[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nazi weapons and technology.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 664x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 664x441
If the nazis had more time where do you believe they could have advanced too what do you believe there weapons and technology would be at. With the help of nazi scientists we saw advancements in nuclear weapons and we even put a man on the moon. But what if the nazis had time to just keep working would they have advanced the state of weapons far beyond what we currently have in a shorter time? I don't know what are your thoughts?
>>
>>30662175

Their nuclear program never got off paper, but their New York rocket would have been ready in 1946/47.
>>
The nazi superscience myth is wehraboo lore.

They alienated many of the best german scientists before the war, and they had a technological inferiority in most respects throughout the war, and most of the advanced weapons they did have were either rushed to production and thus untested and unreliable or generally just wastes of resources and time.

So no, German scientists made themselves far more useful working for the Americans or Russians.
>>
File: triebflugel.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
triebflugel.jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
>>30662175
Shit would have gotten really, really weird OP. An example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke-Wulf_Triebfl%C3%BCgel

I mean everyone has heard of the v2, the paris gun, the maus, their nuclear program (that was 2-3 years behind ours but w/e), etc.

Lots of cray shit came from them and still would have they were innovators. The "flying wing" aircraft design, the jet engine, death ray technology, pneumatic weapons, the helicopter, to name a few were from nazi germany.
>>
>>30662364
>(that was 2-3 years behind ours but w/e)
Hell of a lot more than that...
>>
>>30662391
You hear different things from different sources but it was no more than 10 years by the general consensus.
>>
Germany really only had significant advances over the Allies in two areas - high-speed flight and rocketry.

Both of those, while impressive, would have had negligible impact on the outcome of the war, even if they had a couple of extra years to advance their technology.
>>
>>30662175
Nazis were using planes from 1936 and tanks from 1939 in 1945 so I don't know why you think they were good at advancing weapons?
>>
>>30662474

well I mean, the Manhattan project was only initiated in 1942, and produced results in 1945.

The German Nuclear program was backwards even before the Manhattan project thou, and they also didn't have enough Uranium to make things work.

>>30662175

The Nazis weren't technologically ahead of the Western Allies. I'd argue they were significantly behind, but fielded more of their experiments due to desperation.

Their science base simply wasn't as strong as the UK+US combined, and they cannibalized more of it than the allies did to fund the war effort.
>>
>>30662175
>tfw there are consipracy buffs and /pol/ tier neo nazis who believe the actual nazis survived and are creating some secret galactic/interdimensional/underground/hollow earth or secret continent empire to rebuild its strength and take over the world. Probably with some Holocaust 2.0 laser that just strait up mutates billions of non-aryans into white people directly without killing them. Like Iron Sky.
>>
>>30662603
You really think it was backwards from the start? I thought they were following the footsteps exactly and were just behind, but I could be wrong.

What say you about the booby trap left by nazis that was basically cubes of uranium suspended over heavy water set to drop?
>>
>>30662603
>The German Nuclear program was backwards even before the Manhattan project thou, and they also didn't have enough Uranium to make things work.
This. Their Heavy Water focus would have been a 10x greater resource sink than even the Manhattan project, and would have taken at least a decade. God bless Norwegian saboteurs none the less.
>>
>>30662664
>tfw there are people who think that both Germany and Japan detonated nukes.
>>
>>30662364
If that thing was so good how come neither the Russians nor the Americans made any after the war?
>>
>>30662364
>The "flying wing" aircraft design
Who us Jack Northrop?

>the jet engine
Who is Frank Whittle?

>helicopter
Who is Igor Sikorsky?
>>
>>30662364
How is that supposed to land?
>>
>>30662364
The only reason we see all these crazy projects is because their factories were overrun at the end of the war and all their design documents got captured.

