trip, just put it in the trunk and drive. You're fine.

You don't need to transfer it if it's a gift. Just accept it.

God, so many faggots hang out on the goddamn weapons board and don't seem to know the most basic shit I fuckin swear.
>>
>>30664264
Then I'd just be driving without a license and before you say anything about that too I'm working on it.
>>
>>30664337
>working on it
>to get a license

How retarded do you have to be?
>>
>>30663447
If you're flying, buy a long case that accepts two locks. Do not transport ammunition with the firearm. Declare it at the baggage counter. Mark your case very uniquely. I'm talking spray paint it something very distinct, like a rainbow with a unicorn waving a giant banner with your name on it. Make it hard to steal. Lock it with two locks, keyed alike. Have the type and serial # written down in your pocket in case the attendant remembers to ask for it.

If you're traveling by car, keep it inside the vehicle throughout transport, out of sight if possible. If you're pulled over (for a speeding ticket or something), keep quiet about the gun. Just transport it out of reach (the trunk or buried under luggage).

No need to register it, there's really no paperwork that goes along with it either.
>>
>>30664355
Pretty fucking retarded I guess. Couldn't possibly have something to do with the shitty state I'm in having a minimum time requirement with a learner's permit before going to get an actual license.
>>
>>30664315
Would you rather I not ask the questions? I didn't expect to get handed a fucking gun today. But, since you seemingly know everything, you probably saw that coming. What you should've done was made a thread that detailed all the basics of this. That way, you wouldn't get so butthurt when people ask questions. You're not the solution; you're the problem.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.