[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What country makes the best weapons overall?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 300x88) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 300x88
In my personal opinion it's Russia because of the Kalashnikov AK-47 which is overall my favorite gun. But what countries do you believe are the best and why.
>>
Overall?

Belgium very closely followed by Germany.

This is coming from a 100% die hard slavaboo
>>
Czechs
>>
>>30658485
I like Russia, but probably Germany.
>>
America.

I shouldn't even have to say this.
>>
File: T-55_Iraq_02.jpg (387 KB, 1527x747) Image search: [Google]
T-55_Iraq_02.jpg
387 KB, 1527x747
>>30658485
>judging an entire nation's military force on the success of one rifle
>>
>>30658485
Switzerland.
>>
>>30658485
Funland gave the world:
KP-31
L-35
L-39 "Elephant gun"
M39
Rk -series
TRG-42

just to name a few
>>
Any answer other than the US is wrong.

>airpower
The US has entire deployed squadrons of stealth aircraft, from strategic bombers to fifth-gen multiroles
>naval
The US has half the world's aircraft carriers, top tier SSBNs, and the only SSGNs worth a damn, and that's not even counting our fleet of SSNs.
>armor, artillery, etc.
Given that the Armata is a joke, the US remains dominant here.
>small arms
The AR platform in the hands of half trained potato niggers gave the Royal Army a fine set of Ulster ulcers for decades. In the hands of American soldiers and marines it has not been found wanting since the kinks in the M16A1 got worked out.
>>
USA, followed by medpack land, then germany.
belgium would be on that list but many of FNs designs werent made by belgians (many of the founders were french and german, and their most popular/best selling firearms were almost all browning designs).
>>
>>30658485
all most every Soviet block country made AK's better than Russia.
>>
>>30659401
>Military Success
>Best Weapons
These do not necessarily go hand in hand.
>>
>>30663627
>>30659401
Also, I'm retarded and read "Military Force" as "Military Success"
>>
>>30658822

this man speaks the truth
>>
>>30658822
Close.
Belgium, Czechoslovakia, and then Germany.
then Austria, and then Russia.

As much as I hate to say it, America comes in just before noguns countries that aren't the above but behind everybody else except in certain cases.
>>
Belgium, but as another post has already said, most of their designs come from John Moses Browning, or the Mauser brothers, not native designs.
>>
>>30663742
design is a factor, but so is quality of manufacturing, a sloppily made gun based on a good design is a sloppily made gun.
>>
>>30658485
>best weapons overall
>picks Russia
kek America make better AKs than those illiterate vatniks

also
>Belgium, Czeskaland, Switzerland
>>
>>30658822
FN is inferior to HK
>>
>>30664102
I call bullshit. FAL better than G3. SCAR better than G36. G35 Browning Hi Power best pistol ever. M240 and M249 best squad machine guns ever. The only thing HK does better is the MP5 smg.
>>
>>30663739
Czechoslovakia doesn't exist anymore
>>
>>30664102
In what alternate dimension?
>>
>>30658485
Is this a bait thread? I hope it is and you're not some retarded underage kid posting.
>>
>>30663739
>>30663728

You forgot Switzerland, which should take the cake for consistent high quality.
>>
Russia easily.

>>30664102
FAL shits on the G3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MK_R4mIk_I
>>
>>30663739
try switzerland, finland, and belgium.
>>
File: get_imasddsge.php.jpg (223 KB, 1200x902) Image search: [Google]
get_imasddsge.php.jpg
223 KB, 1200x902
>>30659401
>>
>>30665980
USA BTFO
>>
Chezch republic ez
>>
Ok m8 I kno it's fuckin Straya, we gave the world the best rooty tooty tubey shootey the Owen gun and F1. Dinky die dakka will perforate your didgeridoo m8.
Punched holes through the gooks in nam and will sure as shit kill the dingo that ate ya baby.
Ivan Milat would have used one to slay Euro backpacker if he could.

Nah it's not a generic tube smg just cause some cunt built it in his shed. It's imbued with the angry souls of a thousand dead aborigines. It'll pierce you tucka tanks with a hundred metal spears before you can say "struth that's a bonza bang stick",

Kangaroo
>>
America, then Belgium (caveats above), and then everyone else can squabble over the rest of the loser spots.

Not an American.
>>
>>30666008
Kek
>>
Depends on what you mean by "best" and whether you consider where the designs originate from as being more or less important than where those designs were most refined.

For example Armalite and Browning are probably the most influential sources of modern firearms design as they systems they developed are used as the basis of what is now considered the best of small arms technology though the weapons they initially designed are now considered obsolete. Who deserves the credit, the American designs which form the base or the people who took those designs and refined them into modern commercial success?
>>
>>30666008
*clap clap*
>>
Swiss ! Sig !
>>
>>30662543
This, all the weapons I own are made in America. All the weapons I want are made in Israel.
>>
File: ju.jpg (154 KB, 790x526) Image search: [Google]
ju.jpg
154 KB, 790x526
>>30658485
pakistan
>>
>>30664220
>opinions
that being said Germany has more weapon manufacturers than only HK.
>>
>>30658485

US
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 372x372) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 372x372
>>30664078
>kek America make better AKs than those illiterate vatniks
>>
>>30658485
Belgium had all kinds of cool shit. Russia just has the ak and a few others.
>>
>>30658485
The Krauts are pretty fucking good at it- pretty much anything H&K. British used to be pretty god-tier before they cucked themselves- Enfields were the world's longest-serving bolt actions and the fastest, due to a design that didn't make you change your sight picture every time you fired, and were also pretty damn rugged. Models made over 100 years ago still work today. They're the Mosin Nagant of the West. And of course Ivan has to be brought up because actual Mosins are a thing, along with the AK and pistols like the Makarov and Tokarev. And America isn't as good at it as they used to be but shit like the 1911, M14 and the M60 doesn't get forgotten.
>>
>>30658485
>Who makes the FN Scar 17, the best rifle ever produced?
The correct answer is Belgium.
>>
>>30658900
America barely even makes guns. For fucks sake, most of our military's small arms are produced in Belgium.
>>
All weapons? US

Small arms only? Belgium.
>>
Russia is mostly good at making cost-effective weapons. The Makarov and its blowback design comes to mind, so does the AKM and RPG

In terms of quality:

Switzerland > Germany > Belgium > US

In terms of designs:

Belgium > Germany > Austria > USA > Czech R. > Russia
>>
>>30658485

CHINA
>>
>>30658485
I dunno, who has the best nukes? I pick them.
>>
>>30667356
Colt
Barret
Remington
S&W
Winchester
Ruger
Springfield

and that doesn't even count companies that just make AR-15s and accessories.

America just isn't home to glock, H&H, CZ, FN, or slavshit
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.