Just about every other major manufacturer from the time had similarly crazy projects in their archives, the difference is that they didn't release them to the public until much later.
>>
>>30662175
Also tech is only so useful. They had such fuel shortages the me262 jets could only operate within 25 miles of thier bases. A lot of the jets were shot down easily by prop planes because theyd just wait until the 262s had to land.
>>
>>30662175
>If the nazis had more time
We'd be using Bf 109-ZZZZZZZZZ by now I guess.
>>
>>30663022
show me 5 examples of these crazy projects that didn't involve german scientists from allied countries.

I'll help you with:
>ENIAC

literally everything else was stolen unless you count small arms innovations which the allies an germany were basically on par with each other in.
>>
>>30662175
We'd be on Mars with a serious presence, search your heart, you know it to be true.
>>
>>30662984
it was supposed to go vertical and land like the spaceX.

>>30662842
>Who us Jack Northrop?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229

>>30662842
>the jet engine
Who is Frank Whittle?

you mean who hans von ohain and ernst heinkel (both german) who actually made it feasible and created the first jet aircraft the HEINKEL he 178, then germany continued to create the motherfuckin messerschmitt 262.

>>30662842

>helicopter
>Who is Igor Sikorsky?

Henrich Focke nigga. are you even trying?
>>
>>30662364

Designs for it were around for decades, it wasn't a new concept and Germany didn't invent nor pioneer jet engines, or helicopters.
>>
File: aerial-screw.jpg (40 KB, 400x297) Image search: [Google]
aerial-screw.jpg
40 KB, 400x297
>>30663454
>DURR LEO INVENTED THE FIRST HELICOPTER

you want to talk with reality in mind or just talk about concepts. leo got the tank too then and the chinese invented artillery.

>Heinkel He 178
>was the world's first aircraft to fly under turbojet power, and the first practical jet aircraft

>Henrich Rocke nigga.
>He is known for having developed the turbo shaft propulsion system used by the majority of all the world's helicopters.
>The Focke-Wulf Fw 61 is often considered the first practical, functional helicopter, first flown in 1936.

>>
>>30663556
>DURR LEO INVENTED THE FIRST HELICOPTER

Uh, no.

There were working helicopter prototypes before WWII you know, right? Or are you really just this ignorant of aviation history? Autogyros were around and fairly popular in the 20s before Focke tried it out for himself to say nothing of initial quadcopter designs decades before them.

>Heinkel He 178

So you do not deny then that the Germans were not the inventors of the jet engine, correct?

Educate your ignorant ass and come back.
>>
>>30663556
>>Henrich Rocke nigga.
Based his work on the Autogyro, which he was licensed to produce. There were people flying vertical lift rotor aircraft in the 1920's, anon.
>>
>>30663615
>The Focke-Wulf Fw 61 is often considered the first practical, functional helicopter, first flown in 1936.

you can't read.

>>30663615
>So you do not deny then that the Germans were not the inventors of the jet engine, correct?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolipile

DURRR THE GREEKS INVENTED THE JET ENGINE IN 1AD. completely missing the leo example that destroys your shit argument.

concept =/= reality/practicality/first working prototype
>>
>>30662673

The Nazis did just about everything about the nuclear program wrong.

> expelled many of the best scientists even before the program started

> lack of focus on physics under Hitler meant that Germany had a serious lack of new physicists that could assist the project leads/do experimentation

> didn't have a good way to enriching uranium. Uranium 235 and 238 are chemically and electromagnetically identical, the only way they could be separated is by mass. The Germans knew centrifuges were time consuming and wasted a ton of effort trying to find a magic bullet to Uranium enrichment (which they obviously never did).

> their bomb design Germany perused was more complicated than the American/British designs. Not a good thing when those were already hard enough to put together

> no source of uranium, with 1940's technology, you need tons and tons of uranium to get the few kilos of U-235 needed to make a bomb. Germany didn't have access to that much since the uranium mines were all in allied hands.
>>
>>30663670
>DURRR THE GREEKS INVENTED THE JET ENGINE IN 1AD. completely missing the leo example that destroys your shit argument.

