[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ammo can Seal Gasket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: can.jpg (50 KB, 577x577) Image search: [Google]
can.jpg
50 KB, 577x577
Hello /k/ommandos,

Eurofag here, I bought a very cheap standard ammo can very simillar to the one on the image here.
it is the same as the blackhawks one amerifags get in walmart as this guy says:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYKaBlbpEBI

My question is simple, if I remove the seal gasket, will the box close kinda OK ? or will the cap be loose?

I don't want to remove mine, it's tighly fitted in the metal and I don't want to deteriorate it.

(I have the intention to build a pc inside of it, but the mini-itx motherboard won't fit if I do not remove the gasket

the mad man in this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYKaBlbpEBI

filed the motherboard in order to get it to fit)

http://www.mini-itx.com/70987471
>>
the lid will be loose and rattle.
>>
>>30655347
the answer is clear thanks
>>
>>30655333
Should've used a 40mm can m8
>>
>>30655907
Its a pain to find these in europe mate, i'm actually from france, and only the 5.56 for the FAMAS is popular, my box has french words on it.

I can"t find a good website that ships internationnally with various sizes of cans

so if you have got any good websites that sells that...
>>
>>30656007
I can't read frog, but

https://www.amazon.fr/Compact-original-munitions-am%C3%A9ricaine-cartouches/dp/B00SHNUZVQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_4?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1468774880&sr=1-4-fkmr1&keywords=pa-120+40+mm+Ammo+peut%2Fmunitions+Bo%C3%AEte
>>
>>30656045
I've seen it, but 45 $ USD and no user review
It's 15 cm wide (5.9 inches) and I have to check first if the fan on top of the CPU will fit or not

thanks anyway
>>
>>30656045
>>30656095

Mine only 13cm wide (5.1 inches) so that may be a good option

thanks for the 40mm idea
>>
>>30656163
They make bigger ones, but those become impractically tall.
>>
File: over_40mm_1.jpg (238 KB, 1487x879) Image search: [Google]
over_40mm_1.jpg
238 KB, 1487x879
Dat chart is cool, 50cal FAT seems perfect but very uncommon
>>
>>30655333
The "StoutStuff" cans that the local Walmart gets are a little warped. The one the guy has in the video is in much better condition. On the ones I've seen, the sides bow out and this causes the sides not to seal well with the gasket. Even if you fix the sides by persuading them to be straight again, the gasket has already been embossed with the poor fit and the sides will slip back into that groove. The paint on these cans is definitely better that others and the gaskets are otherwise pristine. They did try, but ultimately they failed where it counts.

If you're just going to put a computer in it, go for it.

While the paint job on the Blackhawk cans hasn't been the greatest, they're the ones I prefer to actually store stuff. I've never seen them come with sealing problems and the interiors are always in good condition.
>>
>>30655333
>My question is simple, if I remove the seal gasket, will the box close kinda OK ? or will the cap be loose?

Yes it will be loose. After getting the entire thing put together, add a bead of caulk and it will fix the problem.
>>
File: IMG_20160717_193036.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_193036.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
>>30656218
that's what the guy says, blackhawk do the job and we don't really care about paint of these things ...

The motherboard it 17 cm and my box is 17.3 cm, I think it will work without removing the gasket seal but I want to have a Plan B

Without the gasket, if the sound of rattle is annoying, I won't be happy

for the moment I'm browsing the web, and hope to find a 50cal FAT or a cheap 40mm box

photo is my gasket in perfect condition with the metal sides perfectly fitting
>>
File: IMG_20160717_192600.jpg (1 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_192600.jpg
1 MB, 4160x3120
Image of the condition box for the pleasure of the eyes, with the frog words

>>30656262
Yeah good idea, I also thought of cutting the gasket, only on the side where the motherboard would fit
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.