[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/, i wanna buy an AR tomorrow. trying to keep it under $1500
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: giphy[1].gif (918 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
918 KB, 500x281
/k/, i wanna buy an AR tomorrow.
trying to keep it under $1500 including tax.

i've never owned an AR and only fired one a handful of times.
what should i be looking for?
>>
>>30655548
M&P Sport II + ammo

enjoy
>>
>>30655548
Colt 6920

Buy ammo and magazines

Get a sling

Go to the range
>>
>>30655572
>Colt 6920
This is the golden boy of all AR15s. If you own a 6920, you are respected highly among the AR community.
>>
>>30655572
I like the Colt 6920. Own 4 ARs, two are 6920's. One is a Daniel Defense build, one is a Palmetto State Armory build. I like them all, but the 6920 is great out of the box to everyone except the subset of build-my-own fanboys who are obsessed with some "better than milspec" scam feature they paid too much for. Those boys won't be taking them out of momma's basement much anyway, so no worries.
>>
>>30655605
I can taste your sarcasm, but really they're solid and have all the shit you need like individually Magnetic Particle Tested and High Pressure Tested barrels and bolt carriers, shot peened carpenter steel bolt carriers, 4150 cmv chrome lined barrels, heavy carbine buffer etc etc. You'd have to build an ar15 to get all the parts a 6920 has for less.
>>
>>30655605
>>30655671
Tone it down, dude.
>>
>>30655548
Atlantic will restock Mil-spec Fedarm AR-15's for $479 this week.
Its just as good as the Colt, all the same mil-spec parts.
>>
File: lrbArms.jpg (425 KB, 1999x1307) Image search: [Google]
lrbArms.jpg
425 KB, 1999x1307
>>30655548
Low tier, will go bang, bretty gud rifles:
S&W Sporter Gen 2, Ruger AR

Mid tier, damn nice guns:
Bravo Company (BCM), Colt, Daniel Defense, Rainier Arms (and many others honestly)

Gucci, I want a roll mark tier (over your budget):
La Rue, Knights

Avoid:
-Anderson Manufacturing complete rifles.
-DelTon
-Remington
-Mossberg
-Bushmaster + Armalite (simply because they are over priced for what they give you. May as well go with S&W or Ruger)

In general that's about it.
>>
>>30656164
am i good with an M&P with a heavy barrel?
>>
I got a Rock River Arms ar. It runs like a champ.
>>
>>30655562
That and maybe some new furniture but putting a whole bunch of shit on it like lights and scopes and lasers is fucking clown shoes. Know your rifle then advance with optics
>>
>>30655548
That should be easy to accomplish, $1500 is plenty to get a good rifle. As far as what to look for... there are more thoughts on that than you can count. If you are going to buy a complete rifle from your lgs, just bring your phone and look up reviews of the brands they have. Most of them are going to be people bitching about preference, but look for good reliability rating.
>>
>>30655698
I was the second post you were telling to tone down...but not the first. I assume the other guy was being sarcastic. I wasn't. I was sort of responding to that in saying that the 6920 was just fine out of the box and the only people who would be giving him shit about owning one are fanboys.
So to be clear, yes on the Colt 6920. It's a quality gun, readily available at a decent price.
>>
>>30656725
You'd be fine with a bone stock M&P out of the box. 650 in OH, that leaves the rest of your budget for beer, parts, or tons of ammo, Or all three. I won't tell you how to live your life.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.