If you want to make generic strawman arguments and flail impotently against them, be my guest. It only shows your own willful ignorance.
>>
>>30663556
>>Heinkel He 178
No mention of Ægidius Elling.
No mention of Maxime Guillaume.
No mention of Alan Arnold Griffith.
No mention of Frank Whittle.
No mention of A.A.Griffith.

Fucking child.

Whittle had his first jet engine up and running in 1937, by the way. It was self sustaining liquid fueled with an internal fuel pump. Hans von Ohain's design had to run on external power, and when he met Heinkel and they finally got an engine up and running several months after Whittle, it was powered by fucking Hydrogen. Hydrogen, anon. Supplied under external pressure.
>>
>>30663556
>>The Focke-Wulf Fw 61 is often considered the first practical, functional helicopter, first flown in 1936.
Nope. Merely the first practical transverse twin-rotor helicopter. They were flying things like autogyros for over a decade before it.
>>
>>30663709
>>30663725
>>30663703
>>30663615
This rustles the Wierboo.
>>
>>30663703
well I learned something today that history channel documentary and my googlefu weren't right. thank you anon. now I'm in the wikipedia black hole reading about fucking telemark.

>>30663706
you don't know what strawman is. 4/10 for the responses though I didn't even realize I was getting trolled this hard goddamn.

>>30663709
>splitting dem hairs
the general consensus is apparently:

that's it.
>>
File: slide_33[1].jpg (63 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
slide_33[1].jpg
63 KB, 960x720
Germans have always been the best engineers and scientists in the world. There's no telling where they'd be
>>
>>30663444

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_N-1M

> you mean who hans von ohain and ernst heinkel (both german) who actually made it feasible and created the first jet aircraft the HEINKEL he 178, then germany continued to create the motherfuckin messerschmitt 262.

ok so first test flight doesn't count, only the first widely deployed model

> Henrich Focke nigga. are you even trying?

First widely deployed model doesn't count, only the first test flight
>>
>>30663783
>>The Focke-Wulf Fw 61 is often considered the first practical, functional helicopter, first flown in 1936.
But it isn't. It simply isn't. There were plenty of functional, airworthy designs before it. The Autogyro had already been produced and sold in the hundreds before the Fw 61 even made its first flight.
>>
>>30663796
>Ho 229 first flight (as a glider, kek) 1944
>N-1M first powered flight 1940
Ouch. That hurts.
>>
>>30663783
>you don't know what strawman is

You literally made up arguments to shriek against like an angry liberal who sees a gun.
>>
>>30663796
>you mean who hans von ohain and ernst heinkel (both german) who actually made it feasible and created the first jet aircraft

Frank Whitttle was already working on his design in the late 1920s and openly Patented the design in 1930, a full seven years before Ohhain's design ran.
>>
>>30663756
>This rustles the Wierboo.

So does this.
>>
>>30663942
Not to mention their working engine was finished months before van Ohain and Heinkel's, was self sustaining, used liquid fuel. The German design was late, required external fuel pressure AND USED FUCKING HYDROGEN FOR FUEL. I don't think I can say this enough.

Whittle, with Griffith, designed and built the first jet engine, modern or otherwise. Period.
>>
>>30663796
You are right about the flying wing concept anon. I failed to even consider prop aircraft I sit corrected.

>>30663796
Honestly, your argument alone for this goes both ways as well. Which do you want to pick?

Honestly though though Fw 61 is known as the first helicopter by general consensus. Saying anything else is splitting hairs and tailoring to your argument.

As far as the jet engine goes test flights go what test flight are you talking about whittle invented only the concept

>Whittle's jet engines were developed some years earlier than those of Germany's Hans von Ohain who was the designer of the first jet engine to be used to actually power an aircraft

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Whittle

come now.
>>
>>30664000
>Honestly though though Fw 61 is known as the first helicopter by general consensus.
Nope. It's considered the first practical transverse twin-rotor helicopter. Period.

