[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saturday night specials
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 0.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
Are there any little saturday night special type pistols worth having? It sounds like they're all trash. I was thinking about keeping one in a hallowed out book or hidden somewhere in my computer room. I have a safe and other pistols, but I don't like the idea of owning a safe, a nice expensive pistol, and then not keeping it in a safe in the first place. Also something I can just throw in my pocket on a summer day is a bonus.
>>
Hi Points are good to have for kicks. I have two. They're shitty but they do work.
>>
File: willhayden.jpg (134 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
willhayden.jpg
134 KB, 800x450
It seems a bit pointless to stake your life on a shitty pistol.
>>
I got a fie titan 25 acp. Havent shot it yet but it seems like a quality piece. Intend to start carrying it due to the tiny size.
>>
>>30659751
The first sentence is asking which ones are worth having. Some cheap guns still work. They're not all jimenez/lorcin shit tier.
>>
>>30659381
Hi Point sort of dominates this market, and for good reason. They are markedly better than the Bryco, Jennings, Phoenix, etcetera that were common in the past. Being available in cartridges like 380ACP, 9mm Parabellum, and 45ACP also helps, considering the cost and performance of 25ACP and 32ACP.

That said, Hi Points are bulky, with the C9 and JHP being very hard to conceal in light clothing.

If you can swing $200 to $250, a Ruger LCP would be a good choice. Rock Island/Armscor M206 revolvers are also good for the money. Both would be more concealable than a Hi Point and many of the blowback 32ACP pistols made over the years.
>>
>>30659381
I have a hipont cf380 I rate 5/10 - feeds Tula flawlessly and has drop in sights. Accurate enough.

Rohm RG38 - FUCKING 10/10 - tight, compact, lightweight and German. Very good gun although most of their 22s are le poopoo

Rohm RG23 - 3 1/2 barrel - 8/10. killer plinker. Metal is quality, and it is VERY accurate. I love these three and believe it or not they're actually my go to plinkers minus my EDC. I would reccomend hipoint for the fun of it.
>>
>>30659381
OH! Iver Johnson TP22 filled with High Velocity Hollow points. Watched one put down a doggo once. For just a "stash gun"/"fucks sake" gun I'd snag one. Especially @ the price tag of like 120.
See also: Pheonix Arms HP22.
Skip Jimenez, Cobra. They truly are not worth it. Truly, truly, truly.
>>
>>30660292
OP's whole point was about junk nigger tier guns. The LCP is a great pistol, not a Tyrone special.
>>
File: cheapo.jpg (71 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
cheapo.jpg
71 KB, 1024x665
>>30659381

Pistols? No.

The old H&R top break .32 revolvers were basically the Saturday Night Specials of their era and they're kind of a fun novelty. The cartridge sucks, and the construction is cheap; but they're cheap and fun and there aren't really any top break revolvers on the market these days.

Its a novelty, not a serious gun; but there are dumber ways to blow $150.
>>
File: 310520111134.jpg (164 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
310520111134.jpg
164 KB, 1200x900
>>
Get a P-64. Super cheap and not shit, still small, not a saturday night special but it still has that aesthetic.
>>
>>30662156
I was hoping to steer OP sort of away from absolute garbage. I had a Raven and have used a Bryco. Both were terrible, worse than any of the Hi Points I have owned (C9, JHP, and 995).

If I had no other choice, I would obviously take a true junk gun, but OP seems to be of enough means to get a decent cheap gun.
>>
For the prices I've seen Saturday night Specials go for, ($100-$130), you could just get a HiPoint for a few dollars more.
Although they're probably <$100 when you purchase them from your neighborhood friendly crack dealer.
>>
>>30659381
The MP-25 is nice, wouldn't trust my life to it except in dire emergencies but it's fun to shoot
>>
>>30659381
I'd rather have a Saturday night special than nothing at all. If it's all you can afford, get it.
>>
>>30659381
Buy a Makarov or some other cheap slavshit surplus
>>
>>30669743
>maks
>cheap

nigga what
>>
>>30670429
maybe if you live in serbia
>>
File: tmp_10772-IMAG0199947943913.jpg (4 MB, 5376x3024) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10772-IMAG0199947943913.jpg
4 MB, 5376x3024
Get a nice J frame instead OP
>>
>>30672901
This, if you can't swing for a S&W, Charter Arms makes a nifty .38 snubnose in the low $300's. A Rossi .38 would be even cheaper, but I don't know if they are any good.. Or, if the country goes Trumpamania in November we can go back to the days of being able to get $100 CZ-70's. We can always hope.
>>
>>30662227
They're fucking kryptonite to gunsmiths tho
just had one break on me and they're next to impossible to service with no side plate
>>
>>30673048
are m206 snubs any good?
>>
>>30659381

Depends on what you mean by "worth having"

If you want them for the novelty and collector appeal, then yes.

If you want them because you want to put a weapon in every room in your house, then Hi Point serves that purpose in the same price point. Just putting extra magazines in every room is cheaper
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.