[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best gun for a woman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: lcr 22.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lcr 22.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
So my wife has weak wrists and can't even pull the charging handle of my rifle reliably. She also couldn't handle a .38 out of one of those little 5 shot J-frame revolvers. What is something that basically a child could ccw? Should I get her a .22 like pic related?
>>
>>30661450
.22 mag
>>
>revolver with heavy trigger pull
>not a semiauto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOiAUpHaWtY

Load it up with CCI Stinger or Velocitors, tell her to aim for the eyes/nose
>>
File: hotchkiss.png (559 KB, 1071x694) Image search: [Google]
hotchkiss.png
559 KB, 1071x694
>>30661450
You need a new wife
>>
>>30661478
>not marrying a tiny woman who loves animals and is basically 13 for life

it's pretty adorable desu
>>
>>30661450
>j-frame
The air-weight ones?
Well there's your problem
Should have gotten her an SP101
Its twice the weight
>>
>>30661450
A set of weights.
>>
>>30661450
Get her a beretta tomcat. I sold one to an 86 year old woman the other day at the lgs I work at. The great thing about it is that she won't have to rack the slide at all, which is the hardest part for people with no grip strength. The barrel pops up allowing you to insert the first round. Then you just push the barrel back down, eject the magazine, load, insert, and you're ready to go. No racking of the slide is nessisary.
>>
File: DSC_0019.jpg (1 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0019.jpg
1 MB, 3008x2000
>>30661495
I think you could upgrade strength and size to where she can handle .38 and still have the animal loving child you want
>>
>>30661450
Revolvers for women: the trigger pull is too much. If you give her a revolver have something with a hammer she can pull back. Ruger LCRx is 38 special. Maybe get her the 357 and shoot 38's. The heavier gun will soak up more of the recoil.

Semi: most women have issue racking slides because they try to be dainty about it. Hold the slide firmly in left hand, push the gun down with the right. You're stronger pushing the gun vs pulling the slide. 9mm is good. Small guns might be harder glock 19 might be a good compromise. I have a LC9s and everyone loves it.

Ammo: Hornady Critical Defense LITE or even regular ball. Hate to over penetrate but hate to miss even more.
>>
>>30661476
might as well get .177 if you're committed to eye shots
>>
>>30661450
>weak wrists
Man or woman, you need training to shoot.

Mine was TERRIFIED of a .308 when she started shooting it, now she's firing a hundred rounds in one session.

Yes, you may start with something small or weak - but very soon you will realize that she'll need strength no matter how small or weak it is. Then, hopefully, she will realize that, too. The sooner, the better.
>>
>>30661450
I recommend getting her a .500 magnum. A child could shoot that with 1 hand
>>
>>30661507
This. Tomcat plus Buffalo Bore hard cast rounds.
>>
>>30661450
.22 mag would be a better pick, but ammo for .22 mag is really hard to find right now. Plus it is being sold for the same price as .45ACP in a lot of areas.
The 8 shot .22 LR in your pic would probably work just fine. Just don't load it with shit practice ammo like Remington Thunderbolt. Load it with CCI mini-mags. Nice part with a revolver, especially with a rim fire, is if your round doesn't go off, you can just keep pulling the trigger.
>>
>>30662870
My girlfriend was even terrified of shooting my pellet rifle. Now she shoots all my .22lrs and my AR-15, albeit she's still afraid of the shotguns and full power rifles. Not bad for a 5'7 110lbs girl.
>>
>>30661450

My Mom uses my Ruger 22/45 Lite for a nightstand gun. She is a good shot with it.

I am working on getting her up to a 9mm, but she likes the .22 so much I don't think I will bother.
>>
>>30663734
Does it ever fail to fire? I worry about using rimfire as a defense round for that reason.
>>
>>30661495
>Can't handle .38 out of a massive J-frame
>Can't pull a charging handle

That's not "13 y/o" weak, that's "dying in like 30 seconds from consumption" weak.
>>
Walther ccp
>>
Was the j-frame one of those tiny grip shits or did it have a full grip? Whatever it is it's gunna need a decent grip, have her fingerfuck everything in the gun shop
>>
>>30661450
A barbell and plates is a better investment right now m8, a person too out of shape to charge or pull the trigger on a pistol is pretty much fucked in any violent encounter. Even If you find one she can use she'll be too slow and uncoordinated to do much beyond give the attacker a free gun.

If women want to be able to walk the streets unaccompanied by a man than men need to stop treating them like retarded cripples and whip that ass into shape.
>>
>>30661495
>and is basically 13 for life
that sounds fucking awful. good luck with your Dachau tier wife
>>
>>30664116
This, OP. Your wife is a pussy, and therefore a liability.
>>
My 88 year old grandma has a 357 smith and ur telling me ur wife can't shoot 38?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.