The first self-powered helicopters flew in the early 20's, were produced and sold in large numbers.

Not to mention Focke didn't even begin work on a helicopter until 1933, after he'd acquired a license to produce Autogyros and got a good look at them.
>>
File: thats kinda gay.jpg (15 KB, 277x221) Image search: [Google]
thats kinda gay.jpg
15 KB, 277x221
>>30664000
>get thoroughly BTFO
>you're just splitting hairs!
>>
>>30664000
>come now.
It's the truth. His first engine was a mature design and was up and running months before the immature and insanely dangerous German design. The only reason he and the British didn't have a working jet airplane before the Germans was the British government's shortsightedness in not funding Whittle's project for development.
>>
>>30664039
The wikipedia article on the fw 61 literally says
>The Focke-Wulf Fw 61 is often considered the first practical, functional helicopter, first flown in 1936

that is the end of the argument, unless you want to talk concepts like the ariel screw by davinci in which case I guess the wops beat everyone by like 500 years.
>>
>>30664085
Why are you so interested in bringing up da vinci when shit was around that was flying decades before these things you wish to claim were things that germany pioneered? Why do you feel the need to make such strawman arguments? Are you truly this ignorant of history?
>>
>>30664060
...but the germans did have a working jet airplane which is what I'm trying to say unless you are talking about jet engines in which case the greeks still beat everyone with the aeolipile if you want to go way back
>>
>>30664137
You specifically said jet engine in your original post.

Why are you moving the goalpost so much?
>>
>>30664085
Oh? We're going by wiki now? Ok.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter
>The Bréguet-Dorand Gyroplane Laboratoire was built in 1933. It was a coaxial helicopter, contra-rotating. After many ground tests and an accident, it first took flight on 26 June 1935. Within a short time, the aircraft was setting records with pilot Maurice Claisse at the controls.
>This major difficulty was resolved by Juan de la Cierva's introduction of the flapping hinge. In 1923, de la Cierva's first successful autogyro was flown in Spain by Lt. Gomez Spencer.
>Nicolas Florine, a Russian engineer, built the first twin tandem rotor machine to perform a free flight. It flew in Sint-Genesius-Rode, at the Laboratoire Aérotechnique de Belgique (now von Karman Institute) in April 1933, and attained an altitude of six meters (20 ft) and an endurance of eight minutes. Florine chose a co-rotating configuration because the gyroscopic stability of the rotors would not cancel. Therefore, the rotors had to be tilted slightly in opposite directions to counter torque. Using hingeless rotors and co-rotation also minimised the stress on the hull. At the time, it was one of the most stable helicopters in existence.[42]
Just three of the designs which flew long before the Fw 61 which would immediately be recognized as a helicopter by any person in the street.

>>30664137
>...but the germans did have a working jet airplane which is what I'm trying to say unless you are talking about jet engines in which case the greeks still beat everyone with the aeolipile if you want to go way back
What are you even talking about with this greek shit? That's neither a jet engine nor even a rocket engine.

Further more, right here in your first post you said >>30662364
>the jet engine
not jet aircraft. So there's that.
>>
>>30664157
>>30664180
kek. gotta love it when they try and move dem goalposts but forget the shit they wrote down earlier in the thread is still there.
>>
>>30664000

That was mockery.

When confronted with whittle, wehraboos say "Germany had the first widely produced jet engine, which is what counts".

When confronted with the Sikorsky R-4, wehraboos say "R-4 was mass produced, but the Germans got the first prototype, which is what counts".

Can't have you cake or eat it too. Either the first prototype counts or first mass production counts. So Germany misses on at least one of the technological milestones.
>>
>>30664157
>>30664180
no you right, jet aircraft whatever. if you want to got back to my original post the whole idea is shit would have gotten really weird cause nazis were obsessed with crazy weapons and were good at making them. I've been corrected on the difference between "jet engine" and "working jet airplane".

>>30664180

you can't read that tho w/e. ariel screw etc etc I'm talking to a wall.
>>
>>30664288
here desu I don't really like nationalists/wehraboos just history, an cunninghams law is great on imageboards to learn shit.
>>
>>30663150
Underrated comment.
>>
>>30664300
>cunninghams law
Ah. The lampshaded way to say, "I was only pretending to be retarded, guize!"

This is somehow better?
>>
>>30663965
por que? whats the story with this?
>>
File: 1464812630709.jpg (41 KB, 653x574) Image search: [Google]
1464812630709.jpg
41 KB, 653x574
>>30662175
>>
>>30664406
I feel like the file name describes it pretty well
>>
>>30664649
well youre as useful as tits on a bull
no shit sherlock
ya dont say

>pick one jackoff
>>
>>30662664
>tfw people still think Hitler wanted to kill all non aryans and not just move all the races back to their homelands that they evolved to.
>>
File: YHWH .jpg (132 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
YHWH .jpg
132 KB, 1024x684
Here some nazi like propaganda
>>
File: bich7-2.jpg (27 KB, 700x203) Image search: [Google]
bich7-2.jpg
27 KB, 700x203
>>30663796
>N-1M
Pfffft.
>>
I love seeing wehraboos get completely btfo
>>
>>30663703
Didn't they also suffer from not knowing that graphite could be used as a moderator for Pu production?
>>
>>30667176
You do realize the BICh aircraft were not flying wing, only tail less right?
>>
File: Kennedy_vonbraun_19may63_02.jpg (35 KB, 541x734) Image search: [Google]
Kennedy_vonbraun_19may63_02.jpg
35 KB, 541x734
thank you for your service Dr Von Braun.
>>
>>30663150
should have been /thread
>>
>>30662504
>would have had negligible impact on the outcome of the war,
I'll bet a fuckload of jew gold that if Germany was at v2 levels at 1930, they'd have ICBM's at the start of the war.
>>
>>30669711
>I'll bet a fuckload of jew gold that if Germany was at v2 levels at 1930
Considering the level of technology growth between 1930-1940 in aviation and rocketry, that's like saying "if the Soviets had a MiG-23 in Korea, they totally would have BTFO the F-86".

Further, considering how far behind the Nazi nuclear program was, an operational ICBM would have done little to nothing for them except as an immense resource sink (link the V-1 and V-2 ultimately were) - even modern ICBM CEPs with conventional explosive warheads would not have allowed for precision strikes on industrial targets or even effective hampering of industrial capacity against the allies, which is what the Axis was most sorely lacking.

As it is, the V-1 and V-2 provided only a significant resource drain for no tactical value and the dubious strategic value of terrorizing but also hardening the resolve of the British populace. The only perspective from which V weapons can be considered remotely effective tactically or efficient logistically is from German's complete failure to either develop a strategic bomber or gain enough success with U-boat operations to significantly hamper Allied supply lines. As it was they neither disrupted production in a serious way nor significantly reduced the flow of troops, supplies and equipment across the Atlantic. In short, when all you've got is a massively inefficient and inaccurate strategic weapon, that weapon gets heavily used. That doesn't make it a good or efficient weapon overall.
>>
The thread assumes the western world and the Soviet union didn't scramble to offer jobs/kidnap all of the useful guys after the war.

The scientists kept working as before, the end of the war just meant a couple of labs got divided up between the various countries trying to grab up scientists
>>
>>30670316
>The thread assumes the western world and the Soviet union didn't scramble to offer jobs/kidnap all of the useful guys after the war.
This poster assumes a huge proportion of the cream of Nazi scientific endeavor was not already skimmed before the war by the US, UK and USSR. Seriously. Nazi social and political policy crippled several areas of their R&D sectors, none so dramatically as their Physics researchers.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.